The Tennis Thread (Part 27)

Comments

• JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Break back :o That was mostly of Dimitrov's own making though.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dimitrov hasn't done anything that outrageous though. He's just playing his game.

Yeah it's not too different from what he's shown all grass-court season. Including slight walkabouts.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how anyone could be an objective 'fan' of Murray's style of tennis. It's grim. I guess I can appreciate people wanting him to win from a 'British winner' perspective but surely not because of how he plays.

Being able to sustain a high endurance game grinding out several long rallies mainly from the back of the court for 4 or 5 hours (even 6+ hours) if necessary is what it takes to win grand slam titles these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It certainly wasn't "breathtaking," to quote Petch. He was just waiting for Dimitrov to make the error. He needs to be more proactive.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim, why was that the most important point of the match? Nauseating commentary setting in.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Who's the young guy in the suit sat next to Roger Rasheed? In my imagination it's Dimitrov's boyfriend as they'd make a really cute couple.
    Forum Member
    JB92 wrote: »
    It certainly wasn't "breathtaking," to quote Petch. He was just waiting for Dimitrov to make the error. He needs to be more proactive.

Petchey is ludicrous. I've no idea why he's so popular. He only opens his mouth when Murray wins a point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's the young guy in the suit sat next to Roger Rasheed? In my imagination it's Dimitrov's boyfriend as they'd make a really cute couple.

:D:DI'm loving your commentary today
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It's one of his agents.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth did he just push that return back?!
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be awesome if Sharapova was just a beard?
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually so embarrassing for the WTA that Bouchard, who stinks, is through to her 3rd successive semi-final.

Halep is just ruthless tbh. Still can't believe she bagelled it. :D Wimbledon champion I think.

I'm rooting for Dimitrov this match, anything to stop Andrew Castle creaming his pants over murray.

Plus I need more Grigor on my screen, Sharapova has flawless taste.
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilic has the break in the second set. 3-1.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I know he's British etc. but this crowd are getting on my nerves.

It's a tough call but I think the ones who sit side-by-side with letters that spell things like "Muzza" are the most desperate.
    Forum Member
    It's one of his agents.

In my imagination 'agent' is a euphemism for something else entirely so I'm happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually so embarrassing for the WTA that Bouchard, who stinks, is through to her 3rd successive semi-final.

Halep is just ruthless tbh. Still can't believe she bagelled it. :D Wimbledon champion I think.

I'm rooting for Dimitrov this match, anything to stop Andrew Castle creaming his pants over murray.

I think Dimitrov is more his thing.
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was Sharapova's beard.
    Forum Member

Well I've had my doubts about all of that for some time :D
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he's British etc. but this crowd are getting on my nerves.

Wimbledon may be the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world but it's also stuck in a time warp. The linesmen look like they've stepped out of a 1950s golf club, the women look like old matrons.
    Forum Member
    smude wrote: »
    I thought he was Sharapova's beard.

I think they beard for each other, tbh.
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol, Dimitrov for me too. Murray such a humourless,miserable git. Castle is not the only one, Sue Barker has an orgasm every time she says his name:)
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of his agents.

Could be both of course :)
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on Grigor, you don't want the Rasheed death stare.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grigor has nothing in his game to hurt Andy. Andy should be bossing this match easily.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not a big fan of Genie, but that's a pretty ludicrous statement, the girl has all the shots, intelligent play, power when needed, and is a fighter.

Without stating the obvious too much this set is so vital in the match and championship.

Oh gawd keep looking in the box rather than the nose-breathing Brit fans.
This discussion has been closed.