Once upon a Time series 3 DVD

PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know where I can purchase OUAT series 3 DVD Region 2 (Europe)? I can find a series 3 Region 1 DVD (US) on Amazon but I can't play that on my DVD player as it's too old? It's easy to find series 1 and 2 DVDs but not series 3, which Channel 5 annoyingly cancelled :cry:

HMV online only has series 1 and 2 available.

Comments

• fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should buy a multi region dvd player can be had very cheap now days around £30 with Blu Ray its different as these much more this is cheap though
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Compact-Scart-Multi-Region-DVD-CD-Player-MP3-JPEG-Playback-DVP-SR170-/171019843312
    Then just order from the US.
    Though did hear it is meant to be coming out but its not listed for us yet.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its out in the UK on 20th Oct

Otherwise order from US, and it can play on multi region dvd's
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should buy a multi region dvd player can be had very cheap now days around £30 with Blu Ray its different as these much more this is cheap though
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Compact-Scart-Multi-Region-DVD-CD-Player-MP3-JPEG-Playback-DVP-SR170-/171019843312
    Then just order from the US.
    Though did hear it is meant to be coming out but its not listed for us yet.
    Lennie wrote: »
    I think its out in the UK on 20th Oct

Otherwise order from US, and it can play on multi region dvd's

Thank you peeps. May wait until I October but probably time to buy a multi region player.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said the Bluray will be more expensive but they are multi region as standard I believe.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only 12.99 on ebay and it's much cheaper than what the UK versions of 1 and 2 were.

If you have a computer that plays dvds just download (free) VLC player and watch it there as it bypasses regions...but you'd be better off getting a multi region dvd player.

I've been using a multi region for 10 years, would never not use one because I can't rely on the UK to release stuff.

I've also seen a few times that it's out in October but I haven't been able to actually see that confirmed on any dvd websites, perhaps someone could supply a link for that.

I'm just going to get the region 1 though as it makes no difference to me what region it is. Season 3 is awesome by the way.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing though which can be a bit annoying is the NTSC ones do play a tiny bit slower or our PAL ones a bit faster so have a higher pitch in the voices.
    I had this with my star trek sets.
  • sahmrawsahmraw Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am waiting for it to come out on Netflix (USA) which I get by subscribing to www.unblock-us.com and using their DNS settings. Get most US programmes on there and more seasons, e.g. continuum has up to season 3 on it and only up to season 2 on UK version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for feedback. I'll wait to see if it comes out in October first. I'll probably get a multi region player in any case, as my DVD player needs updating. I've heard about Netflix. I'll check it out as well.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Appreciate that the original question is about the DVD version of season 3, but just to confirm, for anyone that wants to know, the US season 3 blu rays are region free. Imported it last week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing though which can be a bit annoying is the NTSC ones do play a tiny bit slower or our PAL ones a bit faster so have a higher pitch in the voices.
    I had this with my star trek sets.

My DVD player has a function that supports NTSC so something to bare in mind if you upgrade your player sometimes as I haven't had a similar issue and used a lot of region 1 DVDS.
    Bester wrote: »
    Appreciate that the original question is about the DVD version of season 3, but just to confirm, for anyone that wants to know, the US season 3 blu rays are region free. Imported it last week.

Thanks for sharing that, I really want to get a blu-ray player as I think Once is the type of show that needs to be on blu ray to appreciate the effects. :cool:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sahmraw wrote: »
    I am waiting for it to come out on Netflix (USA) .

Your wait is over .. S3 is up on Netflix US
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you might be able to find a code for your dvd player to make it play multi-region dvds if you search online. Thats what I did.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you might be able to find a code for your dvd player to make it play multi-region dvds if you search online. Thats what I did.
    Yes what he said as far as I know all DVD players are multi-region it's just some have the function disabled a code enables it again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll look into it. Thanks :)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your wait is over .. S3 is up on Netflix US

hoping that it comes out on Netflix UK then soon if it on the US version :)
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I unlocked my DVD player years back and it plays everything. So I will be buying from ebay.:D
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the season 3 dvd region locked. I am thinking of importing this, as I have given up hope of a uk broadcaster now.

Anyone imported and is it region locked?

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought it and its Region One, now I did buy from ebay UK and the seller did state any DVD player made after 2006 will play this. My DVD player I unlocked its quite simple to do if you get the code, widely available online, you just need the player model number to search.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got this as a Christmas present and while it's an amazing season and the extras are great, I have no issues with that side of the show.

The picture quality sucks so much, I can't believe they still produce DVD's of this quality in America. Even episodes I watched online looked better and were in HD so I'm a little disappointed and think I'll be getting season 4 and any others on blu ray.
  • romcomqueenromcomqueen Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Anybody know when this is released? I was keeping an eye on a European seller on Amazon and it was down to £17, now Amazon are fulfilling it at £27. Is there a reason why it is not being released in the UK?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be as it was not shown on UK TV, they never released it???? RTE the Irish Channel show it, we have just started season 4 yesterday.

I know with Supernatural season 9, I had to buy the Region 1 version, its only been released UK version now as E4 showed it a few months back. I don't expect season 10 to be released for the UK until next year, as E4 are going to start showing later this year.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Netflix UK have got the whole of season 3 of Once Upon A Time for a while now so there is no reason why it won't be released on DVD in the UK soon

Especially as Netflix UK were showing episodes straight after they were shown on US TV which it seems they will be doing with season 4 when it starts!
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Amazon UK now has season 3 listed for a 14 March release date, and there are provisional pages up for season 4 as well which suggests it'll be out very soon after.

This must be as a result of being on Netflix UK for a year, at a guess

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Upon-A-Time-Season-3-DVD/dp/B01BGPU2XW/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1AMWG7Z7PFTKC1Q4V1XV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Upon-Time-Season-DVD/dp/B016BEA8UA/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1JCZF5RKC48MMP9CQ0R4
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon UK now has season 3 listed for a 14 March release date, and there are provisional pages up for season 4 as well which suggests it'll be out very soon after.

This must be as a result of being on Netflix UK for a year, at a guess

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Upon-A-Time-Season-3-DVD/dp/B01BGPU2XW/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1AMWG7Z7PFTKC1Q4V1XV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Upon-Time-Season-DVD/dp/B016BEA8UA/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1JCZF5RKC48MMP9CQ0R4

They're both available already

Season Four
    Season Three
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Yeah there have been different region 2 variants, but it seems there's finally going to be official UK versions coming out