Options

Could do with some help with London

housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
Forum Member
Does anybody know this area please. What it is like.

Bethune Road
Park Royal
London

Comments

• Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rough.

I wouldn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rough.

I wouldn't.

Ok, do not want to live there, hubby brought a tv from down there over www, well cut a long story short the silly bum paid cash over Internet by bank transfer, yes I know but hubby has MS and dose not always think strait. It was a 3D he thought it would be nice for Christmas, I it never turn up today we both feel so sick tonight.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it a company you bought it from, OP? I just looked on street view and that road seems to be just warehouses and work type places.
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    housegirl wrote: »

Bethune Road
    Park Royal
    London

put in a postcode

http://www.crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode

although even the best postcode will show some crime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Was it a company you bought it from, OP? I just looked on street view and that road seems to be just warehouses and work type places.

Well hubby thought so, It was called Tvkingdon, the price was so good, he said God we have lost £549, I keep crying hubby will not eat he feels so bad, and that is not good for him. I just thought someone on here might live near who knows this place.
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The payment options (or lack of ) seem dodgy. Good luck with it OP, hope you get the TV or your money back.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thank you but have been ringing all day they just cut out, yesterday we tryed to get our tracing number, as they said they would email us it yesterday, it just rang and rang, we are to thick but hubbies Ilines do not lead him down the right road, yes I have shouted and now I just look and see him so sad.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get onto Citizens Advice, the Police and report them here.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evie71 wrote: »
    The payment options (or lack of ) seem dodgy. Good luck with it OP, hope you get the TV or your money back.:)

Police said we have no chance of either. I rang the local police tonight.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just been looking at that as well. And it was registered by an individual not a company. And talking of which, TV Kingdom Ltd does not appear in a search of registered companies with Companies House.

That with the lack of sensible payment options (no credit or debit card options) would make me run the proverbial mile in the opposite direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thank you for that, I knew the good people of DS would help
  • Options
    Forum Member
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Get onto Citizens Advice, the Police and report them here.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Thank you am saving all the stuff, do not know how far it will get me but I do NOT want any body to go through what we are going through tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Just been looking at that as well. And it was registered by an individual not a company. And talking of which, TV Kingdom Ltd does not appear in a search of registered companies with Companies House.

That with the lack of sensible payment options (no credit or debit card options) would make me run the proverbial mile in the opposite direction.

Yes and me but hubby have MS and some days dose not think strait, he did this thinking it would be a nice surprise for me. It made him so bad tonigh he gone to bed.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you am saving all the stuff, do not know how far it will get me but I do NOT want any body to go through what we are going through tonight

How did he hear about this company? Did it just come up in a google search or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    How did he hear about this company? Did it just come up in a google search or something?

Yes he said he was looking for good deals on 3D TVs, said the site looked ok, I said why why did you pay cash he said it was a good deal:( could I kill him yes, do I love him yes 41 years wed but as I say bloody MS. He would never nerves of done this 18 months back :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member

Bethune Road
    Park Royal
    London

It's a fake address.

Bethune Road is nowhere near Park Royal. Neither of them are anywhere near NW10, which is what their website gives as a post code. The fact their house number is listed as 1-4 is highly dubious, as most London house numbers go up in twos, so you don't get a mix of odd and even numbers.

I don't know where you are, but it's unbelievable that your local police are not interested. If you're outside London, have you tried contacting the MET? failing that, Trading Standards or your local MP. Make them aware this person (it's probably not a company, or if it is, they're illegally not providing a real business address) is still 'trading' every minute that nothing is being done.

If it was for Christmas, you could also try contacting BBC Watchdog. They may pick up on it as part of their general warnings against pop-up Christmas-time traders.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a fake address.

Bethune Road is nowhere near Park Royal. Neither of them are anywhere near NW10, which is what their website gives as a post code. The fact their house number is listed as 1-4 is highly dubious, as most London house numbers go up in twos, so you don't get a mix of odd and even numbers.

I don't know where you are, but it's unbelievable that your local police are not interested. If you're outside London, have you tried contacting the MET? failing that, Trading Standards or your local MP. Make them aware this person (it's probably not a company, or if it is, they're illegally not providing a real business address) is still 'trading' every minute that nothing is being done.

If it was for Christmas, you could also try contacting BBC Watchdog. They may pick up on it as part of their general warnings against pop-up Christmas-time traders.
    It is a real address, though I have my doubts it is this company's address (assuming the company even exists of course)

http://property.joneslanglasalle.co.uk/property-search/property-details.aspx?t=c&id=ks25099
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a fake address.

If it was for Christmas, you could also try contacting BBC Watchdoeg. They may pick up on it as part of their general warnings against pop-up Christmas-time traders.

We live in Warwickshire, I did think of watchdog but we have contacted the police who passed us to fraud police, it is just so upsetting because they said they would try but do not think anything could be done, I just wish I could find someone to talk to.
    Phew it is so hard at mo as hubby has gone to bed, before he went he said I'm so sorry before the MS he was so strong tomorrow is anothers day, going to have some toast as I have not eaten all day, I do thank all for your help, and not being nasty to us for being fools, good night all. Love DS people.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I so hope it's a genuine sale and it's sorted out asap. xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    OP, I so hope it's a genuine sale and it's sorted out asap. xxx

The money has gone francie, we have lost it, do I feel sick yes.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The money has gone francie, we have lost it, do I feel sick yes.

'm so sorry, just read through all the posts and it seems you've done everything you can :( I wish I could afford to give you the cash myself.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,595
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    'm so sorry, just read through all the posts and it seems you've done everything you can :( I wish I could afford to give you the cash myself.

I agree with this post totally
    OP I do hope you get your money back for it is horrible to think you and your other half have been robbed
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    So sorry to hear of your plight housegirl. The scum who do this never stop to think of how it affects their victims. I feel for your poor hubby especially since he is unwell. Try and get it across to him that loads of folk fall victim to these scams at least once (I'm sure that once bitten, twice shy he won't fall for a scam twice) and that you know he meant well. I hope he doesn't let it get him down too much and that he can chalk it up to experience.