What happens to all these products/orders?

2»

Comments

• soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The tasks are becoming far too 'Generation Game' like for me. Were there not more job-specific tasks in the first series and in the USA version?
    The tasks could still be staged but what about rooting out the source of industrial espionage? Brokering a deal? Training a novice over a week, micro-managing or creating new file systems - you know the boring ass crap almost all in business actually have to do?
    What if anyone, particularly those eating the girls' team's food, had become ill as a result of the catering task. The teams, as far as I could see, were not briefed in hygiene, food prep and storage or any of the basics!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bob22A wrote: »
    Well neither of the products meet the criteria. They were supposed to design a product that could be retailed for under £30 which would mean a manufactured cost of about £10

It would have taken a miracle to make the Body Rocker in those timescales. Soft Tooling for prototype would take weeks plus the tooling would cost at least several hundred pounds. Then it would need to be approved to the appropriate EU directies before it could be "CE" marked and put on the market

Yes this is the first thing we said, they'd never produce that overnight. I know it's all time-compressed to fit into the programme format but trying to make the audience believe that a product like that could be designed and produced overnight is stretching credibility too far.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlackOpal wrote: »
    I liked the body rocker! I would buy it lol

me to!
  • Bob22ABob22A Posts: 6,830
    Forum Member
    soilhoof wrote: »
    The tasks are becoming far too 'Generation Game' like for me. Were there not more job-specific tasks in the first series and in the USA version?
    The tasks could still be staged but what about rooting out the source of industrial espionage? Brokering a deal? Training a novice over a week, micro-managing or creating new file systems - you know the boring ass crap almost all in business actually have to do?
    What if anyone, particularly those eating the girls' team's food, had become ill as a result of the catering task. The teams, as far as I could see, were not briefed in hygiene, food prep and storage or any of the basics!

This series is very disappointing so far. Almost no focus on the actual task of the developing of it.

The program amounted to lets appoint a project manager. Then lots of arguing and suddenly a product appears out of thin air.

Seems to be far too much promotion of the companies they are suposed to be trying to sell to.
  • SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    LOL

...but you miss the point. You get fit by carrying it around.

So it's a Bingo Buster as well? :D