Options

EE: Summerhayes calling herself a "bent copper"

MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
Forum Member
✭✭
Did anyone else hear this?

In last night's episode of EE (Monday 13 October), when Max and Emma were having their top secret chat in her car right outside Max's house for anyone to see, she called herself a bent copper.

Do you think she was just referring to the fact she had it away with one of the suspects or do you think this is a clue to other dodgy dealings she could be involved in?

Comments

• Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear this?

In last night's episode of EE (Monday 13 October), when Max and Emma were having their top secret chat in her car right outside Max's house for anyone to see, she called herself a bent copper.

Do you think she was just referring to the fact she had it away with one of the suspects or do you think this is a clue to other dodgy dealings she could be involved in?

I thought she was referring to the affair with a suspect. I don't think she's any more "bent" than that. There's just something about her that doesn't suggest bent cop.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    she was just referring to the fact she had it away with one of the suspects
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She called herself a bent cop because she was having a affair with a suspect. Bent is the right word though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would probably lose her job over it, but if she's staying in the programme she would need to lose it anyway. You are only allowed to work at The Vic, on the market, R and R, The Albert, The Archies, The Café, Beales Plaice, The Minute Mart or the Laundrette if you live in Albert Square - thems the rules!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would probably lose her job over it, but if she's staying in the programme she would need to lose it anyway. You are only allowed to work at The Vic, on the market, R and R, The Albert, The Archies, The Café, Beales Plaice, The Minute Mart or the Laundrette if you live in Albert Square - thems the rules!

That's true. If they attempt to find work outside, they will be fall from the roof of the nearest pub (Bradley) or become an arsonist (Alfie).

Tough rules living on the Square but the social life is great and you have endless money to spend in the pub/cafe.
  • Options
    shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

don't forget the car lot and at a push you can do a few shifts at McKlunkies (sp?) or the Argie Bahrgie (sp?) and whatever Scarletts is called nowadays? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't forget the car lot and at a push you can do a few shifts at McKlunkies (sp?) or the Argie Bahrgie (sp?) and whatever Scarletts is called nowadays? :)

Ha ha! This is so true. Yes, everyone is able to do a few shifts somewhere...don't worry about clearing it with the boss.

All you need is the apron (the cafe), or the money bag (a market stall) and you're good to go. Don't worry about knowing prices, or how to cook anything - as long as you have the apron/money bag, it'll be fine.

:)
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's true. If they attempt to find work outside, they will be fall from the roof of the nearest pub (Bradley) or become an arsonist (Alfie).

Tough rules living on the Square but the social life is great and you have endless money to spend in the pub/cafe.

Be fair Moj, Alfie never looked beyond what he could see through his front room for a job, despite the literal tens of thousands of jobs available within 10 miles of Walford's approximate location.

First he whinged at Aleks because Alfie himself is absolutely incompetent at running a tat stall. He got it back once before due to his own stupidity then skived off the very next day.

Then he whinged at Mick to give him some shifts. Knowing what Mick does about Alfie: a) he is lazy, b) he is incompetent, and c) he once did a runner whilst formerly managing Mick's pub, it is absolutely no surprise to me that he didn't want the scumbag working for him.

After all those possible myriad job opportunities were dried up - 2 down out of exactly 37,414 within 2 underground stops of his home according to a leading job site, and after a quick whinge at the bank manager for not being creditworthy, he did what any sane person would do and burnt Mo's house down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Be fair Moj, Alfie never looked beyond what he could see through his front room for a job, despite the literal tens of thousands of jobs available within 10 miles of Walford's approximate location.

First he whinged at Aleks because Alfie himself is absolutely incompetent at running a tat stall. He got it back once before due to his own stupidity then skived off the very next day.

Then he whinged at Mick to give him some shifts. Knowing what Mick does about Alfie: a) he is lazy, b) he is incompetent, and c) he once did a runner whilst formerly managing Mick's pub, it is absolutely no surprise to me that he didn't want the scumbag working for him.

After all those possible myriad job opportunities were dried up - 2 down out of exactly 37,414 within 2 underground stops of his home according to a leading job site, and after a quick whinge at the bank manager for not being creditworthy, he did what any sane person would do and burnt Mo's house down.

