Options

The Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray is...

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    This set does not only include the single disc edition of Toy Story 3...

Funny that. The set my friend has only includes a single disc edition of Toy Story 3.
    The extras from the Ulitmate Toy Box dvd's are all on the Blurays with more.
    I have the US dvd set which had more than the UK dvd but from my casual browse the UK Blu has it all too.

Cheers but I think I'll be waiting. I've been burnt too many times.
  • Options
    grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fat_bob wrote: »
    Funny that. The set my friend has only includes a single disc edition of Toy Story 3.

Cheers but I think I'll be waiting. I've been burnt too many times.

Your loss

There is no single disc edition of TS3 on Bluray.
    You either have all 3 films in the one box or you get TS3 on its own which also has a dvd included.

IN either case the bonus features of TS3 are included on the Blu and there are more than there is on the dvd.

Not sure why you would be expecting any more extras from the first 2 films when the bonus features included on the new Blurays is exactly the same as all the dvd releases for the last 10 years.

Compared to the first 2 films there are not as many extras for TS3 but what there is are more than enough anyway.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Strange. Mine has two discs, plus as mentioned by myself & other people in this thread, the trilogy box has *loads* of extras, including the ones from the DVDs plus new ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Strange. Mine has two discs, plus as mentioned by myself & other people in this thread, the trilogy box has *loads* of extras, including the ones from the DVDs plus new ones.

I thought it strange too especially with it being such a high profile release.

This is the sort of thing I'm holding out for - http://www.amazon.com/Story-Trilogy-10-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B003YUC2FE/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1291596402&sr=1-2 If I'm paying for the film yet again I want a good set.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is the sort of thing I'm holding out for - http://www.amazon.com/Story-Trilogy-10-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B003YUC2FE/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1291596402&sr=1-2 If I'm paying for the film yet again I want a good set.

Can you play American BluRay's on UK players ?
    I am thinking that you can't.
    Can you hack BluRay players like you can DVD players ?
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Blu-Ray discs are usually region free. :)
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, if you can play American BluRays in this country, what are you waiting for ? :D
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of people are unhappy at the packaging for that set, seeing as the DVDs and BluRays are not in cases and are free to get bumped around or scratched in that paper thin cardboard box of a case. Just somehting to look out for if you like showing your BluRay's off.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Still makes no sense to me that your friend had a single-disc version :confused:

[EDIT: Sure it's not the DVD box your friend has? I believe that's only got three discs]

The trilogy box on sale in the UK definitely *does* have 2 discs for TS3. Mine has, and all the others I've seen in the shops have (the back of the box has an image of each case, and the one for TS3 says "2 DISC BLU-RAY" at the top, just as the actual case does).

I've not seen a single-disc version BD on sale at all, actually. Just the 2 disc BD in the box set, plus two separate standalone versions: 2 disc BD + DVD, and 2 disc BD + DVD + Digital Copy.

The box looks a bit crap, IMO, plus there are no cases for the discs: just a foam with slots cut in it.

More discs than the normal trilogy box... but some of those are due to the DVD versions.

Extras... haven't fully compared the list, but it doesn't look longer than mine.
    Vashetti wrote: »

... depending on studio, etc.

A good resource to check:

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=355
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That set has nothing worth speaking of that the UK release does not.
    The reason there are 10 discs is because all the films come with a dvd copy and a digital copy too.
    So unless you are hard up for a digital copy or want the fancy packaging you are deluding yourself that the US release is better.

More than 70% of US Bluray discs are region free and there are several websites that have details of the titles that are locked.

Branded players like Pioneer , Sony etc are not remote hackable to enable multiregion Bluray .
    You can buy special remotes off ebay for about a tenner to make them MR for dvd but Bluray costs considerably more .

There are some very low budget cheap and cheerful players out there like the Curtis , Tevion , Limit etc and these Far Eastern imports are a bit tacky but they do offer remote hackability for both Bluray and dvd at a very cheap price.
    Vashetti wrote: »

Not really.
    Even though more than 70% are you can't say "usually".
    Most Disney blockbusters are locked .
    Sleeping Beauty , Pinocchio , Snow White etc are locked although Beauty and The Beast is not.

Unless you have multiregion Bluray playback its wise to check before buying.
  • Options
    IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    I thought that this thread was supposed to be about the quality of Toy Story 3 on Blu-ray? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggyman wrote: »
    I thought that this thread was supposed to be about the quality of Toy Story 3 on Blu-ray? ;)

One word sums that up and its been posted already so the thread was always either going to veer off to connected things about TS3 or just be one long list of different words meaning the same thing
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Interestingly I just read on IMDB that test audiences originally wanted Lotso to stop the conveyor belt and help the toys at the end. Lotso was a very dark and bitter villain, the first time I saw the film, I expected better from him :(