Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe.

Comments

• FraxisFraxis Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I guess Brooker had to cover it but it's Weekly Wipe and not Monthly Wipe. The Last Leg covered both the same clips two weeks ago.

I reckon Morgana could go a really good impression of comedienne Josie Long and actually make her funny.

I guess if she can make Fearne Cotton more appealing than the real thing then anything's possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    The only thing is I do still hanker for just some goold old new Screenwipe. The news-y bits are done very well and they're intelligent and witty dissections of stuff that is by it's very definition inherently unfunny, so it always feels a bit juxtaposed with the rest of the show. Sometimes, just taking the piss out of tv/games/adverts would be more than enough!

This is very true. Its not like there isn't enough material out there. The bad adverts thread alone would be enough material for a weekly series!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the fact there are not many right wing comedians shows the lack of sense of humour the right has..

Wrong, there are loads BUT they don't fit in with the general metropolitain leftie agenda of BBC management and commissioners.

Lets face it the right don't exactly do much to make the world a better place.

Ah, so you're of the opinion that you'd rather repress those you disagree with?

Disgusting.

The BBC is paid for by people from all parts of the political spectrum and therefore all are entitled to some form of representation on the BBC - and not just in (point at the bad person) political debates but across its range of programming.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »
    Wrong, there are loads BUT they don't fit in with the general metropolitain leftie agenda of BBC management and commissioners.

Disgusting.

The BBC is paid for by people from all parts of the political spectrum and therefore all are entitled to some form of representation on the BBC - and not just in (point at the bad person) political debates but across its range of programming.

LOL Since when was I talking about just the BBC?

And where do I even mention 'repression'?

Strawman much?

The fact is the right are a humourless bunch who are the ones who really want to repress everyone. From repressing sexuality to freedom of expression.

The only thing the right wants to do is make the rich, richer.
  • FraxisFraxis Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I reckon 2015 could be the breakout year for Cunck. I hear she's pitching a number of shows to broadcasters:

Cunck on Funk: BBC Four musical theme night, including Cunck in session with George Clinton and Nile Rogers.
    Cunck's Hunks: ITV3's answer to Britain's Next Top Model. Philomena's on the hunt to find a macho male.
    Cunck with Monks: BBC Two. In conversation with Trapist monks. She may not have thought this one through.
    Cunck on Munch: Sky Arts 2. At look at the days of art before Snapchat with a profile of the man who also worked on the Scream movie franchise.
    Cunck with a trunk: National Geographic. Philomena's explores genetic hybrids by volunteering for a controversial breeding experiment to boost the endangered elephant population.
    She's also pitching a show to Channel 5 about bodily fluids, but is struggling to think of a title...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Since when was I talking about just the BBC?

And where do I even mention 'repression'?

1). This thread is about a programme on the BBC. My comments, to which you were responding were about the BBC. I engage in this discussion in the context of the BBC alone. If you wish to speak of any other organisation, feel free but i'm not interested.

2). By default, you wish to repress those who hold differing views from yourself by not allowing them on the UK PSB. That is disgusting and i'm well within my rights to judge you for doing so.

The fact is the right are a humourless bunch who are the ones who really want to repress everyone. From repressing sexuality to freedom of expression.

That is entirely your opinion and very immature if I may say so. Political beliefs are a spectrum. Most people hold a range of views from across the spectrum but lean towards one side or the other.

It is NOT right to assume if someone identifies with the right that they are:

a). At the extreme end of the spectrum.
    b). Share all the views attributed to the right.
    The only thing the right wants to do is make the rich, richer.

Please, go away and think about how pathetic and clichéd you sound right now.

Are you one of those people who pop up on Guardian comments with tedious and irrelevant rants about "banksters" and have to highlight that "its not all of them" when there is a news item in relation to, for example - Islamic fanatics or benefits claimants? If you aren't, you may have missed your online calling.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong, there are loads BUT they don't fit in with the general metropolitain leftie agenda of BBC management and commissioners..

Name one funny right wing comedian? Jim Davidson, Chubby Brown....?

The reality is that the right offer little that is funny, but a whole of nastiness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Name one funny right wing comedian? Jim Davidson, Chubby Brown....?

No intention of it. They're out there - big and small. Just as there are with leftie comedians. It's time the BBC got a few of its commissioning staff into stand up comedy stores and not just looking for those who fit their views.
    The reality is that the right offer little that is funny, but a whole of nastiness.

That could easily be argued about left-wing comedians and views as well BUT that is NOT the point! They are still heard and they SHOULD be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No intention of it. They're out there - big and small. Just as there are with leftie comedians. It's time the BBC got a few of its commissioning staff into stand up comedy stores and not just looking for those who fit their views.

That could easily be argued about left-wing comedians and views as well BUT that is NOT the point! They are still heard and they SHOULD be.

Nothing like a bit of evidence to back up an argument
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing like a bit of evidence to back up an argument

I think you're wasting my time asking for examples of comedians as if they don't exist. You aren't adding to a discussion or debate, you're just being a nuisance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    1). This thread is about a programme on the BBC. My comments, to which you were responding were about the BBC. I engage in this discussion in the context of the BBC alone. If you wish to speak of any other organisation, feel free but i'm not interested.

2). By default, you wish to repress those who hold differing views from yourself by not allowing them on the UK PSB. That is disgusting and i'm well within my rights to judge you for doing so.

That is entirely your opinion and very immature if I may say so. Political beliefs are a spectrum. Most people hold a range of views from across the spectrum but lean towards one side or the other.

It is NOT right to assume if someone identifies with the right that they are:

a). At the extreme end of the spectrum.
    b). Share all the views attributed to the right.

Please, go away and think about how pathetic and clichéd you sound right now.

