Options

Sarah Millican..................is there a single panel show she wont appear on ??

Comments

• Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Another celebrity edition of that show would be a good excuse for her to rattle on about her divorce and, of course, weight!
  • Options
    darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm not even safe on youtube now,they recomend i watch clips from milicans TV show or clips of her on QI - is nowhere safe from the woman !!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timebug wrote: »
    ...and about as 'funny' as the other one
    who is a bit ubiquitous at the moment, one
    Miranda Hart.
    For reasons beyond my ken,both women
    imagine themselves to be somehow hilarious.
    Baffled!

i am baffled too but I really like Miranda Hart in Call the Midwife. She is great as a drama actress, I think that is her forte, not comedy.
  • Options
    Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    kiteflyer wrote: »
    She seems to be everywhere just now.

It's not even "just now" - she's been forced in our faces like this since around 2010!!! It's absolutely crazy. I still don't understand how she's become this runaway success, nor do I understand the media's obsession with her. Although I suspect the BBC probably like her 'cause she fills an equality quota or two. ;) But there really isn't any excuse for this level of overexposure when she's so one note.

I know we all have different tastes but I don't know how anyone can find her funny. I hate vulgar/too much information style humour and I avoid it like the plague, but with the way SM is thrust at us constantly it's really hard to not catch sight and sound of her now and then. :mad:
  • Options
    kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not even "just now" - she's been forced in our faces like this since around 2010!!! It's absolutely crazy. I still don't understand how she's become this runaway success, nor do I understand the media's obsession with her. Although I suspect the BBC probably like her 'cause she fills an equality quota or two. ;) But there really isn't any excuse for this level of overexposure when she's so one note.

I know we all have different tastes but I don't know how anyone can find her funny. I hate vulgar/too much information style humour and I avoid it like the plague, but with the way SM is thrust at us constantly it's really hard to not catch sight and sound of her now and then. :mad:

Is she really a runaway success though? I don't think she is on the same level as Peter Kay or Michael McIntyre in the success stakes and I don't know anyone who would go out and buy her DVDs or buy a ticket to go and see her on stage(although there must be one or two folk out there :confused:) I think you may be right about the equality thing as I can think of no other reason why we are saturated with her on TV. She is a comedy bore.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe it. That bloody women is on TV again. BBC2 at this very moment. Can producers at BBC not take a hint?
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Listened to here for 5 minutes, could not take any more. I am a geordie but cannot stand here monotonous delivery. The jokes are rubbish but the audience start laughing throughout. I dont get it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take off her glasses and she's the spit of Holly Willoughby.
  • Options
    BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've laughed loads tonight.
    The Kirstie Allsop bit was great.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take off her glasses and she's the spit of Holly Willoughby.

Eh ?? :confused:
    Are you insulting Holly or flattering Sarah ? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh ?? :confused:
    Are you insulting Holly or flattering Sarah ? :D

Take your pick :D
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take your pick :D

Haha :D
  • Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    I don't believe it. That bloody women is on TV again. BBC2 at this very moment. Can producers at BBC not take a hint?

The show is part of a scheduled series, she didn't just pop up to annoy you.

Don't you understand the concept of TV or did you just want to contribute an inane comment ?
  • Options
    harrypalmerharrypalmer Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »

It would be a bit odd if she didn't feature in her own programme.
    It beats me why anyone who seeks to avoid her would tune into a programme with her name in the title. It's just backward.
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen her live and me and her had a bit of a chat. While I think she stole my thunder seeing as I am a plump Geordie with glasses (and contacts) and am pretty rude I actually think she's a nice enough lass. Her TV show is tripe like and she's rammed down our throats on telly. I know you have to make your money while you can and everyone has a shelf life but there is a fine line between making the most of it and milking it and she has taken a huge step across that line. I find myself avoiding things she's on because to be honest I've heard it all before. Ross Noble I'd watch loads though - he is bordering on the insane at times and is different rather than me Mam, me boyfriend, me cat and me fanny.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me Mam, me boyfriend, me cat and me fanny.

Is that the Geordie version of The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover? :eek:
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the announcer warns at the beginning about strong language on Sarah Millican's show, they probably mean from all the posters on here, effing and blinding because she's on TV yet again!
  • Options
    Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be a bit odd if she didn't feature in her own programme.
    It beats me why anyone who seeks to avoid her would tune into a programme with her name in the title. It's just backward.

Seems "grumpy" has a hard time taking a "hint"... or, rather, a hard time comprehending the starkest, simplest things. :D

Still, it's not as if this thread is about anything other than warning others about Sneaky Sarah. It's not some low bile-bilge depository! How very dare you! (as the "other" "other one" says).
  • Options
    sealionsealion Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Heads up!! She's on again tonight BBC1 A Night With The Stars. This is a Scientific Documentary!!!!!!

Please tell me what this woman knows about science.

Yet another programme I can't watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sealion wrote: »
    Heads up!! She's on again tonight BBC1 A Night With The Stars. This is a Scientific Documentary!!!!!!

Just saw this in my TV mag :eek:
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The BBC do seem to be obsessed with shoe-horning celebs in to most programs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's supposedly helping out with an experiment .

Let's hope nothing goes horribly wrong ;)
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member

Isn't this a repeat? I'm sure she was on this a year or two ago. Was Simon Pegg on it tonight?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't this a repeat? I'm sure she was on this a year or two ago. Was Simon Pegg on it tonight?

Yes it was
  • Options
    Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the TV listings magazine in my paper today the Millican thing will be on Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe next Thursday. fingers on the fast forward button during her segment I think.
This discussion has been closed.