Options

Does anyone feel ignored/dismissed in the soaps forum?

BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure if it's due to post points or what but I find certain users are constantly quoted while others are blanked out...?

Comments

• Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite polite when replying to others, I usually quote one person, then hit reply then quote the next person.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and if your opinion doesnt match god help you.

It's not as bad as it was tho. sometimes you interact with new people but don't gel with as much.

not really worth worrying about.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the number of their posts, but by the content of their threads." - Martin Luther King
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    I don't know, I think if it depends what kind of person you are. I'm willing to talk to anyone as and consider myself quite friendly and have made and talked to some great friends on here. I think it does matter on the person you are quoting and how you come across and how they respond etc. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the number of their posts, but by the content of their threads." - Martin Luther King

I wish.

does anyone know how you delete your account?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I wish.

These buddies can probably help.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't. Just join in more and you won't feel ignored either :)
    I wish.

You have to contact the mods. You can't actually 'delete' your account. They will make it inactive for you.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get stuck in, interacted with other members, participate in debates/discussion, episode threads, show your voice, it might take awhile for FM to get to know you, as said a million times before, it's not simply ignoring new members, but fm who are familiar with each other are more likely to interact with each other, it's not deliberate.

I post loads and don't get quoted all the time, I don't take it to heart, post counts don't mean anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I make a point of only acknowledging users with the exact same postcount as me. It's a lonely life I tell you.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »

Heh :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Get stuck in, interacted with other members, participate in debates/discussion, episode threads, show your voice, it might take awhile for FM to get to know you, as said a million times before, it's not simply ignoring new members, but fm who are familiar with each other are more likely to interact with each other, it's not deliberate.

I post loads and don't get quoted all the time, I don't take it to heart, post counts don't mean anything.

just this evening I was dismissed and told I know nothing about eastenders cos I shared my opinion. yesterday/today I was told I was lying and twisting things because he/she kept contradicting themselves. Some just dont like debate and quite frankly all the negativity and all the threads being opened repeating another thread is doing my head in. I have tried to join in its just now working.

sorry feeling a bit down in the dumps about it
  • Options
    pudge2pudge2 Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    Not sure if it's due to post points or what but I find certain users are constantly quoted while others are blanked out...?

Over 10 views yet no replies, I thought it was an interesting point you brought up.

Can't say I've noticed it happening though...
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you make a thread and it gets ignored because someone posts in the thread and someone makes another thread based on that comment. God help if it is a popular user who does this, the thread dies.

Then there are the ones who make 9 threads a day and no matter what time you check the first page they ALWAYS have a thread there.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    just this evening I was dismissed and told I know nothing about eastenders cos I shared my opinion. yesterday/today I was told I was lying and twisting things because he/she kept contradicting themselves. Some just dont like debate and quite frankly all the negativity and all the threads being opened repeating another thread is doing my head in. I have tried to join in its just now working.

sorry feeling a bit down in the dumps about it

hope you don't take it to heart. it's the other person's problem not yours.

That is a classic example of why people are afraid to engage and tend to stick to those they know.

I really don't get why people feel they know best.
This discussion has been closed.