Are you one of those people who pop up on Guardian comments with tedious and irrelevant rants about "banksters" and have to highlight that "its not all of them" when there is a news item in relation to, for example - Islamic fanatics or benefits claimants? If you aren't, you may have missed your online calling.

Nothing you have said there is actually a defense of either the fact that the right are humourless, or that I want to repress anyone, right wing or otherwise.

And if your only defense is 'please, go away' then it shows it is YOU who wants to repress opinions you don't agree with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're wasting my time asking for examples of comedians as if they don't exist. You aren't adding to a discussion or debate, you're just being a nuisance.

You accuse the BBC of not giving right leaning comedians airtime because they don't fit with their leftie agenda. You are asked to name right leaning comedians of a decent pedigree. You refuse to.

Apologies for being a nuisance for having the audacity to asking you to back up your argument. Anyone would think you're struggling....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You accuse the BBC of not giving right leaning comedians airtime because they don't fit with their leftie agenda. You are asked to name right leaning comedians of a decent pedigree. You refuse to.

Apologies for being a nuisance for having the audacity to asking you to back up your argument. Anyone would think you're struggling....

Last Man Standing with Tim Allan in the US, is one of the few Right Wing comedians or comedies I can think of. And he is mainly making race and religion jokes. And TBH the laugh is how being right wing is sad.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsam93 wrote: »
    Does anybody know which YouTube vlogger specifically Morgana Robinson was attempting to lampoon?

Actually, until I read this, I didn't realise it was a spoof. ;) I did think the high-pitched voice was a bit weird, though.
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Disgusting.

Coming next week : Jimmy Tarbuck's Weekly Wipe, taking a sideways look at the remarkable success of David Cameron's government. With TV reviews by Myleene Klunk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because that is NOT relevant. It isn't the point, it is so far from the point that I can conclude that you either do not get the point or are trying to obfuscate with trivial irrelevances.

The point is that there is no show which is an alternative to Brooker which takes a stab at current affairs from a right wing perspective, that on the BBC, most - if not all satire comes from a lefty mindset and is indicative of the culture within the commissioning and management tiers of the organisation. That our society is not getting what it has paid for because of this culture and that is it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing you have said there is actually a defense of either the fact that the right are humourless

I've no intention of "defending" (why should people with different views to yours need defending, by the way?) people against your pathetic and misguided stereotyping? I don't deal with bigotry, grow up.

or that I want to repress anyone, right wing or otherwise.

Oh, I think that point has been demonstrated quite clearly. I'm sure you won't ever accept it but then, I couldn't care less whether you do or don't.
    And if your only defense is 'please, go away' then it shows it is YOU who wants to repress opinions you don't agree with.

Quite amusing considering i'm producing structured thoughts whilst you're just churning out meaningless white noise. But that's to be expected. I can only draw the conclusion that either you haven't the ability to respond to the points made or the intellectual capacity to understand them.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't really see anything particularly left-wing about this episode. It's there to satirise news agenda, the Fox thing was without doubt the silliest thiung in the news this week.

I'm so tired of having this argument on every BBC topical show. We have a Tory government, they will be lampooned because they're the one doing stuff.

BBC news is practicallt a coalition political broadcast nowadays, parroting everything the government says without any grades, IMO of course, but that's because I'm a leftie, righties obviously feel different.

Can't you take this to one of the 1000's of "the bbc is a disgrace" threads, as it's not really mentioned one sketch in the show itself.

As has been mentioned The Last Leg covered the same issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so tired of having this argument on every BBC topical show. We have a Tory government, they will be lampooned because they're the one doing stuff.

Don't read it or reply then.
    BBC news is practicallt a coalition political broadcast nowadays, parroting everything the government says without any grades, IMO of course, but that's because I'm a leftie, righties obviously feel different.

Oh please. I'm not even going to dignify this with a response.
    Can't you take this to one of the 1000's of "the bbc is a disgrace" threads, as it's not really mentioned one sketch in the show itself.

No.
    As has been mentioned The Last Leg covered the same issues.

And?
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't read it or reply then.

Oh please. I'm not even going to dignify this with a response.

No.

And?

Okay, as you won't even dignify me with a reply, as it goes against your skewered thinking, I shall put you on ignore:)
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't really see anything particularly left-wing about this episode. It's there to satirise news agenda, the Fox thing was without doubt the silliest thing in the news this week.
    You don't have to be anywhere near the Left to see Fox News' entire output as a total joke. Farther to the right than Genghis Khan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cunk will get her own show, like Ali G did.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could not abide the YouTube spoof, Barry shitpeas is crap and cunk isn't much better. Other than that it was pretty good.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Cunk will get her own show, like Ali G did.

But doesn't Charlie Brooker write her material (and Barry Shitpeas' material too)?
  • AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Fraxis wrote: »
    I reckon 2015 could be the breakout year for Cunck. I hear she's pitching a number of shows to broadcasters:

Cunck on Funk: BBC Four musical theme night, including Cunck in session with George Clinton and Nile Rogers.
    Cunck's Hunks: ITV3's answer to Britain's Next Top Model. Philomena's on the hunt to find a macho male.
    Cunck with Monks: BBC Two. In conversation with Trapist monks. She may not have thought this one through.
    Cunck on Munch: Sky Arts 2. At look at the days of art before Snapchat with a profile of the man who also worked on the Scream movie franchise.
    Cunck with a trunk: National Geographic. Philomena's explores genetic hybrids by volunteering for a controversial breeding experiment to boost the endangered elephant population.
    She's also pitching a show to Channel 5 about bodily fluids, but is struggling to think of a title...
    I just heard her pitch flunked and her dreams of a solo project are now sunk.