Options

Remember Noel Edmonds and Jeremy Beadle used to play cruel tricks on people & celebs

starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
Forum Member
Gotcha and Beadles About.

What were your favourite ones?

Countdown Gotcha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD0VSJlKXEY

Beadles About alien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnxMd5e-lM0

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when Noel killed that person?
  • Options
    karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumbobones wrote: »

Yeah. And then he changed the name of his programme, so it was a little bit different.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were not normally 'cruel' in the way that can happen now with some programmes.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I remember a hilarious ITV one where Beadle had set up hidden cameras and quite falsely accused a woman of stealing from her employer. He turned up posing as a policeman and the poor woman burst into tears. I never watched anything Beadle appeared in after that I thought he was such a nasty person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was this old chap who had his car taken away and he was pissed big time. Even after Beadle unmasked he seemed like someone was going to get there ass kicked.

He should have taken a chill pill.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was this old chap who had his car taken away and he was pissed big time. Even after Beadle unmasked he seemed like someone was going to get there ass kicked.

He should have taken a chill pill.

Was that when he had a replica of his car pushed in a canal or something
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

Nope. I know the one you mean but it wasent him. This guy just went OTT and started shoving people about and looked like he was going to deck someone. Think beadle was either a traffic warden on playing someone from the council boss.
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both men are complete and utter scumbags.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was it Noel, -personally him?

Or was it a stunt on the show that the people setting it up got it wrong?
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always thought that Beadle Alien thing was absolutely pathetic.
    How can anyone be SO stupid as to think an OBVIOUSLY plastic model was a real alien ?? FFS !
    I watched it when it went out and was astounded at the stupidity of that woman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There should be an amnesty in place for any and all violence committed against the hosts/perpetrators of hidden camera prank shows, and it should have started with Beadle and Edmonds. I would certainly be game for a laugh whilst watching those two or their TV descendants getting a good, old fashioned, teeth-spitting kicking.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did he really? Wow, they hushed up that one, I thought it was a stunt that went tragically wrong, didn't realise Noel shot him.
    ffa1 wrote: »

You met them both then?
    Yeah. And then he changed the name of his programme, so it was a little bit different.

Except it was a completely different show.
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ffa1 wrote: »

I will agree Noel is utterly vile, something about him gives me the creeps but Beadle was alright,. He had a hard life battling one illness after another (Poland Syndrome, Cancer of the Kidney, Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia and Pneumonia) but he was also a very intelligent man. And lets not forget he did raise over 100 million for charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought that Beadle Alien thing was absolutely pathetic.
    How can anyone be SO stupid as to think an OBVIOUSLY plastic model was a real alien ?? FFS !
    I watched it when it went out and was astounded at the stupidity of that woman.
    It's surprising how gullible people can be if prepared properly.

There was a good programme about Jeremy Beadle after his death, despite what some think they did take care to avoid upsetting people and few (if any) objected afterwards.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Just remember, If it appeared on TV then they would have signed a release to allow it....So as angry as they were/As cruel as the stunts were the people were ok with it afterwards
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Just remember, If it appeared on TV then they would have signed a release to allow it....So as angry as they were/As cruel as the stunts were the people were ok with it afterwards

Jeremy Beadle did not pick on random people (as far as I can remember), his 'victims' had been put forward by relative or friends who would have a good idea how they would react and I would not be surprised if the programme checked with others about how they would react.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    I will agree Noel is utterly vile, something about him gives me the creeps but Beadle was alright,. He had a hard life battling one illness after another (Poland Syndrome, Cancer of the Kidney, Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia and Pneumonia) but he was also a very intelligent man. And lets not forget he did raise over 100 million for charity.

He gives me the creeps too.
    He looked okay in his Swap Shop days, but these days he just looks weird.
    Perhaps it's the beard ?
    I can't stand Deal Or No Deal, especially the ones where they all dress up.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Was it Noel, -personally him?
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Did he really? Wow, they hushed up that one, I thought it was a stunt that went tragically wrong, didn't realise Noel shot him.
    LOL.........i'm guessing your remarks were all made 'tongue in cheek' otherwise Noel Edmonds is an ex-murderer?!! :o:o

From what i remember the youth died as the result of heart failure and already had a heart condition. It was the show Edmonds fronted with Mike Smith and the stunt finished the show off.

It was long before 'elf 'n safety and the PC lot moved in and took things to the other extreme.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    http://youtu.be/EGtdsXhXiEM

Obvious link but still funny.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I always think of this (precursor to Noel Edmonds and Beadle):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3_YlSWNRho
    :D
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    LOL.........i'm guessing your remarks were all made 'tongue in cheek' otherwise Noel Edmonds is an ex-murderer?!! :o:o

From what i remember the youth died as the result of heart failure and already had a heart condition. It was the show Edmonds fronted with Mike Smith and the stunt finished the show off.

It was long before 'elf 'n safety and the PC lot moved in and took things to the other extreme.

You probably want to Wiki the Bungee jump accident appears there were HnS failures.
    Not sure what PC has got do with stunts and HnS.
    Then again it's alright been dismissive of HnS when it's not you who's liable to end up getting hurt.
    As far as TV/Film is concerned generally it's insurance and damaging the 'talent' they're worried about, Helen Skelton seemed to do the odd stunt for Blue Peter.
    Old Danny Baker show stunt, featuring one of his co-presenters, I just remembered.

This all a bit OT, people signed the release forms so the footage could be aired, at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Could you people please tell us what the links are if you're posting them, hate random links, rarely if, ever click on them.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

It was a van in fact. I always thought that "prank" was extremely cruel. The guy was watching his van (and presumably his livelihood) being dumped into a river and sinking under the water. With friends like that (the people who set it up), who needs enemies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could you people please tell us what the links are if you're posting them, hate random links, rarely if, ever click on them.

Its clips from Beadles about and Noel Edmonds Gotcha :confused: