Tom Atkinson the best young actor ever on soap?

MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
Forum Member
I'd say so.

Comments

• Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Dunno about the best ever, but he certainly plays being a creepy, messed up teenager very well!
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the very same thing. I also think it would be fitting if he were to be the youngest ever winner of the best newcomer award, because right now he is the best actor in any of the soaps. He's handled this storyline brilliantly for such a young actor, surely this lad is destined for Hollywood in the future.

Sam strike is not a patch on this lad and left EE and has landed a big role, I don't see why this lad shouldn't follow suit.
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is that who plays Lachlan in Emmerdale?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    is that who plays Lachlan in Emmerdale?

Yeh it is.

He is brilliant!
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he's pretty good
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    He's quite impressive from what I've seen in the omnibuses. He could definitely give some adult soap actors a run for their money
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    He plays creepy so well. Excellent young actor
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, he's brilliant and very brave to do this storyline. Those eyes of his when he was speaking to David in the barn, they were seriously creepy.

Imagine Lachlan and Gabby being a couple when they're a bit older!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given this is a soap first, Tom is really doing a fantastic job. He's so believable and chilling
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree.
    I was shouting at the TV tonight !!
    lol
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im enjoying this storyline.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ave83it wrote: »
    Dunno about the best ever, but he certainly plays being a creepy, messed up teenager very well!

Agreed.

The producers seem to be shielding him from interviews, thus far (although Eden, who plays Belle, does occasional interviews)
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    He's heading for a bright and successful future. He has handled a difficult storyline very well.
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that he's great as Lachlan and I really enjoyed the scenes between him and David tonight.

Does anyone know how old he is?
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I agree that he's great as Lachlan and I really enjoyed the scenes between him and David tonight.

Does anyone know how old he is?

He's only recently turned 16.
  • callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES! He is one of the best.

Thomas is brilliant with this role. I hope he is getting the recognition he deserves because I only hear how good Natalie and Matt are doing.

For him to take on a sl like this at such a young age takes guts and I applaud him and everyone involved.

Hope he wins an award for Best Young Performance or something:)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the character and his hat, but well done to the actor
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Horrid character brilliantly acted. I'm sure there great things to come from him.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    srhgts wrote: »
    Horrid character brilliantly acted. I'm sure there great things to come from him.

I wouldn't call him a horrid character. Dare I say it but people are making out as if he actually raped her. He just needs counselling really for his sex addiction.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have found his performances very forced and lifeless
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    I wouldn't call him a horrid character. Dare I say it but people are making out as if he actually raped her. He just needs counselling really for his sex addiction.

The definition of rape has been widened in recent years, and what was claimed by Alicia comes into this category.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rape
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember quite a few comments on how bad he was when he first joined the soap but I agree, his acting of late has been superb.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. He has been brilliant during this Alicia and Lachlan storyline. Well done to the actor. Hopefully he has a good future as an actor ahead of him.

The actress who plays Belle is also brilliant too. Emmerdale seem to be doing well with their young actors/ actresses.:)
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »

Would you say this if someone touched your private parts against your will?