I love the amount of work you put into this. Well done. :D

Alfie is useless. If he is unable to leave the streets of Albert Square, Bridge Street etc, he could have gone to the bookies (if Shirley can get a job there, Alfie can FFS), the Indian clothes shop that we sometimes see, sometimes don't. He could have gone to Les Coker - after all, Les seems to be a one-man band and Alfie's mug would fit in at a funeral.

Anyway, we're going off topic.

We need to find Emma a new job, now that she'll be a regular resident (probably) and as we've decided, you can't possibly work elsewhere.

How about working with Winston on the CD stall? That must be busy, what with the popularity of CDs these days...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we will discover that Emma has always had a passion for bar work, in fact like 95% of all soap characters she has probably "done a bit of bar work" in the past and will no doubt be working in The Albert by Easter.

(Love the Alfie posts btw :) )
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she is certainly not fit to be a copper.

She always reminds me of Bambi and has victim stamped on her bloody forehead.

She is lucky she only got involved with Max - Philth would have caused her to commit suicide within a week.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about working with Winston on the CD stall? That must be busy, what with the popularity of CDs these days...

From CID to CD :D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Max was ruled out as a suspect, I honestly don't see what she has done wrong
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    She called herself a bent cop because she was having a affair with a suspect. Bent is the right word though.

Yes, definitely bent - as in being bent over by Max. Bent indeed is the word - agreed.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She missed out "bent...... over the kitchen table".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Max was ruled out as a suspect, I honestly don't see what she has done wrong
    It would be frowned upon because Max was sleeping with the victim at the time of her death and the crime is still unsolved. Of course Max has super powers over women so she couldn't resist him, maybe she should use that as her defence.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This character is a total embarrassment, I can't bear to listen to her spout her ridiculous dialogue in that wooden manner. Everything about her is ludicrous

'I wanted to be a policewoman since I was a little girl'

Keeble spoke for me by telling her to shut the **** up...at least that's how I imagined it.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Emma but she really is weak police woman. She should become more like keeble who I want to know more about her backstory now! I was interested when she told Emma
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant help but think of her as Topsy and Tim's Mum!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be frowned upon because Max was sleeping with the victim at the time of her death and the crime is still unsolved. Of course Max has super powers over women so she couldn't resist him, maybe she should use that as her defence.

SPOILER - THURSDAY 16 OCTOBER:

Desperate to win back Emma, Max goes to Keeble to try and patch things up and get Emma her job back.

Keeble stands strong and tells Max that Emma crossed a line and needs to be punished. Max shuffles over to her, puts his hands on his hips and angles his bum towards the camera, telling Keeble that he too needs to be punished and they make passionate love right there in the custody suite.

The next day, Max shuffles over to the Vic to drown his sorrows with his usual whiskey. Aunt Babe asks if he is OK and he confesses everything to her, breaking down in tears. Aunt Babe comforts him and before weknow it, they are making love right there in the beer cellar.

Max's powers have now spread across the entire Square...his mission is complete.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Desperate to win back Emma, Max goes to Keeble to try and patch things up and get Emma her job back.

Keeble stands strong and tells Max that Emma crossed a line and needs to be punished. Max shuffles over to her, puts his hands on his hips and angles his bum towards the camera, telling Keeble that he too needs to be punished and they make passionate love right there in the custody suite.

The next day, Max shuffles over to the Vic to drown his sorrows with his usual whiskey. Aunt Babe asks if he is OK and he confesses everything to her, breaking down in tears. Aunt Babe comforts him and before weknow it, they are making love right there in the beer cellar.

Max's powers have now spread across the entire Square...his mission is complete.

:D I would love to know what it is about Max that makes him so damn irresistible to women. Bald, running a cruddy little car lot in a crummy little street - he is hardly catch of the century.
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, definitely bent - as in being bent over by Max. Bent indeed is the word - agreed.

Yes I know that's why I said it was the right word lol. :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She is merely incompetent
  • Options
    niki1969niki1969 Posts: 153
    Forum Member

:D:D:D. That's made my afternoon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    Yes I know that's why I said it was the right word lol. :D

Yes agreed - thought so. Thought that was what you meant by that, lol - and just felt like pointing it out, too btw.