Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Another thing that irritates me is plastic carrier bags that you can see through. I do have my own bags but occasionally I forget them and when I do forget and have to get a plastic carrier bag instead it annoys me that other people can clearly see the contents of my carrier bag. I don't want everyone on the bus to know what I just bought from the supermarket.

I saw a guy get onto a bus with two tubs of vaseline in his bag. It wasn't the vaseline, but the fact that one was a large tub and the other a small tub.

=

I can't find the song 'Get Away' by Soul II Soul on YouTube. It's one of the best songs on the particular album, Volume 5 - Believe, IIRC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I try to avoid escalators. If there are stairs I will use them instead. People stand too close to you and some people will try and pass you by walking up the escalator. I can understand people doing this if they are in a hurry and the ordinary staircases aren't nearby. I just make sure that I keep to the side so that anyone who wants to pass can do so but there is a shopping centre I go to where the stairs and the escalators are directly next to each other and when I see people walking up the escalators I think why don't you just use the staircase next to it.

If you were to travel up or down Angel underground escalator in London (the third longest in Europe) you wouldn't use the stairs.

London Underground - Longest Escalator in Angel Station
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQwERv8V6JA
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    People who jerk their head back violently when swallowing tablets. Just swallow them normally, ffs.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it that my shampoo comes in a 500ml bottle, but the conditioner is only 400ml :mad: :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Why is it that my shampoo comes in a 500ml bottle, but the conditioner is only 400ml :mad: :(

Why do some tubs of cream come in 225 ml sizes. Seems a strange size. Maybe it's a throwback to imperial measurements, e.g. 440 ml beer cans.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sky News iPhone app - and, more specifically, it's constant push notifications about them having a programme about Flight MH370.
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    I saw a guy get onto a bus with two tubs of vaseline in his bag. It wasn't the vaseline, but the fact that one was a large tub and the other a small tub.

I get what the Vaseline might indicate but what's the significance of one large and one small? Am I asking a very stupid question?! :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ratty0 wrote: »
    I get what the Vaseline might indicate but what's the significance of one large and one small? Am I asking a very stupid question?! :blush:

No. I found it a tad strange that he bought two different sized tubs, when we're talking about a quid or so difference in price.
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I found it a tad strange that he bought two different sized tubs, when we're talking about a quid or so difference in price.

Perhaps the smaller was a free offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alycidon wrote: »
    Perhaps the smaller was a free offer.

Good point.
  • Options
    superbass88superbass88 Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina McCall grrrrrr
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ratty0 wrote: »

His and hers, or his and his!!
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well not one person responds to your Facebook.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure someone has said this before (rather not go through 150+ pages) but one thing that really annoys me is the word "fandom", and it's implications...

"I'm in [insert band/popstar here]'s fandom because..."
    "[insert band/popstar here]'s fandom is the best fandom."

Seriously, saying that you're in a fandom makes you sound like you're part of a cult blindly/religiously following whatever that person says or does. Maybe a generalisation but you get the idea...
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happens at school frequently:

You're the first person to your class and the door is locked so you wait outside until a teacher lets you in. Then, some people in your class decide to see if the door is locked.
    Hello, if it was unlocked, do you think I would just randomly be standing outside the room like an idiot. It really annoys me>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at a museum today and there was a couple and their young child, probably about two years old, there too. Mum kept calling her child 'Baby'. "Baby, come and have a look a this", "baby, there's something you can play with here". Mum was pregnant, so goodness knows how "baby" will cope when another "baby" comes along. Aaargghhhhhhh............
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you are due to go out and are perfectly fine right up until 10 minutes before when you suddenly need to take a long poo
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    When you are due to go out and are perfectly fine right up until 10 minutes before when you suddenly need to take a long poo

:o

Imagine if you have a taxi on it's way :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was at a museum today and there was a couple and their young child, probably about two years old, there too. Mum kept calling her child 'Baby'. "Baby, come and have a look a this", "baby, there's something you can play with here". Mum was pregnant, so goodness knows how "baby" will cope when another "baby" comes along. Aaargghhhhhhh............
    How do you know the child wasn't called Baby?

There are a lot of stupid names about these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Two door cars - why?
  • Options
    Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    How do you know the child wasn't called Baby?

There are a lot of stupid names about these days.

Call the other one "sprog" "kid" "girl/boy" "littleun" "child" or "bab.eee"
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who stop for you at a zebra crossing and then gun their engine full throttle and squeal their tires after you've crossed. I mean geez, if you're in that much of a hurry, maybe you shouldn't have stopped at all. :D Just so dramatic I guess.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buying stuff at Iceland and receiving a printed coupon with my receipt for something I just bought. >:(
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys named Thomas writing the shortened version of their name as 'Thom' rather than 'Tom'. The argument for it would of course be that there's an H in Thomas but it just seems a bit pretentious to me. I always read it as "Thhhom".
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're right, but as I've never had flu, I can't be sure.

You would certainly know if you had the flu. You ache all over and can barely raise your head off the pillow!
This discussion has been closed.