Options

Tulisa - X Factor worst career move?

THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was the X Factor the worst career move Tulisa made?

I don't think we would have ever seen that clip of her swallowing:p and slurping on that small willy. The guy only leaked it cause of her X Factor profile......

Where would she be now if she never joined the X Factor:confused:

Comments

• Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was a bad move. Apart from the money and increased media profile, she didn't really get anything out of it. Her solo album flopped and I don't think the Sun would have targeted her for the drugs sting unless she was an X-Factor judge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her first year was def the better of the two years she did.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It's a difficult one.

Being an X Factor judge takes you to a totally different level, in terms of exposure. Would Tulisa have had a #1 single & been voted FHM's Sexiest Woman without X Factor? I doubt it, but then at the same time, she wouldn't have been such a target and got so much negative press and backlash. I guess it depends how you look at it.
  • Options
    Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I think it was a bad move. Apart from the money and increased media profile, she didn't really get anything out of it. Her solo album flopped and I don't think the Sun would have targeted her for the drugs sting unless she was an X-Factor judge.

Tulisa has not been found guilty or not guilty yet and right now i do not believe her side of the story saying she been set up, The jury will have the final say
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. For someone of Tulisa's status to get offered The X Factor job, they'd be a fool not to take it. She wasn't hugely successful, and her overall media profile was nothing to scream about. From doing X Factor, her career exploded. She had her #1 debut single, earned a huge salary and would have no doubt picked up numerous fees from different TV appearances and photo shoots.

The X Factor made her. She broke herself; it technically had nothing to do with X Factor. The tape wasn't really a big issue, Simon wasn't bothered by it and I doubt the public genuinely looked down at her for it either. The reason why it all fell apart for her is that in her second series, she became awfully complacent. She had won her first serious, just received her #1 and she began to believe the hype - She thought she was huge.

Series 9, she was like a different woman. She really looked like she didn't want to be there, almost as if she was better than judging the show, and that made for uncomfortable viewing. Coupling her poor performance as a judge with her more recent drug scandal, that's why it all went wrong. There was no way she could ever recover from the drug scandal, no way. She'll never be on X Factor again, and she's probably been blacklisted by Cowell related institutions, which is bound to cause further issues with her 'music career' that'll never be.

The drug scandal, again, was her own mistake, not X Factor's - She shouldn't have done it. Simple. If Tulisa had just taken her career more seriously in terms of doing the right thing and behaving in the appropriate manner, she'd still be on the show and would be earning even more money. I remember an article showing the house and car she brought. She really had everything. The big house, the flash car, the 6 figure salary, highest profile job on TV, huge media status... And she blew it all away. Stupid girl.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really like Tulisa and don't get why people are constantly putting her down. But, to answer the question, I think X-Factor was the best career move but she made some bad decisions and a bad album and sort of set herself up to fail.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    No. For someone of Tulisa's status to get offered The X Factor job, they'd be a fool not to take it. She wasn't hugely successful, and her overall media profile was nothing to scream about. From doing X Factor, her career exploded. She had her #1 debut single, earned a huge salary and would have no doubt picked up numerous fees from different TV appearances and photo shoots.

The X Factor made her. She broke herself; it technically had nothing to do with X Factor. The tape wasn't really a big issue, Simon wasn't bothered by it and I doubt the public genuinely looked down at her for it either. The reason why it all fell apart for her is that in her second series, she became awfully complacent. She had won her first serious, just received her #1 and she began to believe the hype - She thought she was huge.

Series 9, she was like a different woman. She really looked like she didn't want to be there, almost as if she was better than judging the show, and that made for uncomfortable viewing. Coupling her poor performance as a judge with her more recent drug scandal, that's why it all went wrong. There was no way she could ever recover from the drug scandal, no way. She'll never be on X Factor again, and she's probably been blacklisted by Cowell related institutions, which is bound to cause further issues with her 'music career' that'll never be.

The drug scandal, again, was her own mistake, not X Factor's - She shouldn't have done it. Simple. If Tulisa had just taken her career more seriously in terms of doing the right thing and behaving in the appropriate manner, she'd still be on the show and would be earning even more money. I remember an article showing the house and car she brought. She really had everything. The big house, the flash car, the 6 figure salary, highest profile job on TV, huge media status... And she blew it all away. Stupid girl.

Absolutely agree. She was given one of the best career opportunities ever and she blew it. I'd argue she's more talented than Ms Cole but the big difference between them is the way they grabbed the chance (or not) they were given.
    Ms Cole embraced her new fame and played the game very well, Tulisa made a brilliant start but then royally cocked it up
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not her worst career move, but she certainly didn't gain anything from it.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    If she hadn't done X Factor then she would probably be in the same situation as Dappy and due to appear on the next series of Celebrity Big Brother/I'm A Celeb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    No, it was a great career move. It's a shame Cowell didn't keep her on.
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the drugs business was her worst career move.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa is history, thank God. I've never, ever liked her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Sucking someone's winky whilst being recorded.
  • Options
    CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Maybe, but X factors worst career move was axing her! Simon could get Michael Jackson on the panel it would make no difference. NO TULISA = NO RATINGS!
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    How many people knew her before X Factor and how many did afterwards?

Her first year went very well, she was popular. She should have quit after that. What happened next, with the drug stuff, probably wouldn't have been exposed by The Scum if she hadn't been made so well known by the show. But that was her own stupid fault.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Calpowell wrote: »
    Maybe, but X factors worst career move was axing her! Simon could get Michael Jackson on the panel it would make no difference. NO TULISA = NO RATINGS!

Didn't ratings fall both years she was on?
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her worst career move was the movie she starred in. The one where she was on her knees. If you're going to star in a movie like that, then at least make sure you're good at what you're doing...she wasn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Calpowell wrote: »

Everything went wrong in the ratings when she JOINED the show. A bit delusional tbh
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Sucking someone's winky whilst being recorded.

Yes but judging from what I saw of this "movie" she was good at something...........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was the wrong move . If she didn't join she would have been still known as the z-grade celebrity instead of now as the famous z- grade celebrity that does drugs and slaps **cks on her face.

I never warmed up to her as she seemed so cocky and irrelivent.

On a positive note I did like that song she sang. I don't know the name but she sings, " it don't have to be like that". It's quite catchy :)
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Yes but judging from what I saw of this "movie" she was good at something...........

Think you must have watched the wrong movie. She was absolutely awful!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I personally don't even class Tulisa as part of the X Factor history to be honest. Yeah she was a judge for two years and won with Little Mix but honestly, in my opinion, the excitement of X Factor died after 2010.

Having her on the panel was such a let down after the amazing series before and sadly she'll be more remembered for her court appearances and home movies than her mentoring skills.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still find it odd the producers thought of tulisa.....must of been a time where other female stars said no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Still find it odd the producers thought of tulisa.....must of been a time where other female stars said no.

It can't be that much of a shock. Tulisa was in a popular band, she's pretty and added something new.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Think you must have watched the wrong movie. She was absolutely awful!!

Perhaps you're right - she would never make a good coal miner - though she liked going down she didn't pay enough attention to the shaft