lockups.....grrr

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
Forum Member
since the last update, my 9200T has been very well behaved - until last night.

on C4, between 9 and 10 (the missus insisted on watching BB), my hummy locked up 4 times..... :mad:

after the last one, i switched it to standby again - which is annoying cos of losing the EPG.

anyone else get a freeze last night? anything to do with the unseasonably warm weather? i did notice it was slightly warmer to the touch than normal - but then so is everything else.

Comments

• PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be todo with the live streaming channel being removed

You could try either deleting Ch. 305 or doing a full rescan (if you havnt already)

I seem to remember problems happening when this channel was added, perhaps it being deleted has caused problems also
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    i did a rescan a few days ago - to fetch the right names for some of the renamed channels - i didn't know about 305 tho

i'll check and remove....sodding BB!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    gbshahaq wrote:
    on C4, between 9 and 10 (the missus insisted on watching BB), my hummy locked up 4 times..... :mad:

Perhaps the Hummy is showing signs of intelligence and stopping any crap from entering it's system! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Since the uipdate I have had 2 lockups, one early this morning at 04.00 precisely. Left in standby on CBBC.

Also had the missed recording problem, possibly with auto padding as I can't remember the permissable combinations when I set it. Should not need to!

Also had the continous recording bug post the missed recording which was Battlestar Galactica last Thursday on Sky Three. Never had that one before.

So all in all, it is becoming untrustworthy which is a shame as I have always supported the box and even got my Dad to buy one last week.

Grrr as well.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Since the uipdate I have had 2 lockups, one early this morning at 04.00 precisely. Left in standby on CBBC.
    Just an idea but this could have something to do with the auto software update as the default search time is 04:00..
    Go to installation menu and disable the auto search and see if this resolves the problem..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote:
    Just an idea but this could have something to do with the auto software update as the default search time is 04:00..
    Go to installation menu and disable the auto search and see if this resolves the problem..

Thanks, I will check this as I normally have the update switched off, but may have switched back on to catch the last update and not reverted it.
  • ramitramit Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I had the same problem last night....