Options

Help with 80's/90's childrens toy thing - desperate to know!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
Forum Member
Does anyone remember having this thing as a kid which was like a round ball with plastic around the outside which you stood on and bounced up and down?

A satellite..? or similar?

Argh, i need to know cos it's bugging me!

Comments

• Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pogo stick?
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know the thing you mean.........no idea what it was called tho, remember butchering my sisters for an emergency football to discover it wasn't spherical :D

it werent a pogo stick it looked like saturn sort of, like a ball with a plastic rim, you kinda pogoed on it but it was difficult.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    i know the thing you mean.........no idea what it was called tho, remember butchering my sisters for an emergency football to discover it wasn't spherical :D

Did you get in trouble? Did you regret it? or did you play rugby?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lolo ball
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember it, both my kids had one. Apparently it's called a Loloball or a Pogoball. They banned them at my kids' school because the children kept knocking each other over with them!
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i just played egg football and then took a bollocking for it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lolo ball

Yes that's the one! Just googled it - phew

However I dont remember it being called that when I was a kid.

Ah at least I can sleep tonight now :D
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh, I remember them - buggered if I can remember what they were called though. The top half of the ball was smaller than the bottom, and the ball would sometimes pop out of the hoop.

Aaaaaarrrrrgh! What were they called???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had one of them too - it was orange and green if I remember.
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    They were cool :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah I think I remember them being called a hopper, or space hopper or something. Mine was a red ball with yellow plasitc around the outside.

What were those other bouncey things called which you sat on, held the two sticky up things at the top and bounced around on?
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lolo ball

Thats it!!! I loved mine when I was a kid
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah I think I remember them being called a hopper, or space hopper or something. Mine was a red ball with yellow plasitc around the outside.

What were those other bouncey things called which you sat on, held the two sticky up things at the top and bounced around on?

A space hopper!:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved them, and recently saw one in a toy shop, but I'm too heavy for them now - was so gutted.

Then again, this is the same person that almost bought a skipping rope & frisbee on a nostalgia whim today
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

that was a space hopper
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A space hopper!:D

Yes, thank you!
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Know Your NurksKnow Your Nurks Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the next phase of the Lola balls that had a stick coming out of the top called a T Ball....it could well still be in my parents shed somewhere!
  • Options
    rob1973rob1973 Posts: 4,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look and see if you can find the world pogo/lolo ball champion on Timmy Mallets old show Waccaday!

It's hysterical, just some spotty herbert bouncing around the studio on it. What made him world champ I'll never know! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh i had fun playing on my kids one! afraid i fell into a bush trying out the pogo sticks. as for space hopper, still got giant one in the cupboard! :D
  • Options
    parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the next phase of the Lola balls that had a stick coming out of the top called a T Ball....it could well still be in my parents shed somewhere!

I got a T Ball for my 8th birthday. Still got it, my brother and sister play on it in the garden!