Circle Pad Pro for "10p" with Resi: Revelations - exclusive to Zavvi

Comments

• shades8438shades8438 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blindness wrote: »
    I suck a this, never played a Resident Evil game before (I played bits of 5 in co-op with a friend, but that doesn't count).

I'm in an area with a locked door, I shoot the lock of the door and some enemy just comes flying at me, tried a bit of sneaky shooting from afar and tried the gas canisters but just can't get past this bit :(

try shooting the main boss monster head with the rifle after it is hit by the exploding canisters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks shades8438, got through it in the end, just took my time and made every shot count. Up to chapter 6 now and have to say this game delivers! Now rockin' an MP5 machine gun with illegal custom parts, hell yeah!
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Still sold out in my town. I even checked my two local Argos stores. HMV told me that they only got two copies in stock!! so I thought I'd just ask what the problem was in Gamestation and they said the same, beside the reserved pre-order copies, they only received two copies for general retail. Pathetic!! Someone f***ked up bad.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    just bought 3DS FOR THIS GAME!!

do i really need the circle pad pro to play this:confused: any help?
  • shades8438shades8438 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it plays ok without it but given i bought it with a cpp as a bundle i have not really tried playing it that much with the older style control.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »

No, you don't need it - it's just an option.
    Personally, I'm more comfortable playing the game without it.
    Forum Member

NO. The CPP was designed for casual gamers who can't play games without dual sticks. The game plays perfect without it.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Clocked yesterday. Great game and really delivers!

Hope we get another resi game on 3DS.
    Forum Member
    I agree this is a fantasic game its well done and well thought out for a portable experience so glad i got it reckon im halfway through now dont want it to end so taking my time.

Theres a few freaky parts in this game them B.O.Ws are creepy it also helps I hooked my DS upto my surround sound system:D wish you could connect video to TV aswell:D
    Forum Member
    FINALLY managed to track down a copy today in Morrisons. Last one too, still out of stock everywhere else.

I've heard aside from the main campaign the Raid mode is really good in this game too, I'm pretty excited for that alone as I love Mercs 3D. :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, the demo was fine without it. Personally I prefer using it though, makes the 3DS more comfortable to hold, and the triggers are rather nice.
    Forum Member
    This game is so good! Another must have 3DS title. It's so nice to have a game that plays as good as Mercs 3D but with a full single player campaign. I like the way it's split up into bite size chapters each with it's own rankings. The variety of gameplay is set just right, you never seem to be stuck in the same area for too long or even as the same character. It has a nice mixture of action/puzzle and I like the way you can upgrade the weapons. I noticed the level from the demo is completely different in the full game, that was a nice touch. So far it's definitely a return to form for the Resi series.

Default controls are perfect, pretty much the same as Mercs 3D so I'm quite used to them, just have to up the sensitivity of the aiming and switch it from 1st person to 3rd. I don't doubt CPP is really nice but it's fine without it, I just use my thumb on the rare occasion I need to pan the camera around while I'm moving.. Graphics are the best I've seen on 3DS too, it must be pushing the system hard?? I'm struggling to think of any game last gen (PS2/Xbox/GC) that looked even close to this. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got this today for £37 in grainger games, most other shops were still sold out, i just a few questions

How long is the game?
    Is there much reason to replay the game once you have been through once?

hopefully the answers will go some way to making me feel better about the incredibly high price for a handheld games
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered a 3DS + ResEvil Revelations today, quick question - is the Circle Pad Pro gizmo worth getting for this game?

Also, has anyone tried playing it with motion sensing that I believe the 3DS does??

Its was the 3DS + RE:R or the Vita + Uncharted, the 3DS won on price and the fact I have 3 Uncharted games under my belt on the PS3 :). Sorry Sony :(
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Got this today for £37 in grainger games, most other shops were still sold out, i just a few questions

How long is the game?
    Is there much reason to replay the game once you have been through once?

hopefully the answers will go some way to making me feel better about the incredibly high price for a handheld games

Can't answer how long it is but it's said to be a fair size.

Replaybility comes down to how much you enjoy it I guess but there are rankings on each stage, unlockables, streetpass features among various difficulty settings too, it is a game that was made with replayability in mind. Aside from that there is Raid mode which should keep you occupied for a very long time.

Ordered a 3DS + ResEvil Revelations today, quick question - is the Circle Pad Pro gizmo worth getting for this game?

Also, has anyone tried playing it with motion sensing that I believe the 3DS does??

Its was the 3DS + RE:R or the Vita + Uncharted, the 3DS won on price and the fact I have 3 Uncharted games under my belt on the PS3 :). Sorry Sony :(

I play it without the CPP and have not had a single problem with the controls, I find them very accurate and sensibly mapped. I'm sure someone here who has played it with CPP will offer their opinion but from what I've read it does allow you to move the camera around a lot easier, however it's not a vital component to the gameplay.

