TED - it looks cut from advert!

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when they're releasing the Ted merchandising line? Would love a Ted teddy bear (not sure whether that's something I should be admitting or not)....
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to be honest i don't think i caught the Airplane reference. Can someone please put it in spoiler tags for me so i can find out if i remember the gag or not.
  • Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Thankyou for 9/11'

'I thought it'd be funny if you thought I was retarded'
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    what was the airplane reference? :o

I went to see it last night. It was funny but i thought it was going to be funnier.
    Only the scenes featuring ted were funny and any other scenes he wasnt in i found myself yawning.

Am i the only one who finds mila kunis quite irritating? she irritated me in friends with benefits too.
  • NickVaughanNickVaughan Posts: 4,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what was the airplane reference? :o

I went to see it last night. It was funny but i thought it was going to be funnier.
    Only the scenes featuring ted were funny and any other scenes he wasnt in i found myself yawning.

Am i the only one who finds mila kunis quite irritating? she irritated me in friends with benefits too.

The Airplane reference , without giving too much away was John's flashback of how he and Lori met.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I am old enough to have got most of the jokes.
    Flash Gordon really is sooooooo bad it is goooooooooooooood.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it last night in a fairly packed cinema. A few small chuckles by some of the audience but for most of it, people sat staring at the screen and there was no real reaction.

I found it rather boring, the joke of a swearing, rude, drug taking teddy bear wore off after the first 5 minutes and it seemed like a "Family Guy" movie with constant sex/religion/drugs/Sept. 11th/fat people jokes. Way too predictable and clichéd and a huge let down for me. Only part that raised a small chuckle was Patrick Stewart's commentary, some gags got a smile but the rest was very flat.

I'd give it a 3/10.
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Saw it last night in a fairly packed cinema. A few small chuckles by some of the audience but for most of it, people sat staring at the screen and there was no real reaction.

I found it rather boring, the joke of a swearing, rude, drug taking teddy bear wore off after the first 5 minutes and it seemed like a "Family Guy" movie with constant sex/religion/drugs/Sept. 11th/fat people jokes. Way too predictable and clichéd and a huge let down for me. Only part that raised a small chuckle was Patrick Stewart's commentary, some gags got a smile but the rest was very flat.

I'd give it a 3/10.

No 9/11 gags, I don't remember any religion gags, but there was almost certainly too many fart jokes.There were quite a few laughs in the half-full cinema I saw it in....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found Ted extremely hilarious!

The people in the cinema found it hilarious too!

Mila Kunis Phowarrr ;)
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something wrong with some people. Maybe we should send out search parties for your Daily Mail reading Humour.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was great, but then again I was drooling over Mila Kunis most of the time.

Just a couple of things though,

1 - I hoped the woman who plays Lois in Family Guy was going to be in it some more
    2 - I seemed to be the only person in the Cinema who got the Pink Floyd reference
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Something wrong with some people. Maybe we should send out search parties for your Daily Mail reading Humour.

Well it was all incredibly predictable, lame humour. Surprised it's so well liked to be honest.
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I have to be honest i don't think i caught the Airplane reference. Can someone please put it in spoiler tags for me so i can find out if i remember the gag or not.
    It was went they went to a flashback of how they met and the dancing to Night Fever
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No1 at the UK box office for the 2nd week in a row. Go on Ted! Stick it to 'em! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No 9/11 gags, I don't remember any religion gags, but there was almost certainly too many fart jokes.There were quite a few laughs in the half-full cinema I saw it in....
    So that part at the start with the Jewish kid getting the crap beaten out of him just because he was a Jew isn't a religious joke? Also, Ted mentions 9/11 jokingly twice, the first time when he's doing hits from a bong on the couch at the start and I can't remember off hand the second joke but I definitely remember it being mentioned again later in the film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that part at the start with the Jewish kid getting the crap beaten out of him just because he was a Jew isn't a religious joke? Also, Ted mentions 9/11 jokingly twice, the first time when he's doing hits from a bong on the couch at the start and I can't remember off hand the second joke but I definitely remember it being mentioned again later in the film.
    He thanks the singer for 9/11 as she is a muslim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this today, I thought it wasn't that great although somewhat funny in places. It started off fine and then it just fell flat, weak by the end of the movie. I got bored of TED's filthy mouth and the religion/fat jokes/9/11 jokes etc didn't find all of them funny. Take away the crudeness of this movie all your left with is a very weak movie indeed. Mila and Mark do make a very goodlooking onscreen couple and have good chemistry. Personally, I would suggest wait for the DVD and if your easily offended then avoid it.
    Forum Member

Love how ALS/Motor Nurone/Lou Gherig's jokes are fine, but a few brief mentions of 9/11 (which were quite easy to miss) are inconceivably poor taste...,
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Ted yesterday. It was OK, but nothing special. The swearing became monotonous after a while, and very few people in the cinema over 20 were laughing.

6/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love how ALS/Motor Nurone/Lou Gherig's jokes are fine, but a few brief mentions of 9/11 (which were quite easy to miss) are inconceivably poor taste...,
    They were equally as unfunny, I honestly forgot about them, as I have about most of the film, because it was crap. The majority of the jokes in the film are completely flat and the whole premise of a swearing teddy bear wears thin after you hear him say the F word for the 10th time in as many minutes.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "What are you girls talking about, Channing Tatum's index finger?"

...it's funny because it's true :o
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed it in parts.....the Fight, the kidnap.....but most was a bit boring for me.

Not Mila Kunis.:p...and Laura Vandervoort.:p

5/10