Options

Cleaning leather sofa...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My cream leather sofas (one big and one small) really need a good clean. Can anyone recommend a product that works? I've tried using leather wipes but, despite nearly putting my shoulder out of joint, they hardly made any difference.

Also, has anyone used a cleaning company to do the job? Was it very expensive?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't whatever do what my daft DH did a few years ago - he tried cleaning something he spilt on ours with something like Jiff cleaner.

I could have killed him - however I did insist he went and bought 2 replacement leather sofas immediately.
  • Options
    big_satsumabig_satsuma Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    I'm sure i saw on Kim and Aggie the other day they were using normal soap and water and a cloth to remove stains (press hard). Then use saddle soap afterwards to protect it (can buy from horse tack shops)
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I buy Lord Sherriton leather wipes from Asda and they clean the funiture brilliantly.
    You can actually see how dirty your funiture gets by the marks on the wipes when you have wiped. I have a large and a small couch so I use about six or eight to clean them both.
    I find the wipes work a hell of a lot better than the spray. The spray just tends to leave a bit of a shine where the wipes do clean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone - I think I'll give soap and water a go and if not I'll try the wipes.

It's going to be a rotten job anyway :(