Orange Is The New Black - Season Two Discussion

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.

Just because Netflix releases each season all in one go does not mean it takes less time to make each season.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spanner82 wrote: »
    Do you think with them already filming season 3, that they may make/release 2 seasons a year?

No

Season 2 wrapped in Feb and the show was given an early renewal which is why season 3 is already being filmed. Season 2 took eight months to film, so i assume Season 3 will take the same.
  • wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my favourite new show so far. Took me 8 days to watch 2 series of Netflix!! It's fantastic!!!
  • Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No

Season 2 wrapped in Feb and the show was given an early renewal which is why season 3 is already being filmed. Season 2 took eight months to film, so i assume Season 3 will take the same.

ahh didnt realise it took that long to film. My bad
  • Zorah88Zorah88 Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    Wow 8 months is a long time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zorah88 wrote: »
    Wow 8 months is a long time

It is but they are not under pressure or on a tight schedule like most shows are who air episodes on a weekly basis, so likely take their time
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred it when Tastey and Poussey were friends rather than the romantic angle it is going down now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred it when Tastey and Poussey were friends rather than the romantic angle it is going down now.

I don't see it as a romantic. It's just a crush, that won't ever go beyond that.
    Forum Member
    I don't see it as a romantic. It's just a crush, that won't ever go beyond that.

They will always stay friends
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am hearing so much about this show, but don't like netflix, will discover it somehow
  • LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a latecomer to this series and in less than a week, I have watched up to episode 11 (so far) season 2. Love, love, love it!
  • LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »
    I'm a latecomer to this series and in less than a week, I have watched up to episode 11 (so far) season 2. Love, love, love it!

Finished it. Loved the ending! ;-):cool::o:D
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was for Janae Watson (the athlete). I can't picture Uzo playing that role, but that's mostly because she inhabits Suzanne so completely. There's a very hilarious little 'Funny Or Die' video out there where Uzo faux-auditions for all the OITNB roles - Piper, Alex, Red, Poussey, Pennsatucky etc. Very funny, but does show some of her versatility!

It's here:
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5ac625a1a2/leaked-uzo-aduba-s-oitnb-audition-season-1
  • Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha thats great
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Taylor Schilling was not doing season 2, I hope this wasn't true. I don't think I could watch it without her.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard Taylor Schilling was not doing season 2, I hope this wasn't true. I don't think I could watch it without her.

:confused:
    Taylor Schilling has been in every episode of Season 2. It's already available on Netflix.

She's also started filming Season 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Talking of season3, Alex will be in EVERY episode!!
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    :confused:
    Taylor Schilling has been in every episode of Season 2. It's already available on Netflix.

She's also started filming Season 3.

Ah cool thanks, I assumed Season 2 was new and not even complete turns out it just wasn't showed for ages :)
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I am hearing so much about this show, but don't like netflix, will discover it somehow

Out of interest, how can anyone not like Netflix?
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    NPW wrote: »
    Talking of season3, Alex will be in EVERY episode!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M :D Yaaaay!

Great news, Alex is awesome. I never actually heard why she was only a guest star in 3 episodes of Season 2, was she filming something else at the same time?
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »

Great news, Alex is awesome. I never actually heard why she was only a guest star in 3 episodes of Season 2, was she filming something else at the same time?

Although I am happy that Alex is going to be in every episode, I hope that season 3 is not dominated by the whole Piper and Alex relationship.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »

From showbiz site:-
    The reason for Prepon's decreased prominence in Season 2 was not due to the actress wanting to leave the show. She said that her dropping down to guest-starring status was due to scheduling conflicts with another project.
    Forum Member
    I am really missing oitnb 😭
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    wizardt wrote: »
    It's my favourite new show so far. Took me 8 days to watch 2 series of Netflix!! It's fantastic!!!
    Libitina wrote: »

I reinstated my Netflix account just to be able to watch this, I finished the whole 2 seasons in 3 days, just back to back one after the other, only other show I've ever done that with was the first 2 seasons of Dexter.

I'm gutted it that there's no season 3 yet, will that be a straight to Netflix release too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I'm gutted it that there's no season 3 yet, will that be a straight to Netflix release too?

Netflix make it so, it will always be straight to Netflix full season dump.
This discussion has been closed.