Options

This Morning Stand In Host

stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
Forum Member
✭✭
According to the The Mirror this morning Amanda Holden has beat Christine Bleakley and Emma Willis to co host this morning while Holly is on maternity leave.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/amanda-holden-beats-christine-bleakley-3841328

Comments

• Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I don't like it when it's the last in the series as we get Pip and Holly on a Friday! I bet it's going too be all about Holly today aswell as it could be her last day for well over a year. Looking forward too seeing what Amanda will be like in September, got to be better than Christina Bleakley any day!
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    I don't like it when it's the last in the series as we get Pip and Holly on a Friday! I bet it's going too be all about Holly today aswell as it could be her last day for well over a year. Looking forward too seeing what Amanda will be like in September, got to be better than Christina Bleakley any day!

Yes but the good news is we get seven weeks of Eamonn and Ruth on Monday - Thursday and Rochelle and Marvin on Fridays!
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member

Will Amanda do her public duty and name the well known comedian who sexually assaulted her or least report the matter to the police.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    burbe wrote: »
    Yes but the good news is we get seven weeks of Eamonn and Ruth on Monday - Thursday and Rochelle and Marvin on Fridays!
    Yes, This Morning Summer is much better than This Morning! Ruth & Eamonn are brilliant and even Rochelle & Marvin are good together on Friday's ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Will Amanda do her public duty and name the well known comedian who sexually assaulted her or least report the matter to the police.

I'm surprised that she hasn't jumped on the bandwagon and said it was Rolf Harris yet!
  • Options
    jb76jb76 Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    according to another article in the mirror a few weeks ago it said Holly was only taking 6 weeks maternity. I would imagine she will stay off until January though.

Good choice having Amanda, I do like Emma Willis though.
  • Options
    jb76jb76 Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    according to another article in the mirror a few weeks ago it said Holly was only taking 6 weeks maternity. I would imagine she will stay off until January though.

Good choice having Amanda, I do like Emma Willis though.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's all about Holly everyday, she makes sure of it!

As irritating as Holden is at least she's not one of those simpering, saccharine pwincess types like Holly. She's got quite a cutting sense of humour which I quite like too :blush:
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda should be good she's done it before with Les Dennis filling in for Richard and Judy.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be watching. I just don't like Amanda. I perfer Christine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    I won't be watching. I just don't like Amanda. I perfer Christine.

So does Pip but Christine is bland and just nods along, that's probably why Phil wanted her!
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing when Frank Lampard, moves abroad so will Christine
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    The official PR states its 12 months from September.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is alot more intelligent and better educated than Amanda Holden and knows the right questions to ask. Amanda Holden comes across as completely fake to me even her laugh.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil said today that it would be Amanda and Christine sharing stand in duties.
    Holly said she might be back for a short time in September, or may not, she can't say for sure at the moment.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burbe wrote: »

I don't like Rochelle. I think she's probably quite nice but her voice just goes right through me. Marvin is as bland as they come, but competent enough as a presenter.

Anyone is better than Holly, but I would have preferred Christine to do it all as she's so lovely. Amanda will be interesting and her selection will get more coverage.

Phillip should've taken a year off as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I don't like Rochelle. I think she's probably quite nice but her voice just goes right through me. Marvin is as bland as they come, but competent enough as a presenter.

Anyone is better than Holly, but I would have preferred Christine to do it all as she's so lovely. Amanda will be interesting and her selection will get more coverage.

Agreed
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »

He won't his is Mr ITV after all
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    He won't his is Mr ITV after all

He's probably worried he'd be found out and they'd find someone much better at the job.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god Pip and Amanda Holden everyday :o oh well that's this morning completely unwatchable Monday to Thursdays
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't Ruth ever get mentioned when ITV are discussing Standins, She's been involved with This Morning for years.

But saying tbat she works better with Eamomn

If Pip took a year off, I wonder who would stand in, Eamomn eould make sense, but he his Sunrise show
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing when Frank Lampard, moves abroad so will Christine

It's been reported that Lampard will be moving to New York in September to play there
  • Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Amanda Holden. Id rather have had Emma, but not Bleakly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Emma's other gigs stopping her from being a stand in host for ITV

She hosts tbe Voice which is basically BBC version of X Factor.

And big brother, imagine at the moment Pip saying to her what did you do the weekend, ooh I presented Big Brother
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    It's been reported that Lampard will be moving to New York in September to play there

The Sunday People says Bleakley will take over from Holden in January once BGT starts again.