✭✭
    BBC's Christmas Eve schedule should have been:

6.25pm Professor Brainstawm
    7.20pm Toy Story 3
    9pm EastEnders
    9.30pm Not Going Out
    10pm The Vicar Of Dibley

No,

You need the hook and established TS3 first, to the unproven Brainstorm, and TS3 starting before ITV soaps.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking of EastEnders, it looks like BBC One is taking a leaf out of ITV's book on Thursday 8th January:

19.00 The One Show
    19.30 EastEnders
    20.00 Would I Lie To You?
    20.30 EastEnders
    21.00 Death in Paradise

Which means the first three episodes of this series of Birds of a Feather will face EastEnders.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Talking of EastEnders, it looks like BBC One is taking a leaf out of ITV's book on Thursday 8th January:

19.00 The One Show
    19.30 EastEnders
    20.30 EastEnders
    21.00 Death in Paradise

Which means the first three episodes of this series of Birds of a Feather will face EastEnders.

This is provisional so may change.

Not provisional I have the radio times covering that now.

Far more sensible than ITV games with double Emerdales, it avoids a clash, any clash will hurt both soaps and they both can't afford that.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member

19.00 The One Show
    19.30 EastEnders
    20.30 EastEnders
    21.00 Death in Paradise

The BBC have done this a few times on a Thursday with EastEnders. There is no episode on Monday but we get an extra episode as it also airs on Wednesday (Note there is No New years Eve EastEnders)
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

19.00 The One Show
    19.30 EastEnders
    20.30 EastEnders
    21.00 Death in Paradise

Both should be able to rate well enough together. Though I think EE will struggle with a 2nd ep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Not provisional I have the radio times covering that now.

Far more sensible than ITV games with double Emerdales, it avoids a clash, any clash will hurt both soaps and they both can't afford that.

Plus it gives the first Death in Paradise a boost as it's switched nights. Looking at the opposition it doesn't have anything to worry about though.

Where does the extra episode come from though? I know the Monday episode is being dropped for football but there's a Wednesday show to even that out.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what you expecting for EastEnders? Since its showing against sky fall? :)

Around 6m I think.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time watching Not Going Out as not a Bond fan. It'll probably be the last time as well, its absolutely awful in my view.

Why is this on Christmas Eve?
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV have started trailing the NYD premiere of The Dark Knight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Plus it gives the first Death in Paradise a boost as it's switched nights. Looking at the opposition it doesn't have anything to worry about though.

Where does the extra episode come from though? I know the Monday episode is being dropped for football but there's a Wednesday show to even that out.
    It depends. We never got the episode missed for CIN and there is also no episode on NYE so perhaps they will use this extra episode to make up for that or of course there might be an episode a few weeks after that is dropped for whatever reason. EastEnders 5000th episode is due early Jan too.
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of Bah Humbug on this thread today.:D

Merry Christmas everyone.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ChrisE wrote: »
    There's a lot of Bah Humbug on this thread today.:D

Merry Christmas everyone.:)
    Merry Christmas :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Yes, and it will be even lower of Christmas Day. The worst is yet to come. Then again no soap figures will be pretty tomorrow. EE could be below low 6m, Emmerdale below 5m, Corrie below 7m.
    How can eastenders be below 6 million no way that will happen tomorrow. Tomorrow everyone is exicted to watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    It depends. We never got the episode missed for CIN and there is also no episode on NYE so perhaps they will use this extra episode to make up for that or of course there might be an episode a few weeks after that is dropped for whatever reason. EastEnders 5000th episode is due early Jan too.

There's an episode tonight and an additional episode tomorrow so that's three made up immediately. I understand it's usual for Christmas, though.

Not that I'm having a go - I'm just wondering if it's additional or if it's taking the place of a dropped episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's an episode tonight and an additional episode tomorrow so that's three made up immediately. I understand it's usual for Christmas, though.

Not that I'm having a go - I'm just wondering if it's additional or if it's taking the place of a dropped episode.
    Of course we always get an hour on xmas day and NYD plus an episode on xmas eve but this year (as it falls on a Weds I assume) There is no NYE episode. I am not sure but maybe an episode will be dropped in due course?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Not Going Out did not even trend on twitter tonight. It will be very interesting to see if Vicar of Dibley does! I would not be that surprised if Vicar of Dibley beats NGT in the ratings!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not Going Out did not even trend on twitter tonight. It will be very interesting to see if Vicar of Dibley does! I would not be that surprised if Vicar of Dibley beats NGT in the ratings!
    I remember VOD trended last time it was shown on BBC1 but this episode has been shown far too much.

One foot in the Grave Christmas should have been shown for a change.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    ITV have started trailing the NYD premiere of The Dark Knight.
    Cant see that rating well starting half way through Eastenders and also being up against Mrs Brown. Plus being so old.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I remember VOD trended last time it was shown on BBC1 but this episode has been shown far too much.

One foot in the Grave Christmas should have been shown for a change.

Has it? The Christmas lunch episode is the one that gets shown endlessly, this one is much better (probably my favourite episode, not just of the Christmas ones) and isn't on as often.

A quick look through today's posts shows nothing new has been said, just the same crap we've seen over and over for the past few weeks. Guessing it'll be the same on Boxing Day.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesday 23rd December 2014 - Overnights
    BBC One
    18:00 - BBC News at Six: 5.53m (30%)
    18:30 - BBC Regional News: 5.79m (30%)
    19:00 - Celebrity Mastermind: 4.14m (20.2%)
    19:30 - EastEnders: 6.53m (29.5%) / +3: 560k (3.4%)
    20:00 - Holby City: 4.48m (20.0%)
    21:00 - The Royle Family: 4.22m (19.2%)
    22:00 - BBC News at Ten: 4.59m (23%)
    22:40 - Mrs Brown's Boys: 3.34m (22.1%)

BBC Two
    20:00 - Masterchef: The Professionals Final: 3.59m (16.0%)
    21:00 - The Wrong Mans: 1.87m (8.5%)

ITV (inc +1)
    18:00 - ITV Regional News: 3.715m (20%)
    18:30 - ITV News: 3.65m (19%)
    19:00 - Emmerdale: 5.60m (27.1%) / 5.82m (28.2%)
    19:30 - Wildness Walks with Ray Mears: 2.13m (10.4%) / 2.21m (10.8%)
    20:00 - Roman Britain from the Air: 1.79m (7.8%) / 1.92m (8.4%)
    21:00 - Lottery Stories: Be Careful What You Wish For: 1.90m (8.7%) / 2.11m (9.6%)
    22:40 - Kylie: Kiss Me Once: 0.64m (5.1%)

Channel 4 (inc +1)
    18:30 - Hollyoaks: 947k (4.9%) exc +1
    19:30 - The Snowman: 1.09m (4.9%) / 1.24m (5.6%)
    20:00 - Celebrity Fifteen to One: 1.46m (6.5%) / 1.60m (7.1%)
    21:00 - 8 Out of 10 Cats: 1.85m (8.4%) / 2.06m (9.4%)
    22:00 - Man Down: 902k (4.7%)

Channel 5 (inc +1)
    20:00 - Michael Buble's Christmas Special: 1.00m (4.5%) / 1.07m (4.8%)
    21:00 - Kids Hospital at Christmas: 1.04m (4.8%) / 1.11m (5.1%)

BBC Three
    21:00 - FILM: Shrek 2: 1.22m (5.7%)
    23:00 - Family Guy: 564k (4.4%)
    23:25 - Family Guy: 615k (5.9%)
    23:45 - American Dad! 615k (7.4%)

BBC Four
    21:00 - Len Goodman's Big Band Bonanza: 643k (2.9%)

E4 (inc +1)
    18:30 - The Big Bang Theory: 592k (3.0%)
    19:00 - Hollyoaks: 632k (3.0%) / 751k (3.6%)

Film4 (inc +1)
    21:00 - FILM: Independence Day: 659k (3.8%)

ITV2 (inc +1)
    21:00 - FILM: Bridget Jones's Diary: 715k (3.6%)

ITV3 (inc +1)
    19:55 - Foyle's War: 770k (3.5%)

Sources: DS (1, 2), ITV Media, Overnights.TV, TV Ratings UK. Where percentages for terrestrial channels are given to 1.d.p., it means the number is not tape-checked.
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    Not Going Out did not even trend on twitter tonight.

Branestawm did.

Not getting my hopes up about the rating, but it was a very enjoyable little piece and certainly series material. Also it wasn't all happiness and fluffy cushions - several hints at a subtext of the feminism movement, for example - so whilst it wasn't right to continue after 9 it shouldn't have started before 8. IMO.

I'll go..
    TS3: 5m
    EE: 7m
    Prof B: 4.5m
    NGO 4m
    Skyfall 6.5m

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas Day, see you all at the weekend if not on Boxing Day morning.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    First time watching Not Going Out as not a Bond fan. It'll probably be the last time as well, its absolutely awful in my view.

Why is this on Christmas Eve?

I'd be very surprised if you watched another anyway, that felt like them signing off - I actually thought it was a fitting tribute to a very funny sitcom imo- It s best days were past and the actual episode tonight wasn't't it's best but some of this series (especially the Pointless episode) have been fantasti and I'll certainly miss it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course we always get an hour on xmas day and NYD plus an episode on xmas eve but this year (as it falls on a Weds I assume) There is no NYE episode. I am not sure but maybe an episode will be dropped in due course?

Just thought - another Monday episode may be dropped at the end of January for the FA Cup.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    Cant see that rating well starting half way through Eastenders and also being up against Mrs Brown. Plus being so old.

Still no idea why they have hung onto The Dark Knight for so long.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just can't believe that this episode of Vicar of Dibley is 15 years old :o

Even though EastEnders isn't the talking point it once was in real life, it seems from discussions in here today it is still the main talking point ratings wise. I think discussions about how the Olympics opening ceremony would rate got less posts than this year's Christmas Day EastEnders!
This discussion has been closed.