Options

So what about Holly Willoughby in all this?

Suziev1Suziev1 Posts: 63
Forum Member
It appears that everyone is talking about Phillip Schofield's role in the This Morning saga. What about Holly? She is a main presenter of this programme. She must of been at any pre- show meeting about what was going to be discussed, particularly with a high profile guest like the Prime Minister. Editors have been disciplined yet they didn't utter a word on air, much like Holly. I would be the first to say that Phillip deserves everything he gets as far as any disciplinary action but I feel that as the co-presenter of the programme and the actual interview in question, that Holly should be reprimanded for taking part.

Comments

• Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is just eye candy
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Reprimanded for taking part. She just watched.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did he ARBITRARILY give this list to the PM, or did any producer know he was going to do this .....

and why no one has bothered to ask this???
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    Reprimanded for taking part. She just watched.
    exactly and she looked far from comfortable, her face is a picture
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229808/Phillip-Schofield-ambushes-David-Cameron-Tory-paedophile-list-No-10-condemns-trial-Twitter.html
    jenzie wrote: »
    did he ARBITRARILY give this list to the PM, or did any producer know he was going to do this .....

I would imagine that is exactly what OFCOM etc will be bothering to ask now
  • Options
    Mrs Cooper_Mrs Cooper_ Posts: 99
    Forum Member

This ^^^

I can't believe that he decided to produce a list for the PM. He would have been suspended immediately, IMO. The producers surely were compliant in this.
  • Options
    tediouslyrandomtediouslyrandom Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This ^^^

I can't believe that he decided to produce a list for the PM. He would have been suspended immediately, IMO. The producers surely were compliant in this.

He's probably older than the producers, they look up to him as they grew up watching him on kids TV and basically let him do as he pleases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schofield is the brains of the outfit. Holly is like an airhead with boobs.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly just sat there, staring blankly.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suziev1 wrote: »
    I would be the first to say that Phillip deserves everything he gets as far as any disciplinary action but I feel that as the co-presenter of the programme and the actual interview in question, that Holly should be reprimanded for taking part.

do you want them to both be beheaded?
    I am glad you aren't my boss
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly might have had no idea of what Phillip was going to do. He might just have decided before they went to sit down.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Philip is far to big for his boots, dont think Holly would have had any say in the matter.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member
    He's probably older than the producers, they look up to him as they grew up watching him on kids TV and basically let him do as he pleases.

I suspect that could be the case, I can imagine him going.."It's outrageous, what's the government playing at, it took me just 3 mins to get a list of suspects...get me a card so I can make a list and give it to Cameron live on-air. That'll get things moving.'
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member

Her silence was golden. :D

She should have made her excuses and gone for a **** break, now she'll be forever connected with the demise of Schofield.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    I suspect that could be the case, I can imagine him going.."It's outrageous, what's the government playing at, it took me just 3 mins to get a list of suspects...get me a card so I can make a list and give it to Cameron live on-air. That'll get things moving.'

:D:D I can totally imagine those words coming from him, part of me thinks bless him:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With her well practised hurt kitten face. Bint.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well no I don't think Holly can be reprimanded in any way really.

If Phillip did it off the cuff then it wasn't her fault and if it was decided at a pre-show meeting then the editors are at fault for allowing it to happen.

Holly may have had the opportunity to voice her opinions on the decision to go down the route they did... and if she thought it was fine then maybe you can question that and have an opinion on her thoughts... however in terms of actual accountability I don't think you can credit her with any.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    do you want them to both be beheaded?
    I am glad you aren't my boss

I don't believe I ever mentioned beheading either of them
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to Schofield, the idea did not come from him, hence the fact that other people were reprimanded.
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With her well practised hurt kitten face. Bint.

She's a professional woman, married with two children.
  • Options
    tediouslyrandomtediouslyrandom Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    According to Schofield, the idea did not come from him, hence the fact that other people were reprimanded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FpFQ3hDyRI

1.18 in, "It took me about three minutes last night..."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    She's a professional woman, married with two children.

Bint is a derogatory term for a woman or girl.

What of it?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    Well no I don't think Holly can be reprimanded in any way really.

If Phillip did it off the cuff then it wasn't her fault and if it was decided at a pre-show meeting then the editors are at fault for allowing it to happen.

Holly may have had the opportunity to voice her opinions on the decision to go down the route they did... and if she thought it was fine then maybe you can question that and have an opinion on her thoughts... however in terms of actual accountability I don't think you can credit her with any.

I don't think that Holly should be reprimanded in any way either.

From what we do know during the TV stunt, if we can call it a stunt, is that she looked very uncomfortable indeed as though she felt that it was a very bad idea.

Unless there are new developments about what went on behind the scenes I don't see how anyone can apportion any blame to Holly based on what we know and what we've seen.

The opening post of this thread could have been written by Philip 'pass the buck' Schofield himself.:D:p
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

Well that's an interesting development because during the interview he openly stated that he compiled the list himself the night before which I presume was in his own free time.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuzieV wrote: »
    I don't believe I ever mentioned beheading either of them

well you want someone repremanded for sitting next to someone who made a slight error
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think that Holly should be reprimanded in any way either.

From what we do know during the TV stunt, if we can call it a stunt, is that she looked very uncomfortable indeed as though she felt that it was a very bad idea.

Unless there are new developments about what went on behind the scenes I don't see how anyone can apportion any blame to Holly based on what we know and what we've seen.

The opening post of this thread could have been written by Philip 'pass the buck' Schofield himself.:D:p

:D Phil 'the wannabe investigative journalist' Schof