Actors replaced
  • Charlie Jones - Ben Mitchell
  • Melissa Suffield - Lucy Beale

Characters that have already left this year
  • Bradley Branning
  • Amira Masood
  • Manda Best
  • Dotty Cotton

EE is going to feel a bit odd later in the year with so many established characters leaving.

Although the characters of Ben Mitchell and Lucy Beale are being recast they will feel like new characers for a while.

I cannot understand why Lauren Branning and Zsa Zsa Carter are being written out - especially as the Brannings are still prominant in EE and Zsa Zsa being a relatively new character with family ties in Albert Square.

I wonder if any of the characters on the list will be spared the axe (as in the same way Vicky Entwhistle was brought back a few months after her character Janice Battersby was axed in Corrie) I think this could be likely of Charlie Slater as his screen daughter kat is returning and Zoe is rumoured to be coming back and it is a matter of time before Little Mo is brought back.

Comments

• RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Lucas is leaving this year at some point.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »

I would have thought so but nothing has been confirmed yet!

Also how come Darren Miller is axe proof? What exactly has his character done for EE over the last year or so apart from father Heathers baby.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Soap Movers list there for a reason :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    The Soap Movers list there for a reason :p

Haven't seen that before must be blind :D, however here we can discuss.
  • Lola02Lola02 Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because it was not announced today does not mean that Lauren is not been recast ..Madeline has not been filming since May so they could have a new actress got but they have not annouced it yet .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Ryan was axed as well :confused:
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »

Also how come Darren Miller is axe proof? What exactly has his character done for EE over the last year or so apart from father Heathers baby.
    I think most people know not to get me started on that one... :o
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Does no-one seem to get that the reason Zsa Zsa is being written out is because the actor has requested this?:confused:
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    Thought Ryan was axed as well :confused:

Poor topic title... he's going nowhere.
    ads84 wrote: »
    Does no-one seem to get that the reason Zsa Zsa is being written out is because the actor has requested this?:confused:

She's still leaving is she not?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shame as she was the only teen cast member out of the E20 lot that I actually liked.

Phatbwoi needs to be axed - you get me bruv! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    She's still leaving is she not?

That she is, but the OP wrote:
    I cannot understand why Lauren Branning and Zsa Zsa Carter are being written out

hence my comment about her leaving of her own free will. I think Kirkwood would have been all to willing to have kept her had she wanted to stay.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She asked to be sacked:confused:... She quit then!
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    She asked to be sacked:confused:... She quit then!

Correct...
    Requesting to be written out is not the same as requesting the sack. It's semantics.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct...
    Requesting to be written out is not the same as requesting the sack. It's semantics.:rolleyes:

LOL I like you your funny - some of your other posts especially one about Robbie Williams in the celebrity football match made me crack up with laughter.
    Forum Member
    LOL I like you your funny - some of your other posts especially one about Robbie Williams in the celebrity football match made me crack up with laughter.

Shucks...why thank you :o:o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »

Yeh - It's odd, but quite intriguing that we don't know what's happening with him.

I hope he stays in for a while - He's electrifying to watch. Everytime anyone talks to him I think they're going to be his next victim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Why are they replacing Ben....:confused:...harsh...:eek:....Don't tell he's been boozing it up and taking XRated pics of himself too....:eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It`s a pity that Janine isn`t being axed. She`s just a pointless waste of space. Ryan could do so much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member

He has a 'character'?

Is Albert Square the only place in Britain where teenagers become entrepreneurs overnight?

And how the Hell did he do it with Hevver? I am partial to a bit of BBW myself, but she is just so unattractive in every possible way. Even Pat Evan/Butcher/Wickes/something else was kinda OK in her younger days. You could imagine having a very drunken one night stand with Fat Pat, but not with Hevver...:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing with the list though is that when you look at it I group them in four groups...

1. Characters in the show now for one storyline only and when it ends, they will naturally leave (and not be missed since their interaction with other s/ls is nil) : Danny & Liz.

2.Characters that people will 'miss' but only miss as in notice they are gone... Jean Charlie Minty Chelsea Libby and Lauren ...none of those really have had or (for some of them) even been involved in a major storyline for a long while or major interaction with others on the square. I accept obviously that may change for Libby I guess she and also Chelsea will feature heavily in the Lucas s/l so they fall into kind of my categories somewhere in between 1 and 2 !

3. Then there are three others who no-one could argue are anything other than inconsequential (whether you like them or not) Leon, Zsa Zsa and Adam...They wouldn't even really need an exit storyline since they have no ties to the square.

4. Major characters leaving therefore for me only leaves Peggy and Stacey whose leaving will have a big impact on the show.

I see what you mean saying it will be a bit odd because for everyone they will miss different characters.. like personally I'm sorry Zsa Zsa is leaving as i thought she would be great in the show, I also like Chelsea for her ditziness, etc, but in reality there won't be that much impact from the mass axings I don't think.
  • barkowskibarkowski Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    He has a 'character'?

Is Albert Square the only place in Britain where teenagers become entrepreneurs overnight?

And how the Hell did he do it with Hevver? I am partial to a bit of BBW myself, but she is just so unattractive in every possible way. Even Pat Evan/Butcher/Wickes/something else was kinda OK in her younger days. You could imagine having a very drunken one night stand with Fat Pat, but not with Hevver...:eek:

I've always wondered what the point of Darren was - we're still waiting for his voice to break, but there he is flogging cars on Albert Square with all the other "entrepreneurs" - Becca, Fatboy etc. But anything relating to "business" on EE always seem to take place in some mystical world free of VAT, HMRC etc, where people like Max can flog dodgy insurances without any comeback.

As for Hevver, I can only think Darren drank a pint of absinthe and used a large sack....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gives them an opportunity to bring in new families, which will keep the show fresh.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as these "new families" don't just consist of implausibly young members, I'm happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with most of the characters leaving. I'll be sad to see Stacey & Peggy leave but that was their decision so there's not much can be said abou that.

I'm also really gutted about Charlie being axed. I know he hasn't actually had a storyline or done anything for years but I feel instead of just axing him they could do something with him. He's already proved over the years especially back in the "Slater era" he can act well when given the right material. However, it seems he was always part of a storyline for one of "his girls" so when they all left it's like they didn't know what else to do with him. I think they could have involved him and Mo slightly more in Stacey's bipolar. Plus with Kat coming back it seems like an odd time for him to go unless of course as suspected her return ties in with his exit. Although again to me this doesn't make much sense as either all the slater girls would need to return for a funeral or none of them.

The reason I'm so gutted about his exit is because when he leaves the Slater name will be another one which doesn't exist on the square after ten years of fantastic stories. Also I always found his and Mo's relationshop really sweet it's a shame they will go their seperate ways after so long.

Rant over :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    I'm really sorry Fatboy is staying - don't like the actor or the character and was hoping he was short-term. I don't much like Leon either but would have preferred him to stay if one of them has to.