"One For All" Remote Extender

Just cosidering buying a "One For All" wireless remote extender for my mother so that she can change channels on her PVR from the bedroom. There is a cable in place for the RF. Anyone used one of these please?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Just cosidering buying a "One For All" wireless remote extender for my mother so that she can change channels on her PVR from the bedroom. There is a cable in place for the RF. Anyone used one of these please?

I have used the OFA remote control extender to control my Sky, DVD, Video and PVR (Humax 8000T). In fact I have 3 transmitters so that these untis can be controlled from 3 different rooms in my house.

HOWEVER - I have just purchased the 9200T (like you) and am really dissapointed that the 9200 remote seems to be incompatable with the OFA extender. I emailed both companies and Humax have said they will talk to OFA next week but OFA have not replied.

If i can't get this to work then this is a major problem for my household.

I have posted on Barry's 9200 thread seeking some help or suggestions but so far no-one has replied.
  • Captain CodCaptain Cod Posts: 2,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanhaymes wrote:
    I have used the OFA remote control extender to control my Sky, DVD, Video and PVR (Humax 8000T). In fact I have 3 transmitters so that these untis can be controlled from 3 different rooms in my house.

HOWEVER - I have just purchased the 9200T (like you) and am really dissapointed that the 9200 remote seems to be incompatable with the OFA extender. I emailed both companies and Humax have said they will talk to OFA next week but OFA have not replied.

If i can't get this to work then this is a major problem for my household.

I have posted on Barry's 9200 thread seeking some help or suggestions but so far no-one has replied.

I wonder if this is all remote extenders / video senders or just one make? Yes, my mother also took advantage of QED's great deal. Nice box.
  • LivingForeverLivingForever Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    I had one of these which worked a treat...

Until the guy next door bought one too, and then we ended up with ridiculous 'battles', turning each other's Sky boxes over again and again!

Solution - a second Sky subscription at £10 a month.. :rolleyes: