Options

Sugababes 1.0 to make a comeback?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Siobhan is amazingly talented. Her 'Ghosts' album is a gem of an album. "Goldfish" is actually one of my favourite songs of all time.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    see Keisha is at it again with her great quotes. On MKS she is saying " I’ve always wanted to be part of something where I genuinely felt sisterhood, and I feel like I’ve definitely found that now

Which replaces "With Amelle Sugababes is stronger than ever and I wanted to rerecord the greatest hits to replace Mutya and the other girl"

and

We only really became the sugababes when Heidi joined!.
    "

Keisha is someone I have never been able to warm to. I just get a very fake vibe from her.

I like all the other girls though from each different line up. Its just Keisha I haven't ever liked much. I don't even rate her voice. Its a bit too screechy for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has already been asked but how is it going to work when it comes to performing old hits? This original line up have their first album together then for a most of the part Mutya & Keisha have a lot of hits with SB 2 and Heidi who's still in the sugababes she has a lot of the material to her name? Will only one of the bands get rights to perform old material? I'm confused. Rightfully the original should as 2 of the 3 stayed the longest an had the most hits!

Or will the original be starting from scratch? I hope not as it would e a shame if they didn't perform old songs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked but how is it going to work when it comes to performing old hits? This original line up have their first album together then for a most of the part Mutya & Keisha have a lot of hits with SB 2 and Heidi who's still in the sugababes she has a lot of the material to her name? Will only one of the bands get rights to perform old material? I'm confused. Rightfully the original should as 2 of the 3 stayed the longest an had the most hits!

Or will the original be starting from scratch? I hope not as it would e a shame if they didn't perform old songs

I reckon they will perform Overload and Run for Cover the most as they are well known as singles. They could sing Freak like me to Red Dress but it would seem strange with Siobhan. I think they would be better to disassociate themselves from the Sugababes branch which is what Heidi, Amelle and Jade should have done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its a shame Heidi isn't part of the line up. I always thought that if Siobhan had returned the four of them would have been epic. Heidi and Mutya were always my faves.
  • Options
    xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Heidi with her out of breath vocals anyday!
  • Options
    BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is great news. I cannot wait to here what they come up with!
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so what was keisha's problem with siobhan? I remember an interview with S when she said she didn't ever know what it was and told the interviewer "you will have to ask her"
    I hope this means whatever it was has been fully sorted out?
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    see Keisha is at it again with her great quotes. On MKS she is saying " I’ve always wanted to be part of something where I genuinely felt sisterhood, and I feel like I’ve definitely found that now

Which replaces "With Amelle Sugababes is stronger than ever and I wanted to rerecord the greatest hits to replace Mutya and the other girl"

and

We only really became the sugababes when Heidi joined!.
    "

After her solo career was shelved, MKS is Keisha's last shot at fame, so she isn't going to start trashing her band mates (yet).
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Hope they flop. Sugababes 4.0 all the way.
  • Options
    Louise_WoodLouise_Wood Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »

I agree Tyyleer, it will only be a matter of time before the old wounds are re-opened, leading to Siobhan leaving again.

I am surprised Siobhan joined forces with them two again, she is a very talented girl.

Mutya and Keisha have always seemed like hard work to me, to be honest their time has passed and I don't think the charts will be as kind to them this time around. That applies unfortunately to 4.0 too as was proved by the disastrous promotion of Freedom.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »

4.0 are the failurebabes. They don't have any respect and give their music away for free. They can't even get a record deal. Heidi was nearly kicked out of Dancing On Ice on her first week! They can't get back together now, it's been taken off them by Mutya Keisha Siobhan. Keisha can trust Mutya and Siobhan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nancy_Drew wrote: »
    4.0 are the failurebabes. They don't have any respect and give their music away for free. They can't even get a record deal. Heidi was nearly kicked out of Dancing On Ice on her first week! They can't get back together now, it's been taken off them by Mutya Keisha Siobhan. Keisha can trust Mutya and Siobhan.

Nobody bothered to download it even after they gave it away for free. Karma is a bitch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the same time though what happened to this big solo career that Keisha was planning? she played private gig to showcase her material and was constantly tweeting stuff about how great it was. Yet the record label must have disagreed and dropped her. Its like someone said. This reunion is the last chance for Keisha. If this doesn't work her career is over. I'm not sure if its desperate or just genius. We'll have to see.

I'm sad Siobhan has gone back as her solo stuff was incredible and she is too good for Mutya and Keisha.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw5nFrVp8Ow

I love Fearless by Keisha - hope the song is re-recorded with MKS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the same time though what happened to this big solo career that Keisha was planning? she played private gig to showcase her material and was constantly tweeting stuff about how great it was. Yet the record label must have disagreed and dropped her. Its like someone said. This reunion is the last chance for Keisha. If this doesn't work her career is over. I'm not sure if its desperate or just genius. We'll have to see.

I'm sad Siobhan has gone back as her solo stuff was incredible and she is too good for Mutya and Keisha.

I said this, and I really think it is. It all depends on the material now. They have the hype and press, it's not often you see something like this happen, but if the music is horrible or it's badly promoted, nobody is going to care, and it will be all over for Keisha. Mutya and especially Siobhan managed to carve out solo careers for themselves, so if MKS fails, both of them can use the publicity to work on more material.

Keisha on the other hand couldn't get her solo career off the ground. It seemed like it was quite far along in the process, as promo pictures were even released to the press, so somewhere along the line someone pulled the plug. Personally I think it's because they just couldn't get her some good material, but who knows. Either way, if MKS fails, it's over for good for Keisha,
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fearless would be an amazing track for MKS. I hope their music is kind of in this style and not trashy dance where they are prancing around in skimpy leotards.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Nobody bothered to download it even after they gave it away for free. Karma is a bitch.
    Er... We know it was downloaded by 70k people in Week 1, of which 23k people created new Amazon accounts just for it.

Some of you need to chill out with the lies and bitch mentality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    Er... We know it was downloaded by 70k people in Week 1, of which 23k people created new Amazon accounts just for it.

Such a smash hit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »

Some of you need to chill out with the lies and bitch mentality.

If it was apparently selling so well with such 'demand', why then did they delete it from iTunes and Amazon, and pretend it was just a promo single? It was heading for a complete flop so they just gave it away for free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Sorry, but Heidi made her choice and will continue to go down in the sinking ship that is sugababes 4.0.

She chose to become a flop pop star with the other two useless replacements. But this is the best thing for everyone concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Siobhan never feels like she did in this interview again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb8M7mO2Q_o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Siobhan never feels like she did in this interview again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb8M7mO2Q_o

I've never seen that before but :eek: going to be very interesting seeing what happens this time around. I bet the press constantly post stuff about them being at war now even if it isn't true.
  • Options
    Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Keisha has always stuck me as a bitch so none of that interview surprises me. Its ok saying they were younger but she still bullied a girl she didn't like out of the group and that is all what matters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It appears they have made up but who knows what will happen down the line. Personally I feel like Keisha is just trying to use Mutya and Siobhan after the horrible comments she's made about them in the past...