sky come back offer

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
Forum Member
I disconnected sky, after being on my second 75% off deal, and it went off 3 weeks ago. Sky haven't called back (they called 2 weeks before disconnection offering 50% off and £50 credit which I refused).

Logging in to my account shows a 50% off tv if I go back. How much longer will it be before I get a call with a better offer? The last two times i have done this i have had a call back within 2 weeks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I sincerely hope with your something for nothing attitude , SKY never call.

What are you seriously expecting to be offered? Another 75% off deal, why not hold out for it totally free?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Just received an email offering 33% off for 5 years which is tempting. I think I will hold out for a better deal.

In response to 'something for nothing' - this is kind of true. However, haggling is now key with many things (car insurance etc). No one should be willing to pay the full price for services as customer retention is key for companies. I am not willing to pay £80+ per month, but will pay around £30.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monkey wrote: »
    Just received an email offering 33% off for 5 years which is tempting. I think I will hold out for a better deal.

In response to 'something for nothing' - this is kind of true. However, haggling is now key with many things (car insurance etc). No one should be willing to pay the full price for services as customer retention is key for companies. I am not willing to pay £80+ per month, but will pay around £30.

I agree about haggling but 50% off for 12 month seems is a good deal on the back of the two 75% discount for a year that you have enjoyed

What packages do you take from Sky
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    with 75% off I had the whole lot (and was paying £11 extra for a second box which I had installed last January).

My bill was £30 per month.
  • racey43racey43 Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    monkey wrote: »
    I disconnected sky, after being on my second 75% off deal, and it went off 3 weeks ago. Sky haven't called back (they called 2 weeks before disconnection offering 50% off and £50 credit which I refused).

Logging in to my account shows a 50% off tv if I go back. How much longer will it be before I get a call with a better offer? The last two times i have done this i have had a call back within 2 weeks.
    I finished Sky TV in early November and was paying £74 a month for the full package including 1 multiroom. They wouldn't reduce this before I finished. I had a call shortly after when I said I wasn't interested in returning. I still have broadband. There are no offers showing when I log in.
    Forum Member
    Deccydoo wrote: »

What are you seriously expecting to be offered? Another 75% off deal, why not hold out for it totally free?
    That's just being daft.
    It's always a good idea to haggle. I save on the original offer every time I renew car and home insurance.
    I'd prefer to trust that the renewal price is the best available offer but that would be naive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    A good decent haggle is one thing but rejecting 50% off plus £50 credit (when you have had 75% off) seems a tad greedy/unrealistic.

However fair play. The post is aiming at £30pm. Good luck if this is achieved
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I can assure you you won't get another 75% off I would of taken the 50%
  • sparrysparry Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now on my 3rd offer with sport. Took it out on the half price for 3 months they were doing back in August, rang to cancel that when it was due to run out, was offered the same again for another 3 months, then rang to cancel again and was offered same again or £7.50 a month off for 8 months
  • nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    For those who are not getting offers....
    Make sure that you have given Sky permission to contact you with regard to marketing as this also covers permission to contact you with offers.
    I had ticked somewhere that I did not want to receive this and therefore did not get calls when I canceled some years back.
    Having realised my error I contacted Sky to change my settings ( you can do this online somewhere now ) and sure enough I started to receive mail shots and phone calls to come back.
    I have just finished two years of 75% off - had movies, sports, HD to two TVs paying £32 a month in the end. I cancelleled and have since been offered 50% off but am holding out.
    It's up to the individual if you happy to live without Sky but would have it at a price then why not haggle ?
    Nobby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Pure greed in my opinion
  • nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Pure greed in my opinion

To each their own
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pure greed in my opinion

.................the opposite of pure apathy

Why don't you want the best good deal ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    been away from sky for a few years, had been with them for 12+years never been able to get any discounts or offers, (when calling to cancel they had always said ok bye!)

so today on the Chat help i was offered 25%, which i said was tempting but not enough to get me back, so then got 40%, for 12 months which was enough :)

moral if you don't ask you don't get
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Pure greed in my opinion
    You are the one and only Sky customer paying full-price, aren't you?
  • Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deccydoo wrote: »

We had 2013 free, 75% off before then, 50% off before then, 2014 it went back to 50% off.

Offer ended in September, 2 minute call, "hi, my offer is ending". "I can renew your 50% off". Job done.

Why anyone pays full price when it is so easy to get discount is baffling.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pure greed in my opinion

Companies you deal with must love you.

Only a fool will pay full price for services like TV and telecoms before trying to negotiate a deal. I have been on a discounted price with Sky for as long as I can recall. They didn't give me anything when my deal ended last Autumn so I left. Had a 50% offer in the post 2 weeks later.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Companies you deal with must love you.

Only a fool will pay full price for services like TV and telecoms before trying to negotiate a deal. I have been on a discounted price with Sky for as long as I can recall. They didn't give me anything when my deal ended last Autumn so I left. Had a 50% offer in the post 2 weeks later.

I presume Daniel_Jones was talking about not accepting the 50% offer, not being greedy about asking for an offer.
    I can assure you you won't get another 75% off I would of taken the 50%
  • ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »

Not so sure about that ... the VAST majority pay full price ... those showing they are willing to cancel and do without deserve a discount.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long after you cancel do you get an offer to get a little money off? I have cut my package back to try and save money but the difference is negligible so I am curious how long would I have to cancel for before they come back offering things
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long after you cancel do you get an offer to get a little money off? I have cut my package back to try and save money but the difference is negligible so I am curious how long would I have to cancel for before they come back offering things

I had an offer in the post within 2 weeks.
    Forum Member
    My cancellation took effect on about December 5th and I had an email offering 50% off this week.
  • sparrysparry Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dropped my package 2 weeks ago to save money, down to Original from Family with Sport, so there's another 2 weeks to go before anything actually changes, and so far I have received 2 offers via email.
  • RealaleRealale Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    Currently paying £82 a month for all tv channels, unlimited normal broadband and phone, rang them Saturday to ask for a deal and the best I could get was £8 a month off so I cancelled, waiting to see if I get any offers now.
  • timo_w2stimo_w2s Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an offer to come back in the MySky section on their website the day my card was switched off...