Options

E3 2014 June 10-12

Comments

• Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raj_91 wrote: »
    Lol, you've gotta buy a DC, Shenmue I and II Panda!! :p:D. I'm just really hoping something Shenmue will occur next week :cry:! I tend to always watch on GameTrailers, does anyone know if Geoff will somehow interview Reggie again? I love it when he asks Reggie the questions we want to know and Reggie get's frustrated lol.

If I remember correctly I think they've said Reggie won't be doing anything for ninty this year. I will always remember that awkward GT interview last year :D
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I thought LA was 8 hours behind not 6. Anyways were tantalizingly close to finding out what surprises the game developers have for us.

All I know is that Microsoft's is usually around when I get in from work and that's 5-ish and Sony is always at 2am. I have no idea of the hour differences.

I think this year in terms of 'winning' E3, it has to come down to an exclusive game that will blow minds.
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    Sony's conference runs alongside Raw on Monday Panda ;-)

Best place I'd say is either GameTrailers or Twitch. GT tends to have for more anaylsis though

If I'm mean to you next week then sorry in advance, it'll be due to lack of sleep. :p

Sod anaylsis, show me the GAMES! Twitch it is. :D
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I thought LA was 8 hours behind not 6. Anyways were tantalizingly close to finding out what surprises the game developers have for us.

You are correct and i should hang my head in shame as my gf is in LA.
  • Options
    Raj_91Raj_91 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly I think they've said Reggie won't be doing anything for ninty this year. I will always remember that awkward GT interview last year :D

All I know is that Microsoft's is usually around when I get in from work and that's 5-ish and Sony is always at 2am. I have no idea of the hour differences.

I think this year in terms of 'winning' E3, it has to come down to an exclusive game that will blow minds.

Thanks. That's a shame, I've always looked forward to Geoff interviewing Reggie. Lol, yeah it is awkward, right. :D

I'll post the dates and times again, just incase anyone didn't see. :)

Microsoft:
    June 9th - 5.30PM

EA:
    June 9th - 8PM

Ubisoft:
    June 9th - 11PM

Sony:
    June 10th - 2AM

Nintendo:
    June 10th - 5PM

Sega:
    Dreamcast 2 Unveiling and first look at Shenmue - The Complete Saga - June 11th - 7pm.

Lol, just kidding about the Sega one...but I wish it was true!!!! :(:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm mostly looking forward to see what nintendo do. Sega are still missed in the console market in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    I'm mostly looking forward to see what nintendo do. Sega are still missed in the console market in my opinion.

Yeah, I miss Sega hardware.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I miss Sega hardware.

I still have my Saturn, Steering Wheel, Virtua Gun and NiGHTS 3d Pad. Ah those were the days. :cool::D

BTW why are there no gun games/hardware these days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have my Saturn, Steering Wheel, Virtua Gun and NiGHTS 3d Pad. Ah those were the days. :cool::D

Ah niceee!! :cool:. Good question, I wonder why. I guess they wouldn't sell much these days. Plus, I might be totally wrong here but I think those type of Light Guns only work with CRT TV's. You can still use the Wii and PS Move but it isn't the same fun I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah niceee!! :cool:. Good question, I wonder why. I guess they wouldn't sell much these days. Plus, I might be totally wrong here but I think those type of Light Guns only work with CRT TV's. You can still use the Wii and PS Move but it isn't the same fun I guess.

Ah right but wouldn't it be just the same using a wireless gun and the WIii or PS Move/Kinetic?

Gyroscopes and stuff would make it possible I would of thought unless I'm talking utter crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah right but wouldn't it be just the same using a wireless gun and the WIii or PS Move/Kinetic?

Gyroscopes and stuff would make it possible I would of thought unless I'm talking utter crap.

I guess so, what I meant was, it might not feel the same..that old school fun, if that makes sense lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess so, what I meant was, it might not feel the same..that old school fun, if that makes sense lol.

Hmmm not really as I would of thought it'd be more of the same. Speak english RAJ! :p

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of the gun shootings and stuff that seems to happen a lot these days.

I'm looking forward to E3 now! I hope Grid MotorSport is better than Grid 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm not really as I would of thought it'd be more of the same. Speak english RAJ! :p

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of the gun shootings and stuff that seems to happen a lot these days.

I'm looking forward to E3 now! I hope Grid MotorSport is better than Grid 2.

Lol I don't know!! I'm not making any sense...stop making me feel dumb Panda, I am tired dude! Haha.

If you search PS Move Gun on google, I think that's what the latest ones look like lol. Unless you go to the arcade.

