Options

Are pain & mobile phone connected

Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My husband keeps his phone in his jean pocket, he started to get pain in that leg, this went on for weeks, after this discussion at work, i suggested he put his phone in the opposite pocket, which he did and sure enough the pain went and then started in the other leg.
Has anyone else experenced similar pains from people that carry their mobile in clothes pockets

Comments

• Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does he own a Motorola phone

http://www.retrobrick.com/motomicro.html

or is he just pleased to see you ?
  • Options
    !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it's physically pressing on a nerve (which it won't be on the front) then the pain is not actually caused by the device..

The problem is the placebo effect: he was expecting the pain to move, and it did. It's very powerful.

The mobile phenomenon is also pretty well known. I, for example, often feel the vibration of my phone in my pocket, whether it's gone off or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does he own a Motorola phone

http://www.retrobrick.com/motomicro.html

or is he just pleased to see you ?

Funny enough! ... No two both questions :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Unless it's physically pressing on a nerve (which it won't be on the front) then the pain is not actually caused by the device..

The problem is the placebo effect: he was expecting the pain to move, and it did. It's very powerful.

The mobile phenomenon is also pretty well known. I, for example, often feel the vibration of my phone in my pocket, whether it's gone off or not.

I cant say im convinced, i know if i have been on my phone for some time, i get an pain in my head, on the very side i held my phone and my sister has also experienced pain in her leg, and she keeps her phone in her jean pocket, so i have my doubts but where can men keep their phones apart from in their pockets
  • Options
    wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I cant say im convinced, i know if i have been on my phone for some time, i get an pain in my head, on the very side i held my phone and my sister has also experienced pain in her leg, and she keeps her phone in her jean pocket, so i have my doubts but where can men keep their phones apart from in their pockets

in their man bag
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. As said your husband was expecting the pain to move and it did. Your husband, your sister and yourself have all convinced yourselves the devices cause you pain when its actually psychological pain not physical. You're expecting something to happen so your brain tells you it does.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    front or back pocket. If its back pocket then read this,

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1725481

even if its the front pocket, its possible the phone could be pressing on a nerve depending on shape of pocket and size of phone.

TBH, the best thing to do if its causing pain is to stop putting it in that pocket !
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. As said your husband was expecting the pain to move and it did. Your husband, your sister and yourself have all convinced yourselves the devices cause you pain when its actually psychological pain not physical. You're expecting something to happen so your brain tells you it does.

I recommend a homeopathic treatment. The best cure for a psychosomatic pain is a placebo effect medicine!

:)

(Seriously though, if it is a serious pain, go to a doctor not a forum)