US 'X-Factor' Judge Cheryl Cole REPLACED by Nicole Scherzinger

Comments

• monkey brainsmonkey brains Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    We've been played!

They took ages to announce who was doing the USA one...meanwhile the UK one falls apart. Nicole Sherzinger was such a good judge in the auditions she was never going to just present. Now she's taken over in USA, Cheryl can come back and save UK X Factor in a blaze of glory and bish bash bosh everyone's a winnah!
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    Nicole was okay on the UK series, but really nothing special. I don't get the hype - she was essentially a blander, less feisty version of Cheryl. She has nothing to her, essentially, and for a show like TXF, that's so focused around the mentors & their rivalries, that's not what you want in a judge.

When Cheryl was introduced to the UK panel, I'd say that she was easily the most controversial member of GA (mostly for the punching incident & for Ashley Cole), and that's probably why she was picked. Obviously she was known for her singing career as well, but IMO that took a backseat; they wanted somebody to replace a controversial female (Sharon), so they picked somebody who could get the tabloids talking.

As for the Dannii comparison, it's a dumb one to make because they're playing entirely different roles on the panel. As a judge, Cheryl is there to create controversy and look pretty; Nicole would be able to pull off the latter, but she wouldn't manage the former. She'd be an okay (but not great) replacement for Dannii, but not for Cheryl.

But they need a Dannii role on the panel. Paula's more than adept to act like Sharon. It could be that they felt Paula and Cheryl were too alike and needed a calmer influence on the panel.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    But they need a Dannii role on the panel. Paula's more than adept to act like Sharon. It could be that they felt Paula and Cheryl were too alike and needed a calmer influence on the panel.
    Why do they need a Dannii role? It's a different show. There's no Louis role, why do they need a Dannii?
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this true? Feels too soon for this to happen. She wouldn't be 'sacked' anyway unless she had done something wrong. She might have decided to leave or she might have a visa problem. It's not as if the show is on air and the ratings have dived, it's only right at the start of production. It surely can't be that no one at all can understand her accent, that sort of idea, that Americans are foreign-illiterate is grossly exaggerated and she's quite capable of moderating her accent and comments for the local audience. Will have to wait and see whether it's true.
  • jammie82ukjammie82uk Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    just a crazy wild idea and complete utter guess but what if nicole has swapped places with cheryl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Simon done it with that woman cant remember her name something kelly on bgt, and then the louis walsh brian thing, this has made so much news on digitalspy and other sites about cheryl going to america, it won't suprised me if she is back on usa one, just before they start filming esp as there is still space and itv probably want to keep morethan just louis on the original panel. Bet she will be overpaid for going back 2 the uk
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant really fail without trying first. Maybe Simon knows UK x-factor needs her with Dani gone

I would be ashamed to crawl back to the UK XF now...she could't wait to get out of the UK so lets hope she stays in the states
  • OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this 100% true, cos everywhere i read it it says things like

Cheryl Axed?

All question marks over it. Im not 100% taking this in at the moment, I think she may be standing in for Cheryl if she is ill or something, and Steve is presenting alone- and so all this has kicked off- maybe someone started a rumour who was watching an audition or something>
  • PCBHPCBH Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    b*oody hope not!:(

favourite post of the night :D

Big knock though. Cant be a good feeling.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    Nicole was okay on the UK series, but really nothing special. I don't get the hype - she was essentially a blander, less feisty version of Cheryl. She has nothing to her, essentially, and for a show like TXF, that's so focused around the mentors & their rivalries, that's not what you want in a judge.

When Cheryl was introduced to the UK panel, I'd say that she was easily the most controversial member of GA (mostly for the punching incident & for Ashley Cole), and that's probably why she was picked. Obviously she was known for her singing career as well, but IMO that took a backseat; they wanted somebody to replace a controversial female (Sharon), so they picked somebody who could get the tabloids talking.

As for the Dannii comparison, it's a dumb one to make because they're playing entirely different roles on the panel. As a judge, Cheryl is there to create controversy and look pretty; Nicole would be able to pull off the latter, but she wouldn't manage the former. She'd be an okay (but not great) replacement for Dannii, but not for Cheryl.

I think Cheryl would have Dannii's seat in the X Factor USA Panel, I think they'll have Simon and Paula reunited next to each other, so it'll then be Cheryl next to L.A., I don't really see Cheryl creating controversy in the states, she's said herself apparently there is nothing controversial about her accent, and Simon hasn't beaten her acts once in 3 years on the UK show, so if anyone was to transfer over, it would be her. It's a stupid decision, but I don't see it drumming up controversy and making people tune in to see what she's like.

Blander and Less feisty than "I have nothing to say about that performance other than listen to the audience" Cheryl? She couldn't commit to an opinion if there was a gun pointed to her head, I said weeks ago I didn't think it would go down well over there, she's not nearly feisty enough or ballsy enough anymore.

I used to love her when she was the 2nd most trashy member of GA (after Sarah Harding obv) but now she's too preened, too reserved and her every action comes across contrived and I don't think the yanks will have taken too well to it.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe despite all the positive response thus far, when they've edited the programme it just isn't working.

Maybe... just maybe there's a problem with the presenting team, that having two presenters just isn't working. I did wonder if Nicole being given the role was a compromise between the network who wanted her as a judge and Simon who wanted Cheryl. If that's the case Nicole would undoubtedly have the tighter contract than Cheryl so if it isn't working out on the presenting side she has been shifted to the judging role at Cheryls expense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Why do they need a Dannii role? It's a different show. There's no Louis role, why do they need a Dannii?

L.A. Reid may fill the Louis role - Louis' the most successful manager on the UK panel and plays the joker; we know little about L.A. Reid, he may act the same way, especially if he just sees it as a bit of fun.

I wouldn't say a Dannii role is needed as such, but two 'Sharon's' are not needed. I don't think the dynamic would be right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    This clearly has something to do with the situation with the UK Factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    On the UK XF yes but the US one is different and the roles are kinda mixed up. Paula is the fiesty, contraversial one that bounces off Simon and Nicole will play the pretty one who gives constructive advice. All of the judges need a defined role and Paula and Cheryl always seemed a strange choice as they are essentially playing the same part.

I agree that the roles are different on the US version, but I don't think that Paula & Cheryl would be playing the same role at all, so long as the execs avoided having them both bicker with Simon. Paula would be the wacky maternal older one, whereas LA Reid would be there to give constructive criticism, & Cheryl would be there to be pretty & get the tabloids talking. (& as pretty as Nicole is, I don't think the cameras love her half as much as they love Cheryl.)

What about LA Reid? He seems to be there as the serious/'constructive' judge (I'm assuming now that they won't be casting him in a Louis role), and they don't need two of them. Cheryl serves a dual purpose (she's pretty and controversial), whereas Nicole only serves one.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    L.A. Reid may fill the Louis role - Louis' the most successful manager on the UK panel and plays the joker; we know little about L.A. Reid, he may act the same way, especially if he just sees it as a bit of fun.

I wouldn't say a Dannii role is needed as such, but two 'Sharon's' are not needed. I don't think the dynamic would be right.
    He's not filling the Louis role. Reports from people at the tapings have been saying that he's more of a Simon withouth the humerous similes.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMiz wrote: »

yes, obviously! the auditions start next week. wrong choice simon, he should have brought back dannii!
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    They can't understand her accent! :P
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope this is not true for her sake. Can you imagine how she would feel. Even if you are not her fan you can not deny how cruel and harsh this is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    He's not filling the Louis role. Reports from people at the tapings have been saying that he's more of a Simon withouth the humerous similes.

Cheers. :)

Wow, he could be the most serious reality judge TV has ever seen. :eek::D As I said, though, it's not as much a Dannii role is needed but that two Sharon's are not.
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMiz wrote: »

I wonder if she's been offered more money to do the uk? I can imagine the whole "We lost Simon, we lost Cheryl and we lost Dannii". Cue little Louis Walsh sitting himself looking at three empty chairs as Westlife belt out one of their many original hits and then the door opens and Cheryl walks in.

And Louis says "F**k that" and walks out :D
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I don't believe it. For Cole it would be the most gigantic humiliation!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously they saw through her lack of credibility.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I never saw Nicole as a part time presenter

IMO its all a set up for Cheryl to come back and 'save' the Xfactor

This may have had something to do with Danni leaving
  • OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get this massive need to constantly have 'Sharons' and 'Cheryls' 'Louis' and Danniis- people are who they are and yes chemistry is important but they shouldnt be copying people.

I think if true- cheryl is probs too similar to paula- that said Nicole seems void of personality. I did say two presenters wouldnt work which may well be another reason. If true- going to look dodgy watching it isnt it. The equiviliant for UK would be, one minute Simon, Cheryl, Dannii and Louis juding the next- Danniis sacked and dermots sitting with them lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be kidding if you really think that Cheryl has carefully been axed from US XF just to come back to the UK version. I'm sure her PR team will try to spin it that way, but lets face it. She was sacked from US XF cause she was crap on it.