Nice!! I've play the Grid Demo's on PS3, I found it pretty fun. E3 should be awesome, I still hype myself up year after year. Can't wait! :D
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »

I miss them a lot, but it's all their own fault. I feel they have alienated themselves from the rest of the world more and more with each passing year since the Dreamcast finished.

This whole silence over Phantasy Star Online 2 is ridiculous. I just want an update from them, just tell us why it won't be released outside of Asia. An English version has been made now but it's not actually available to English speaking countries like Britain, America and Australia, it's madness.

I just don't get Sega, if they carry on like this they will have no fans left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I bought the sharpershooter for PS3 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Sharp-Shooter-Move-Compatible/dp/B004IK8460

The last of rails shooter I bought at retail was House of the Dead: Overkill, also there are a few available on PSN and I would guess on XBLA, like the Resident Evil Chronicles and House of the dead games

I think the reason for the lack of them is probably because its a niche market and couple that with the fact full games such as Resistance and Killzone can be played with the Gun and there just isn't much need for on rails stuff anymore, which is a shame
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I miss them a lot, but it's all their own fault. I feel they have alienated themselves from the rest of the world more and more with each passing year since the Dreamcast finished.

This whole silence over Phantasy Star Online 2 is ridiculous. I just want an update from them, just tell us why it won't be released outside of Asia. An English version has been made now but it's not actually available to English speaking countries like Britain, America and Australia, it's madness.

I just don't get Sega, if they carry on like this they will have no fans left.

I know how you feel dude.

Did you see this?

It was at a panel they held at MomoCon 2014. :(
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Witcher 3 trailer is jaw dropping.

Don't know about you guys, but this E3 seems like it is shaping up to be the best one in a long time, so much on the line for Nintendo and Microsoft, and it seems like both are getting ready to break out the big guns. I really hope there will be some 'IT'S HAPPENING!!!!11' reveals too, from any party really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there some problem with Nintendo that I don't know about? Reading around I hear they won't be at E3 but will show something on their website/channel?

Is the Wii U not performing well?
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there some problem with Nintendo that I don't know about? Reading around I hear they won't be at E3 but will show something on their website/channel?

The Wii U is not performing well, but Nintendo will be at E3. In fact, they will have a large presence there what with there being a Smash Bros tournament on, Nintendo Treehouse and a large floor show.

There will be a digital conference, whether that means it will be the same as a Direct or something else......well we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    Well at the moment the Wii U is riding high on Mario Kart 8. In fact this week the Wii U sold more than half of what the Xbox One did!

And with Super Smash Bros along the way, it's still up in the air, when the 'One' will surpass the Wii U. It's quite embarrassing for the 'One' at the moment. :)
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its annoying that Sonys conference is always on in the middle of the night for us. I never wait it live because of that. I like the MS is always around tea time.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it's because they try to cater to their home countries, 2am for us is during day in japan I think. Of course I could be completely wrong on both accounts lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Since last year they've decided they won't participate in any of the 'big' conferences like MS and Sony.
    They want to be 'direct' as it were to fans, rather than a conference where it's primarily media. They've basically thrown in the towel on the whole 'winning' E3 idea. I think it does them more harm than good though.

And no the WiiU is performing terrible and they're not in a great place financially, hence all the rumours about them revealing new hardware to cover up for the WiiU' failure. I doubt they'll have a new console or handheld though
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Think it's because they try to cater to their home countries, 2am for us is during day in japan I think. Of course I could be completely wrong on both accounts lol

Yep, you're dead right. It'll be 10am in Japan
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard from a friend that Square Enix aren't making any kind of announcement at E3 to do with Kingdom Hearts III or Final Fantasy XV.

I've lost a massive chunk of interest if that's true.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And no the WiiU is performing terrible and they're not in a great place financially, hence all the rumours about them revealing new hardware to cover up for the WiiU' failure. I doubt they'll have a new console or handheld though

Thats not true. Unless they've stuffed up again already and not told devs ;).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Just heard from a friend that Square Enix aren't making any kind of announcement at E3 to do with Kingdom Hearts III or Final Fantasy XV.

I've lost a massive chunk of interest if that's true.

From the article in Famitsu today? FF15 I can kinda see them skipping over but KH3 I doubt it (and don't want them to).

Even so, if it were true that'd be the stupidest thing they could ever do. Square aren't exactly in the best place financially, and not capitalising on the interest KH3 and FF15 created would be farcical

Plus they put out a new trailer for KH 2.5, skip to 2.30ish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIzPLvoXTSg

I imagine just off of that alone they'll do something