This game doesn't allow the option to use the gyroscope for aiming, just the circle pad, but it's very accurate and easy to make small adjustments.

I would also take Resi Revelations over Uncharted, not only through preference of genre but the fact that Revelations is a whole new Resi Evil installment built for the 3DS that's been in development for years and it really shows. Where as Uncharted Golden Abyss seems to be more of cut down/compromised spin-off of the PS3 game and like you say if you already own the other 3 there's not much this game adds. If you are a fan of Resi however you will love this game!

Congrats on the 3DS, it's a machine that's really coming into it's own now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly 2D, haven't played a new Resi Evil game since RE 5, Revelations (from what I've read and seen) is the best RE for years, to good an opportunity to pass up.

I've decided to order the CPP anyway, but will play the game without at first to see how I get on, the circle pad does look ugly and should only be seen when really needed.

I suspect when the 3DS Lite arrives (it's bound to) a second analogue will probably feature, so I'm future proof! Lol
    Forum Member
    Exactly 2D, haven't played a new Resi Evil game since RE 5, Revelations (from what I've read and seen) is the best RE for years, to good an opportunity to pass up.

I've decided to order the CPP anyway, but will play the game without at first to see how I get on, the circle pad does look ugly and should only be seen when really needed.

I suspect when the 3DS Lite arrives (it's bound to) a second analogue will probably feature, so I'm future proof! Lol

I done the exact same I bought 3DS just for this LOL imo you really dont need the CPP iv been playing for days without it just fine cant fault anything in the game.

Im a big resi fan and the game does not dissapoint so good to play a new resi adventure thats actually creepy in parts.
    Hopefully RE6 keeps the good thing going.

I was looking at psp vita and uncharted aswell and what i plan on doing is tradeing in 3DS and Resi then i will only have to pay 100 for the vita in gamestop so i got the best of both worlds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I done the exact same I bought 3DS just for this LOL imo you really dont need the CPP iv been playing for days without it just fine cant fault anything in the game.

Im a big resi fan and the game does not dissapoint so good to play a new resi adventure thats actually creepy in parts.
    Hopefully RE6 keeps the good thing going.

I was looking at psp vita and uncharted aswell and what i plan on doing is tradeing in 3DS and Resi then i will only have to pay 100 for the vita in gamestop so i got the best of both worlds.

I will buy the Vita at some point but not at release prices, if (BIG IF) Sony follow ninendo with a quick price drop, then I will jump in both feet, until then the 3DS will have to do.

Would love to play Abyss sometime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 and a half hours on my first playthrough, of which i'd say at least an hour was cutscenes for £37, brilliant game terrible length
    Forum Member
    Going by that I actually think that's not terrible for a handheld game, especially one as replayable as this. Raid mode aside, I know I'll be jumping straight back into the campaign once I've completed it.

The cutscene are long though and there's a lot of them I agree and as fancy as they look in 3D I really don't care a great deal for the story, just the gameplay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 3DS came on Thursday, only been able to play the demo so far Zavvi are being slow sending the game. Played the demo 8 times out of the 30 times available (why do they put a limit on the demo?) and its very good, can't wait to play it properly.

Off topic, what other good action games are available on the 3DS? I'm not really interested in Nintendo exclusive like Mario kart etc.

Think ill be hanging on to this handheld for a while, see how it gos.
    Forum Member
    You're not really interested in the Nintendo exclusives?? Shame as they are among the best available for the system.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long since acquired the Shotgun, so anybody that's played this will know how far along I am - its a really good game! Bit confused by the jumping about, one minute I'm on the ship, next I'm in a whole new location. Think I need the story explaining to me! :o

Quite like the ALL action sections, breaks-up the slower, search and shoot bits on the ship. I know these action sections were criticised by reviewers but they actually add to the game IMO.

One last thing, the manual to this game is how a games manual should be done, I haven't read it through apart from looking up some controls but just flicking through, it looks very informative, all colour and nicely laid out. :D Are DS titles blessed with good books?

9/10 based on what I've seen and played. :)
    Forum Member
    I finished It couple of days ago great game just the right mix of action and horror i understand they will never fully go back to remake style horror anymore but this will do better than RE5s all out action, action, action anyways.
    I loved the design of the last boss one of my favs though it was a cool fight how they done it better than a big blob like like thing in some past main games.

I also liked how once you were off the boat I thought well its over now but it then went on to another chapter it was a nice change up of the formula.

Small Nitpicks though all the annoying characters all turned out to have lived lol
    Parker fell into what looked like a pit of fire yet in the end hes fine I found that very stupid as his death scene was actually kinda sad.
    The two soldiers with annoying voices also survived I just hope they dont appear sometime soon in RE6 although I highly doubt it LOL
    Forum Member
    The game just gets better! I am now fully hooked on Raid mode, it's even better than Mercs 3D! The campaign was superb, gone straight back for a second run through. It's a worthy sequel to Resi 4.