Being Human - New Series Discussion **[SPOILERS IN TAGS]** (Part 2)

Paddy C wrote: »
Oh dear... want to see a sneak peek at the USA version? Click below to see an edited clip of the opening part of the pilot episode....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lc5kCUAD2c

Oh how I wish I hadn't clicked that link. Why can't the Yanks leave our stuff alone? Haven't they learnt anything since the travesty ending that was Life On Mars?

Grrrrr!!!!!!!!
    Admin Edit: This thread is a continuation of Being Human - New Series Discussion **[SPOILERS IN TAGS]**

Comments

• soapyjoessoapyjoes Posts: 9,790
      Forum Member
      Have we got a transmission date yet for S3?:confused: I need to rewatch last ep of S2 just before it lol:D
    • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
      Forum Member
      soapyjoes wrote: »
      Have we got a transmission date yet for S3?:confused: I need to rewatch last ep of S2 just before it lol:D

Not yet.
      Forum Member
      Darn!!
    • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Can't quote from previous thread, but have only just founf the Annie Broadcasts section.

I was all excited, thinking they were video clips but all I can find are still picture of Annie looking distraught with a 2 line quote from her.
      Bit of a let down, but I am going to watch the trailers to cheer myself up!
    • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      mimi dlc wrote: »
      Can't quote from previous thread, but have only just founf the Annie Broadcasts section.

I was all excited, thinking they were video clips but all I can find are still picture of Annie looking distraught with a 2 line quote from her.
      Bit of a let down, but I am going to watch the trailers to cheer myself up!

They are video clips. Only just watched them myself here.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Corwin wrote: »
      They are video clips. Only just watched them myself here.

I had clicked on them on several occasions, but now realise that I have been too impatient and that they take a while to load on BBC site... and that If I wait long enough (ie 10 seconds not minutes!!) the play button does appear.

Looking forward to series 3, esp if Herrick comes back.

Furry Herrick?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I see that the US version of Being Human starts on Syfy there on January 17th.
      Do we get the same here, or are the listings on UK Syfy different?

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
      Forum Member
      Apparently the new trailer for series 3 will be shown tonight for the first time; the group on Facebook says 10:30 on BBC 1 and 10:40 on BBC 3 :)
      Forum Member
      Jo-em wrote: »
      Apparently the new trailer for series 3 will be shown tonight for the first time; the group on Facebook says 10:30 on BBC 1 and 10:40 on BBC 3 :)

Looks like a 23rd start then.
    • Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Jo-em wrote: »
      Looks like a 23rd start then.

*Starts hyperventilating*
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
      Forum Member
      Paddy C wrote: »
      Oh dear... want to see a sneak peek at the USA version? Click below to see an edited clip of the opening part of the pilot episode....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lc5kCUAD2c

I see Sam Witwer, better known as Galen Marek, will be in it. They should do a scene where he electrocutes someone. The opportunity is too tempting to resist.

I do have to ask, though, why they're even making a new one, the British one was fine as is, I'd think it would be cheaper to air the original ones. I'm worried the personal moments will be lost in the adaption and George will become a gun-wielding ninja who fights off Nazis. Or something. Wait a sec... If Wikipedia's to be believed, they changed the name of the original characters! FANBOY RAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

Fortunately, I won't even be watching the US version, but FANBOY RAAAAAAAAAAGE!!! still applies.
      Forum Member
      I see Sam Witwer, better known as Galen Marek, will be in it. They should do a scene where he electrocutes someone. The opportunity is too tempting to resist.

I do have to ask, though, why they're even making a new one, the British one was fine as is, I'd think it would be cheaper to air the original ones. I'm worried the personal moments will be lost in the adaption and George will become a gun-wielding ninja who fights off Nazis. Or something. Wait a sec... If Wikipedia's to be believed, they changed the name of the original characters! FANBOY RAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

Fortunately, I won't even be watching the US version, but FANBOY RAAAAAAAAAAGE!!! still applies.

or with US obsession with procedurals will we be seeing Being Human - CSI?!!!
    • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Latest official pic of the main four is on BBC BH blog and @bbcbeinghuman. Big version on the latter.
    • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I would like to start watching this but missed the first two series. Anyone know if there is a way to catch up with them before the third season starts?
    • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Spoiler, spoiler, spoiler.

Plot outline for ep 1 for those who want it. Link but no text to keep people spoiler-free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2011/wk4/unplaced.shtml#unplaced_human
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Anyone know when is this on? Its soon I'm sure as I've seen the ad a few times. :-)

Whoops just seen above post? Ignore me. Just getting into George drooling mode :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
      Forum Member
      Denise wrote: »
      I would like to start watching this but missed the first two series. Anyone know if there is a way to catch up with them before the third season starts?

Downloading a torrent of each series is probably your best bet. Unless you want to buy the DVDs.

[
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
      Forum Member
      I bought the first series on iTunes for my computer. You could do that, I s'pose. Or just, yeah, buy the DVDs.
      Forum Member
      KBBJ wrote: »
      Spoiler, spoiler, spoiler.

Plot outline for ep 1 for those who want it. Link but no text to keep people spoiler-free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2011/wk4/unplaced.shtml#unplaced_human

Week 4 unplaced, 23rd it is then (assuming it's airing Sundays again).
    • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Cannot wait!!! :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,795
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Orin wrote: »

Now really excited after reading that - thanks for the link :D
      Forum Member
      am trying really hard not to crack and read S3 spoilers...:eek:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      When do we all move over to a new Series 3 thread?
    • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The week leading up to the 23rd probably. I usually create a topic before the series starts and we use it to discuss everything in there, spoiler free. :)