Has the 100% increase in Lottery Stake Stopped you Playing?

13»

Comments

• SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TRIPS wrote: »
    :eek:

.......:confused:
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    .......:confused:
    You are paying double yet the prize pool has nowhere near doubled, that means playing the lottery is less value than it ever has been before.
    The prize distribution has nothing to do with paying £2, Camelot could have increased the prize for 3 numbers years ago, they wouldn't because they wanted to have big Jackpots.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if they didn't change the price the lottery was dying on its arse anyway, and even if they put the price back to what it was it will still be on the way out.

I think the simple thing is that the novelty has gone out of it, since it's been going a while now, and the odds of winning anything are just a bit too long for occasional/light players to win more than once in a blue moon. It's 1 in 56 ish to get 3 numbers. If you play one line regularly each Saturday that's, on average, a lot of not winning anything. Maybe you win once across the year. Meh. If you're playing in the faint hope of scooping the big prizes, there aren't many big prizes any more.

Plus, the revamp was stupid for a lot of reasons, the price rise included, but adding the raffle winning number bit was a bit stupid. The immediacy of seeing the numbers coming out is part of the attraction, not hearing that a bunch of codes were drawn out and you've got to go online to check them.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I stopped playing altogether since the price went up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are paying double yet the prize pool has nowhere near doubled, that means playing the lottery is less value than it ever has been before.
    The prize distribution has nothing to do with paying £2, Camelot could have increased the prize for 3 numbers years ago, they wouldn't because they wanted to have big Jackpots.

I didn't say it had doubled.

However for a £1 go you could win £10 for 3 numbers

Now, for a £2 ticket you can win £25 for 3 numbers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say it had doubled.

However for a £1 go you could win £10 for 3 numbers

Now, for a £2 ticket you can win £25 for 3 numbers

No offense, your either on a wind up or you have no idea of basic mathmatics
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I only do it occasionally now and the thing that annoys me about the increase is that it has been done just to increase revenue.

If I go to a betting shop I can still put a £1 bet on a horse the same as I did ten years ago, it hasn't gone up to £2,

Scamelot are taking the pee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No offense,
    Are you serious ?
    your either on a wind up or you have no idea of basic mathmatics

1. It's you're not your

2. It's mathematics not mathmatics

3. I do know that a £25 win for £2 is better than a £10 for £1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you serious ?

1. It's you're not your

Fantastic you use spellchecker, your still crap at Mathmatics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic you use spellchecker, your still crap at Mathmatics.

I don't need spell checker or a calculator:)
  • kingdavekingdave Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've stopped playing as often since the price went up and only now play on a double or triple rollover approaching £7/8mil

Truth is though, the lottery has been getting worse for a long time now with steadily decreasing jackpots. They've introduced so many different games and seem to expect everyone to have a bottomless pit of money to play them all.

If I were running the show, I'd ditch the Wednesday draw, the plus 5 draws, Thunderball and all the other UK draws, and just go back to the old days of a Saturday draw for £1 a line with a jackpot nearer £10m.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    I voted Rubbish Value, because of the odds.

Although, something happened today in the supermarket. We were at the till; my OH had bought a dress and was folding it to put on the belt. A box of eggs slid off the belt and I closed my eyes - nothing. I opened my eyes and they were hanging from the dress hanger hook, an inch from the floor. You can bet we got a lottery ticket on the way out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Nah, not even one number...
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would scrap all of the draws apart from Euromillions and main UK Saturday one.
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only play euromillions, usually get 2 or 3 lucky dips for each draw but more if the jackpot is £80m +
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you serious ?

1. It's you're not your

Person A spends £50 in one year and wins £10

Person B Spends £100 in one year and wins £25

Which is the better deal?
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If everyone took the approach of 'I'm only going to play the Wednesday draw WHEN ITS a rollover' the Wednesday draw would soon be axed. This is how i play now and i have set numbers online that i dont remember so works quite well and i save money!
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should scrap the shite daily play old farts game, the thunderball which they also ruined by adding more numbers (hardly any winners now) and just keep lotto and euromillions. They are greedy with to many games, people aint got the cash to play them all for shite jackpots. We want life changing cash not you have matched all 6 balls, heres a thousand pounds. Shove it up your arse camelot you morons.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I've never played it but I'm glad people do. Money from the National Lottery has proved vital in providing money to shore up some of our country's most significant historical monuments.

http://www.hlf.org.uk/about-us/media-centre/press-releases/canterbury-cathedral-celebrates

If it wasn't for the grants from the Heritage Lottery Fund I don't see where the money would ever come from.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I haven't had a single win since they put the price up, I had lots of £10 wins before.