CS: Nick's Jealousy

13»

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I don't really see that she did a lot of struggling in 'trying to move on'. She managed it very easily, emotionally she'd moved on even before he dumped her. Jane Danson said in interviews back in January that Leanne no longer had any romantic, sexual or wifely feelings towards Nick. She'd fallen out of love with him and was staying solely as a carer so was very relieved to be 'set free' by Nick ending it. Of course to my mind, she wasn't really in love with him in the first place so I give her credit for staying with him as long as she did.

That said, I can not emphasis enough that I do not condone violence and nobody is ever asking for it. But that xmas episode (which was one slap not even aimed at her by the way, not a beating) I really felt for Nick. I could feel the noise, situation, joviality pressing in on him and he did ask for quiet and Leanne kept going on reading out the joke. When she knows her husband has brain damage and has only been out of a coma for a couple of months. A true carer (and wife) would have been more attuned to how he was dealing with such a high pressured environment and been calming everybody else down, not just carrying on reading cracker jokes when their husband is in obvious distress and actually asking them to stop.

My Gran had dementia from when I was 8 to 12 and often acted unreasonably and violently so maybe I'm just more sympathetic to these situations than others and truly think that the 'in sickness and in health' part of the marriage vows should last longer than a few months. I know soap time moves differently to ours but still. Living apart short term to protect Leanne and more importantly Simon is one thing, ending the marriage forever and ++++ing your sick husband's best friend is quite another and frankly I don't care if it is a week, month or a year.
  • MatthewroxMatthewrox Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I found it tedious when he said that stuff in front of Leanne, Kal and the others. He's definately done stuff himself which he shouldn't.