What a phone, eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    My first phone in the mid 90s was a motorola startack 5200
  • Options
    Digi_Matt_WaltzDigi_Matt_Waltz Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    My 1st one was a Nokia 3210 back in either 99 or 2000, i think it was during the winter :P.
    My 2nd phone that i still use now is a Nokia 3330, should upgrade but i'm not too bothered coz i only want a phone to text and talk.
    Although i guess i should jump on the end of the picture phone band wagon :P

- Matt
  • Options
    freeview_madfreeview_mad Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here is my first phone, well it was just to mess around with. Sorry i cant get a better picture but the link is now invalid
    My dad got it off a man at work for me to mess around with.

Its the old motorola independent, which was talked about earlier.
    I took it apart last year and now the little charging light stays on all the time so the battery dies. :rolleyes:
    I was never able to get it to do much but i think i will dig it out and have a play.
  • Options
    Dr.PhloxDr.Phlox Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I remember the days where the battery was the size of a briefcase, the handset was the size of a house phone, and plugged into a box under the dash that linked to the radio unit in the boot....

First truly portable one was an analogue thing on Cellnet. Replace that with a slightly less bricky one after the original was nicked/lost Fireworks night in Ipswich sometime in 1994.

DP
    aka "Old git"
  • Options
    simon olivesimon olive Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was the Nokia Brick i :D
  • Options
    dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David McH wrote:
    Motorola M3788 - huge brick but thought it was the dogs bollocks at the time. Then moved on to Nokia 3310 which was tiny in comparison to the Moto - I lost it in a nightclub and so then got Nokia 3410. I then had a Motorla V525 which broke and I'm now onto a Siemens C65 which is not as good as I thought it would be so will probably be looking for another one soon.

My god... my mobile life story.... lol

A few changes though :)

Me mum's first phone was a Motorola Manhattan, which I used for a while. (I can still remember the features... The ability to run the phone from 4 double A's...!!!) Then in 1999 I got a Moto M3788 on Orange for £29.99 from Argos, then swapped for a Phillips Savvy on Cellnet in around 2000, after my first Moto M3788 was stolen... Then went on to buy a 3210 from a friend, again on orange, then moved to a 3310 in 2001 on Virgin, which then died, do I got a 3410 in around 2002. Christmas 2004 I got a SE T610, then moved onto the o2 X3 this christmas...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've had a:- Philips Savvy, Sagem MW936, Sony Z7, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Motorola brick, Nokia 3410, Nokia 7250i and now i have a Nokia 6230. :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nokia 5110 on BT Cellnet :D
  • Options
    most_hauntedmost_haunted Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sagem mc920 on vodafone wasnt very good u had 2 keep your finger on the buttons to txt instead of pressing it a number of times (e.g. pressing '2' three times for 'c', you had to hold on to it for three seconds instead) still got it but it doesnt work came up with some strange message then never worked again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first phone was a Nokia Orange (5.1) - It cost me £199.95 from the Orange shop in Manchester Arndale in 1996. It did text messages (which Orange were yet to introduce), and had a standby time of one day and a talk time 1 hour.

I was so pleased with it, I just used to look at it for ages. Nobody else I knew had a mobile at the time - pagers were still cool!

I then moved onto a Nokia 702 (boring, but did the job and had 'Snake'), a Siemens C35 (funky blue colour with an Orange screen. Solid), Siemens SL45 (looked gorgeous but terrible, terrible software. Basically unusable) a Nokia 7210 and now a Sony Ericsson P900 (I'm bored with it now).

I don't know what to get next - I'm tempted to ditch mobiles altogether as I've got older and settled down, I don't *really* need one anymore.
  • Options
    RozRoz Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a motorolla . looks like a brick now, after 8 months of use. it became faulty....... then i got one of those crappy sony errisson , with the stupid green light flashing at the top.
    lol..................... :D:D:D

Thank God SE ditched that flashing light! I love SE phones now.
    Can't remember my first phone, but it was an analogue, had it for two days then took it back.
    Phones I've had in the past in order...

Panasonic something or other, nice phone.
    Savvy C5 or something stupid, horrible phone, painted the cover with metallic blue nail varnish, lol, looked pretty good after that.
    Nokia 3210 (I think that was the number)
    Nokia 3310
    Nokia 3510i
    Sony Ericsson T630 Loved that phone!
    Sony Ericsson K700i Love this phone, current phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Motorola cd920 on vodafone pay as you go when it was first lauched, though it was the dogs bollocks at the time, the flip was the best feature!

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_cd920-71.php
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Mine was a philips PR92 from peoples phone, on analogue vodafone! I have no idea what happened to it, but it was a strange thing if anyone has a photo of one, i'd love to see it lol
    the mic was built into the battery which clipped sideways on and the antenna rotated on the side! I have had 30 phones since then! :eek:

i have also owned the following

motorola mr20
    motorola mr30
    nokia 5.1 - Still got
    ericsson ga628
    nokia 3110
    nokia 8110 - Still got
    nokia 402
    motorola montecarlo
    ericsson pf768
    nokia 5146
    nokia 3210 - Still got
    Nokia 3310
    Nokia 7110
    Nokia 5210
    Nokia 6310i
    Motorola T720i
    Nokia 7250i
    Nokia 6610i
    Nokia 3100
    nokia 3200
    samsung d500 - still got
    nokia 6230i
    motorola V3
    Sony Ericsson P900i - Current work Phone
    Nokia 6300 - Current Personal Phone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Fr3Ak wrote: »
    Closest I can find is the Nokia 5.1 - similar but not quite the same!!

Nokia 2110 most likely, there was a mercury one2one version, probably the 2146, i remember seeing it in a tandy brochure!
  • Options
    paulbeattie87paulbeattie87 Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First was a Trium Mars on BT Cellnet in 2000 later to be passed on to a family member in favour of a Nokia 3310 god was that a good phone or what, pop off covers too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first phone was a Nokia 5110/5146 or something on Orange lol I got it in 1999 we called it the Nokia Face-Off :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first ever one was a small blue thing but the first I used on a regular basis was a Nokia 3310e and really enjoyed Snake on it. Currently I'm using the Virgin Lobster White Elephant..er 700TV DAB phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    First "mobile" was a Motorola carphone. First true mobile was an analogue Sony mars bar and first GSM was a Panasonic EU2000.
  • Options
    pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    kentboy wrote: »
    That Motorolla thing with an aerial - Orange.

Alex

My first phone was the Motorola M3788 on One2One PAYG in 2000.

On offer for £40 from my University's Student Union shop.

Other phones I've had:

Motorola C975 on 3 PAYG in 2003
    Sagem My-X7
    Nokia 3510i
    Motorola V550 (Vodafone exclusive)
    Nokia 6230i

Currently got an SE K800i on Vodafone PAYG.
  • Options
    ThePerfectOneThePerfectOne Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Nokia 3330
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SE W800i
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Ohh

My first was an analoge Nokia (can't remember the model) on Cellnet (God that brings back memories)

My first Digital one- an Orange MR1 on Talk 15, and that weird way of putting the Sim Card in.

And then I realised at that time Orange only had 4 transmitters in Lincolnshire - ohh that was complicated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nokia 3210!

Then I was lucky enough to get the 3330(I think that's the one?) which allowed me to go on there internet, whereas the 3310 would not! :D

Now I ended up with a scratched N95!

Have owned (I can't remember some of them):

Nokia 3210
    Nokia 3330 or whatever it was
    unknown
    Some small annoying Virgin phone which I locked out after a few days!
    Sharp GX10
    another unknown
    Samsung D600
    Samsung E900
    Nokia N95