The Tennis Thread (Part 27)

Comments

• Options
    Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    That is that!

Not going to be able watch anymore of this sadly, just can't bear Murray crumbling like this.

Murray is still a great champion and while it's a great shame, I'll never ever forget the memories of 12 months ago

Credit to Dimitrov if he does see it out, which the way he's playing looks a certainty

Thought you were going to analyse Dimitrov's inevitable defeat?
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    Remember guys, Murray was in this same situation in the QF last year. No reason why he can't recover again

Dimitrov is a much better grass court player than Verdasco though.
  • Options
    alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well he did come back from 2 sets down in the quarter finals last year maybe he'll do the same this year.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If, and I still think it's a big if, Grigor wins how will it put him in the affection of Brit fans tabloids, Beeb. I mean he's got the game, charisma, girl looks to be loved. Yet defeating Murray may not endear him to the fickle idjits.
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Nathers7 wrote: »
    Thought you were going to analyse Dimitrov's inevitable defeat?

That was a tongue in cheek comment earlier in the week

Anyhow I'm gonna get a lot of abuse no doubt and not near in the right frame of mind to take it, and the trolls will be arriving in later so best bow out of here too.
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did my eyes deceive me?! Was he actually aggressive? :o
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Murray's British citizenship is going to be revoked. Guess he's Scottish again...
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hence the nickname 'baby Fed'... ;-)

So Federer has been cloned lol!
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Meanwhile Cilic has taken the 2nd set.

Imagine of Andy and Novak both lost :O
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellieb123 wrote: »
    Dimitrov is a much better grass court player than Verdasco though.

My thoughts too. Coming back from two sets this time will be extremely difficult.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    But he was a much better player.

It's the acid test as much for Dimitrov as it is for Murray.

It's these unexpected situations that show exactly what you're made of. Both players actually. If Murray makes a successful comeback it would be a highly significant win even more so than against Verdasco last year. He would prove he's right up to the challenge of making a successful defence of his Wimbledon title.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    So Federer has been cloned lol!

Yep, he's got Federer's game but he's way hotter. What more could you want? :p
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet defeating Murray may not endear him to the fickle idjits.

Not so bad now that he's actually won Wimbledon. But if Murray does lose we can say it's a bloody good job he won last year because it ain't gonna get any easier from now on.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a stressful business being a Sabine fan. :p I'm just glad she made the quarters after a terrible year, she's not playing badly so its just nice to see her in the quarters again whatever happens.

It sure is :)

Still no excuse today . I mean to lose the second set 6-0 is inexcusable . I still think she's a far better player then Halep, same as last year when she was far better player then Bartoli .

What lets her down is her mental capabilities, same as with most female players .
    I just don't think you can coach mental toughness .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts too. Coming back from two sets this time will be extremely difficult.

If Murray wins this next set he must be most strongly fancied to win the 2 sets after that as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    That was a tongue in cheek comment earlier in the week

Anyhow I'm gonna get a lot of abuse no doubt and not near in the right frame of mind to take it, and the trolls will be arriving in later so best bow out of here too.

oh, I was just going to echo your Sharapovas gone delighted, and replace it with Murray, Can't be trolling can it?

Anyway not happened yet.
  • Options
    Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great point from both.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »

Still no excuse today . I mean to lose the second set 6-0 is inexcusable . I still think she's a far better player then Halep, same as last year when she was far better player then Bartoli .

What lets her down is her mental capabilities, same as with most female players .

Ridiculous, Simona is just a dozen times better than Sabine as she proves 52-weeks of the year, not in two.

As for mental toughness, yeah the likes of Fognini, Monfils, Gasquet, Paire really do make you realise mens mentality are different. Sexist nonsense.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing effort deserves to go out.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Curly Kate. :mad:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barker is sounding very crestfallen.
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »

What?! She only plays well at Wimbledon. Quite rightly her ranking will drop out of the top 30 after this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But if Dimitrov loses from here one would have to ask how long will it take Dimitrov to recover from it.
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointing effort deserves to go out.
    I am sure he is trying his best. Not on his game today nor has he been all season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barker is sounding very crestfallen.

think of the ratings, will no-one think of the ratings:D
This discussion has been closed.