✭✭✭
    erm how heavy is the snow event that is expected from thursday onwards
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Alfie2008 wrote: »
    I'm dreaming of just getting some snow, doesn't have to be at Christmas.:p

We've missed out on any significant snow here.:(

Move to the North East. It's a death trap outside You'd obviously love it. You, and other lucky sods like you, would have a triple orgasm, experiencing that.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Move to the North East. It's a death trap outside You'd obviously love it. You, and other lucky sods like you, would have a triple orgasm, experiencing that.

where abouts in the north east are you
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    That's 14 days away, fantasy land. I don't know why anyone even bothers looking ahead that far away.

Yes it could be mild on Christmas Day but it could also be bitterly cold with snow, calm and foggy, very windy and wet, or anything else you care to guess at. Hopefully the GFS will persist with its 'mild' runs for a day or two so the White Christmas in London odds improve a lot from the present 5. It would definitely be worth a punt at say10 hehe.

I'd agree that there's a fair chance that by next weekend, 7 days away, it will be very cold again but the extent of and amount of any snow is impossible to forecast at the moment, other than saying that as usual, the North and East of the UK are the most likely to get anything significant.

Not surprisingly some have already stopped taking bets on a white Christmas!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    where abouts in the north east are you

Near Middlesbrough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    THOMO wrote: »
    I'm quite concerned about the snow up hear in the North East of England, as i am due to travel by Train to Bimingham from Newcastle on the 22nd December for the Christmas and New Year period and i'm hoping everything will be ok for travelling.
    Ian.
    And i'm due to be travelling on 22nd by train to the West Midlands from Newcastle. Quite concerned!!:(:(
    Ian.
    I'm travelling on the 22nd December by train from Newcastle as i mentioned earlier and i'm quite concerned, hoping that i'll get away.
    Ian.
    Thats what i'm fearing as i'm going away hopefully for the christmas and new year period by train from Newcastle on December 22nd.
    Ian.
    I just hope i get away by train ok on the 22nd.
    Ian.
    I don't look forward to it either as i'm travelling 3 days before christmas, just like millions more hoping to do so as well.
    Ian.
    Thats not very good for my travel plans a week on Tuesday!!:(
    Ian.
    Ummm... :|
  • Options
    electronelectron Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »

Seconded on that, probably a school kid wanting time off, or someone who does not pay energy bills or has to travel to work or relations at christmas
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    Ummm... :|

Aw bless, he's obviously really, really worried. I know TVQ has posted similar many times across the board re worrying about flying from Newcastle to London on Thursday.

It must be so hard not knowing.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Aw bless, he's obviously really, really worried. I know TVQ has posted similar many times across the board re worrying about flying from Newcastle to London on Thursday.

Especially as he doesn't seem to know what day he's travelling on. Could apparently be Tuesday (21st) or Wednesday (22nd) so I don't know which, I just hope he does! :D
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Especially as he doesn't seem to know what day he's travelling on. Could apparently be Tuesday (21st) or Wednesday (22nd) so I don't know which, I just hope he does! :D

Perhaps it is scheduled for Tuesday but he is already factoring in a long delay due to adverse weather. :D
  • Options
    mattwoodfieldmattwoodfield Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    Any ideas if this is going to be affecting Birmingham? Only I am getting slightly worried about all this snow talk so close to when I am due to fly out to Tenerife on the 21st Dec!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonderful. We've got rain here now - which wasn't in the forecast.

Wouldn't be so bad if if it was a torrential piss down to wash away the ice on the ground that's dangerous to walk on, but it's just a downfall that'll freeze later and make it even more lethal to walk on.
  • Options
    parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forecast heavy snow from Friday onwards. Just fan-flaming-tastic, seeing as the first night of the pantomime is on Friday evening :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Forecast heavy snow from Friday onwards. Just fan-flaming-tastic, seeing as the first night of the pantomime is on Friday evening :(

oohh a white xmas is likely...:p i not seen the forecast for here, so might be different where me is ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

The only 'good' thing about more snow coming round where we live is that it'll set on thin ice, not thick ice like last time, (and make it easier to walk on) so when it melts, it'll hopefully take the ice with it, cos it won't be thick - and not leave a sheet of lethal thick ice like it did the other day, cos all that melted was the snow covering the set ice.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul the weather man on Look North says there will be heavy snow in Yorkshire from Thursday evening onwards ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Paul the weather man on Look North says there will be heavy snow in Yorkshire from Thursday evening onwards ..

oohh nice :)

I feel like some apple crumble after me tea tonight :D
  • Options
    KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yah!!! :D
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »

I am less worried about flying there now

though heavy snow is forecast thursday morning and i am flying lunchtime so hope that doesn't make a diference

however i am now concerned about the flight back on saturday:o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snow on Christmas day in London please thanks snowman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RED_ wrote: »
    Snow on Christmas day in London please thanks snowman.

Three inches of trecherous ice in London, please, Mr Weatherman. Let them experience the Hell of the death traps up here in the North that last for weeks.

Fat Chance. At most it'll be like a shaking of sifted icing sugar that last an hour before it's back to dry pavements.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet if it does snow on Christmas day it'll be havoc as nobody will move it or it wont be moved from cars driving as hardly anyone will be on the road and i have to drive right into C. London too!
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pray that it snows in Mirfield loads and loads, I want about 2 feet of snow from Thursday onwards
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some good news on the snow front, it appears that the Marks & Sparks Gluten Free Cake is now free from Scotland, and in english stores.
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope it does not snow christmas day ,the kids will reak havac,god help us:eek:
This discussion has been closed.