CH5; GPs Behind Closed Doors

Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
Forum Member
✭✭
The first few patients were like The Undateables Meets 24 Hours In A & E.

Comments

• AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first few patients were like The Undateables Meets 24 Hours In A & E.
    I'm sitting here mouth open.. The poor woman with the sore throat who was alchohol dependant...
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think I'd be too keen to have my doc's appointment shown to the viewing public!!
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The man who's been scratching round his you know penis, and he's got, he's got, what have you got? Fungus! :o

Oh my word, I couldn't be a GP
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I see there was a series last year, and it is still on Demand5

maybe I'll give it a go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I see there was a series last year, and it is still on Demand5

maybe I'll give it a go

Oh wow I didn't know that..thought that this was a first series.. I think I'll might give the last series a go too.. Maybe when I'm not eating or depressed...lol

Hmm it's not showing anything on my t.v. as being available On Demand..:(
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a tough job being a GP doctor.
  • kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one to feel uncomfortable watching this programme. Is it right that we are seeing vulnerable people in a gp surgery divulging their medical problems. I would question if some of these poor patients knew what they would be signing consent to. :-(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I can so relate to this Janet with her personality disorder.. I really feel for her.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    kiteflyer wrote: »
    Am I the only one to feel uncomfortable watching this programme. Is it right that we are seeing vulnerable people in a gp surgery divulging their medical problems. I would question if some of these poor patients knew what they would be signing consent to. :-(

Yeah, I don't remember the last series being so heavy going, hopefully this is a one off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear..this lady with suicidal thoughts is uncomfortable viewing...should this really be shown?
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Oh wow I didn't know that..thought that this was a first series.. I think I'll might give the last series a go too.. Maybe when I'm not eating or depressed...lol

Hmm it's not showing anything on my t.v. as being available On Demand..:(

ah I'm talking about channel 5 online. Google 'GPs behind closed doors' and it takes you to the webpage then you should be able to choose series 1 or 2 episodes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear..this lady with suicidal thoughts is uncomfortable viewing...should this really be shown?

Imo no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah I'm talking about channel 5 online. Google 'GPs behind closed doors' and it takes you to the webpage then you should be able to choose series 1 or 2 episodes

Thanks, shall look online tomorrow :D
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, the poor woman :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe they want to highlight how some people can get...or she may have signed the consent form when she was in a better frame of mind and then didn't realise how she would be.

Edited: I know when I go to the drs and let loose when I am in one of my bad episodes I'm not sure I would feel comfortable it being shown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think this is good though that is highlighting GP's are human..and approachable these days.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This guy on now who keeps washing his face.
  • Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    I'm sat here cringing for a number of reasons.

Some of these people are soooooooooo stupid and uneducated and uninformed. Having said that, people in my day to day life can be like that, and no medical experience is required! They are just incredibly ignorant and (well) stupid.

Not keen on being a fly on the wall at some of these - these things should be private and remain so.

Respect to these doctors though. I wouldn't have the temperament to deal with these people!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they want to highlight how some people can get...or she may have signed the consent form when she was in a better frame of mind and then didn't realise how she would be.

She said she had missed a telephone appointment and was showing major signs of confusion , that combined with her prrsonality disorder and suicidal thoughts would suggest that she was in no real frame of mind to agree with anything. :-(
  • linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    I live a couple of miles from Putneymead surgery. I haven't recognised anyone yet!

It might be interesting to see if the patients shown, who will all have signed a consent form, have character traits in common.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    No, the poor woman :(

Terribly upsetting and seemed a bit of an odd treatment, some tablets (missed what they were for) and take the dog out...there could have been more to the appointment than we saw but she was crying out for help...hope she's ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiteflyer wrote: »
    She said she had missed a telephone appointment and was showing major signs of confusion , that combined with her prrsonality disorder and suicidal thoughts would suggest that she was in no real frame of mind to agree with anything. :-(

But it depends when she signed the consent form, as I said it could be well before she was confused..

But on the other hand, they may do follow ups with her and show her doing reasonably well now hence showing it now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terribly upsetting and seemed a bit of an odd treatment, some tablets (missed what they were for) and take the dog out...there could have been more to the appointment than we saw but she was crying out for help...hope she's ok.

Unfortunately that is all they do now.. Her tablets were probably for her personality disorder, and I know my Dr has suggested taking my dogs out before.. It's little goals they aim for. I would also hazard a guess he has put a call into the crisis team at the MH unit to contact this woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr's are not given time these days..they really need to spend more time with patients these days. I am sure there was more to that man's condition, he really didn't seem as though he was quite with it and was definately confused.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it depends when she signed the consent form, as I said it could be well before she was confused..

But on the other hand, they may do follow ups with her and show her doing reasonably well now hence showing it now.

That's a good point , I hope you are right. My heart goes out to her, I have been there.