Options

Eoghan Quigg "to make comeback"

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    my_login wrote: »
    Maybe he'll relaunch as a gangsta rapper leading his b*tches around on dog leads. Might work.

Lol.

He can do a comeback tour with Brokstein.

21st Sept Mecca bingo Wolverhampton

22nd Sept Mecca bingo Aberdeen

23rd Sept Mecca Bingo Hartlepool

24th Sept Mecca Bingo Bradford

Resting

26th Sept Mecca Bingo Burnley

27th Sept Mecca Bingo Bury

28th Sept Mecca Bingo Mitcham
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I think it says a lot that his dad is doing a bit of promotion for him. Pushy parents maybe? Or if not that, I think he's looking at Eoghan through rose-tinted glasses.

See, I can sing and my parents encourage me to act upon it and stuff (including getting the X Factor number for me :p), but I know that if I wanted to give up everything to have a go at being a superstar for the SECOND time then they would sit me down and gently tell me that I'm not good enough to be able to do that. It's not harsh, it's sensible. That's what Eoghan needs, someone to gently tell him that he isn't talented enough (though someday maybe he will be) to take on the world and get anything out of it. He's still very young and I'm sure the Butlins circuit etc would welcome him, and that would more than pay the bills.

On a side note, this really does prove what some people criticise about The X Factor - that contestants are given the illusion that it really is that easy to get into the musi industry, and it isn't. Eoghan's managed it once before with the use of a nationwide audience and a lot of young girls in the audience, but that just isn't how it works. You can't just "make a comeback". You need enormous support to be able to do a comeback well. Look at Whitney Houston, the Backstreet Boys... even if you were really huge to begin with it's a very difficult task to make a comeback. Eoghan doesn't stand a chance I'm afraid. Time for him to make his peace and come back to the real world.
  • Options
    jadojado Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's great that eoghan is trying for a comeback and i wish him all the success in the world! He's gigged at butlins and he's now at pontins. If you looked at recent videos of him on youtube, he's got a lot more power in his voice. I really wish him the best! He's learning guitar and writing songs. he's finished his gcse's, i think his next step will be sending off music to find a deal. Good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe the music industry only gave him 8 days to record an album, that's terrible!
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone missed the Pilsbury Dough Boy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in this podcast eoghan talks about what it's like to be dropped. I admire him for carrying on!
    http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-230110-37m25s-xfactor-doconone.mp3

I mean, he was 16, on tour with boyzone, enjoying that and RCA didn't have the decency to ring him and say he was dropped. Imagine how that must have felt, being the support act for your idols, having to go out all happy and sing every night, knowing that your dream had been shattered. I really admire him for wanting to carry on, it shows that singing is his dream!
    He may not have the strongest voice in the world, but he has improved in a year!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucwjjqxJ8Xw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jado wrote: »
    in this podcast eoghan talks about what it's like to be dropped. I admire him for carrying on!
    http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-230110-37m25s-xfactor-doconone.mp3

I mean, he was 16, on tour with boyzone, enjoying that and RCA didn't have the decency to ring him and say he was dropped. Imagine how that must have felt, being the support act for your idols, having to go out all happy and sing every night, knowing that your dream had been shattered. I really admire him for wanting to carry on, it shows that singing is his dream!
    He may not have the strongest voice in the world, but he has improved in a year!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucwjjqxJ8Xw

Just watched that 'EQ video, Chasing cars' which seems to show a stronger voice from Eoghan than in XF, although he did a good rendering of 'Year 3,000 in the late live shows at the time.