Channel 4 has destroyed The Simpsons

Comments

• DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's one of the few songs I like of his. I think the only other ones I like are No Regrets and Tripping. I can't stand Millennium and I *hate* Angels with a passion.

Anyway, as a straight man I am not offended by the above line. However, if he added the line, "DVDfever is a complete..." and added a swear word then I might be inclined to step in :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    On the episode "Monty Can't Buy Me Love" when Monty Burns is on the radio show, he is asked on how many weiners he has had. When Monty gives his answer, Jerry Rude (the DJ) says **cough**queer**cough**. Channel 4 have edited the queer bit out so that he just coughs, which makes no sense.

Also in the episode, D'oh-in in the Wind, several lines are cut out when Chief Wiggum finds out that Lou has drunk the spiked juice, he takes it, dabs his finger in and gives a lick and exclaims "My God" when it should be like this:-

Wiggum: I ... see.
    [Chief Wiggum takes the bottle from Lou's hand and dabs his finger with it, giving it a taste]
    Wiggum: My God, it's nothing but carrots and peyote.
    Eddie: Damn longhairs never learn, Chief.
    Wiggum: Eh, it's time for an old-fashioned hippie ass-whomping!
  • SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the episode Bart The Murderer, who/what exactly is Bart referring to when he says "He sure is, Patrone" during the scene where Fat Tony offers to sort out Skinner?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I assumed it was Italian for Patron (Owner/Boss).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I assumed it was Italian for Patron (Owner/Boss).

Ah, really? I guess that would expain it. :)
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the episode "Kidney Trouble", the family go to a Wild West themed town.
    C4 cut out everything about the town being founded by prostitutes, with brothels every other building.
    The town guide saying that it was the kind of town where a cowboy could spend a months wages in three minutes makes no sense if you haven't seen the uncut vesion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw another episode in a 6pm slot the other day - Marge Simpson in: Screaming Yellow Honkers, I think - but given all the nanny-state censorship I was surprised they left in a bit with Moe saying something to her like, "Don't you fancy me? Not even sexually?" and pestering her for a while. It was the episode with the Canyonero.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subrosa wrote: »
    I was in a shop once and 'Never Be Lonely' by The Feeling was playing and 'bloody' was censored in that :eek:

I heard a version of the Panic at the Disco song, 'I write sins, not tragedies' where the line "I chimed in with a haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door" had the word god censored but not the word damn. Also had the line "the poor groomsbride was a ****" uncensored before it as well.

It was mental really.
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Question: What seasons do C4 and Sky have the rights to at the moment. There are now 20 of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched my recording of the Cartridge Family, thinking things might be a bit different at 7pm... No. It still made it look like Marge threw the gun away in the bin, by cutting out the bit where she twirls it, grins because she has the gun and puts it away in her handbag.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else notice they censored the scene in the Nessy episode where the radio DJ calls Mr Burns a queer? I'll bet it wouldn't even stick in my mind if they didn't mess around and remove it :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed the crude audio edit made on the DVD version of Marge in Chains? During the part where the 2 Japanese workers are packing boxes and laughing about having the flu, their laughing is suddenly muted for a few seconds, before one of them coughs audibly again. On my BBC2 tape of this episode, the laugh in its entirety was present, but on the DVD it's not.

Was there ever a reason for this?
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone noticed the crude audio edit made on the DVD version of Marge in Chains? During the part where the 2 Japanese workers are packing boxes and laughing about having the flu, their laughing is suddenly muted for a few seconds, before one of them coughs audibly again. On my BBC2 tape of this episode, the laugh in its entirety was present, but on the DVD it's not.

It was exactly the same on the Crime & Punishment VHS release, I agree it seems odd, but there must be a reason for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    Anyone else notice they censored the scene in the Nessy episode where the radio DJ calls Mr Burns a queer? I'll bet it wouldn't even stick in my mind if they didn't mess around and remove it :rolleyes:

Reminds me of when they changed the subtitles to the episode where Homer moans about paying the 'bear tax'.

"We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!" had the 'queer' changed to a repeat of 'here', so it made no sense when he said he heard the chant at the Moustache Parade.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    zoton2 wrote: »
    I thought the creators did that in a way? Or FOX. From the American airings of the show I've seen, it's also beeped there. But I've seen extra scenes in some of our airings too, which apparently are the versions shown on [adult swim] in America.

Often the creators bleep it for the comedy effect.

A classic example is the slow, drawn-out "FUUUUUUCK YOU" from the Grinds My Gears episode of family guy, where they took special care in the animation to make sure you could read his lips during the bleep.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    That's why Ramsay's shows are bleeped in the US but unbleeped over here

Hahah, my wife watches Hell's Kitchen, and when I'm in the other room all the dialog is muffled, but the bleeping carries very well. It sounds like someone at Fox is trying to communicate with me via morse code.
  • slipstream42slipstream42 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they do this when Friends is on, but i think thats mostly to fit in more ads! :(
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'd doub't that would be it as it would only be a homage to South Park :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    Hahah, my wife watches Hell's Kitchen, and when I'm in the other room all the dialog is muffled, but the bleeping carries very well. It sounds like someone at Fox is trying to communicate with me via morse code.

Hehe :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I always thought it was due to Japanese show dubbing always being bad and obvious, hence the Japanese workers' mouths and voices do not match.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed when Apu marries Manjula Homer tries to stop it by donning an elephant head and pretening to tbe a god...the bit where he first tries to stop the wedding is cut out but later they show him up a tree with an elephant head being poked. It's so stupid. Oh and when Homer and Marge try and rekindle the romance by going away and he's talking to lenny an Carl they make naughty comments, then when Marge drives up and they're polite, they've cut out the "perverts" out of her response.
  • The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question: What seasons do C4 and Sky have the rights to at the moment. There are now 20 of them.

Channel 4 - 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16
    Sky1 - 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20

Source - http://www.snpp.com/upcoming/uk.html
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 - 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16
    Sky1 - 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20

Source - http://www.snpp.com/upcoming/uk.html
    C4 haven't screened season 16 yet, I hope this means it'll be shown soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    C4 haven't screened season 16 yet, I hope this means it'll be shown soon.

No doubt it'll be tucked away on Sunday afternoons when no-one watches, which is where new eps seem to go, since they get no ratings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long does their contract have to run? Seems to have been an utterly disasterous purchase for Channel 4 if the price quoted per episode was correct, sure the ratings were miles better on BBC2.