Options

Illegal immigrants abusing our library

Comments

• Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Wake up and smell the flowers instead of what you put on them to make them grow!

Until we all stop supporting political parties full of bleeding heart liberals, asylum seeker sympathisers and human rights supporters, expect more of the same.

Welcome to Britain.:(

Not those fiends again.
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wake up and smell the flowers instead of what you put on them to make them grow!

Until we all stop supporting political parties full of bleeding heart liberals, asylum seeker sympathisers and human rights supporters, expect more of the same.

Oh my god, don't say that on here, you'll be accused of allsorts.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    Because the library staff told me, which is why they are banning them when caught. Which is why they're asking them for ID and promptly marching people out of the door who are abusing it.

FFS, wake up!

If they're marching them out of the door, why is there even a thread? They're dealing with it.

There are people who'd love problems like yours.
  • Options
    WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the library staff told me, which is why they are banning them when caught. Which is why they're asking them for ID and promptly marching people out of the door who are abusing it.

FFS, wake up!

The library staff told you their asylum status, what ID they carry and details of their library membership?

Then maybe I will phone them and/or the ICO, they shouldn't give that information out to people.

I'm perfectly awake, thanks. I think maybe you should wake up that you're digging into the lives of strangers without consent or even agood reason. That's snooping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    If they're marching them out of the door, why is there even a thread? They're dealing with it.

he was complaining they weren't dealing with it earlier in the thread. Needs to make his mind up :)
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member

This opinion is what happens when the milk of human kindness curdles.
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Well yes, as a human I support human rights. What are you, a gibbon? A Martian?

*chortle*
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    *chortle*

:o:D:o
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »
    he was complaining they weren't dealing with it earlier in the thread. Needs to make his mind up :)

I know. I'd love to know how he's either on the library computers for a 6-hour stretch or posting from a phone he's declared to be "playing up".
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This opinion is what happens when the milk of human kindness curdles.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.:)
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are people who'd love problems like yours.

He knows full well that his problems are trivial, it's just an excuse to be nasty.

"Other" people deserve to be treated like crap, that's the diffrence. And as for claiming to care about the plight of asylum seekers in his original post- bollocks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. I'd love to know how he's either on the library computers for a 6-hour stretch or posting from a phone he's declared to be "playing up".

It's playing up, not broken!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »

They're dealing with an ongoing problem. It's not yet resolved.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got chatting to one of them as he asked for my help in locating a phone shop.

He was a lovely guy, happy to chat, and it gave me an insight into his world.

I am NOT anti-asylum seekers.

That's great, although you didn't really answer the questions.

I think another poster hit the nail on the head here - the issue here isn't asylum seekers. The issue is your local library not enforcing its two hour policy. That the people taking advantage of that happen to be asylum seekers is pretty much irrelevant,
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are and nobody said that you weren't.

Nobody is shouting you down or denying you free speech.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    He knows full well that his problems are trivial, it's just an excuse to be nasty.

"Other" people deserve to be treated like crap, that's the diffrence. And as for claiming to care about the plight of asylum seekers in his original post- bollocks.

It is trivial compared to a lot of things, and if I was against asylum seekers, I wouldn't have helped one and got chatting to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're dealing with an ongoing problem. It's not yet resolved.

You really seem to have an inside track on this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh my god, don't say that on here, you'll be accused of allsorts.

Such as?
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's why people are able to respond to your comments... equitable system innit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    That's great, although you didn't really answer the questions.

I think another poster hit the nail on the head here - the issue here isn't asylum seekers. The issue is your local library not enforcing its two hour policy. That the people taking advantage of that happen to be asylum seekers is pretty much irrelevant,

I wouldn't say it's irrelevant, but I agree with the rest of your points.

If the main group doing this were school kids or any other particular group, it highlights a problem in that group, does it not?
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm "moaning" about the fact that it's a rarity that local people can get on PC's in OUR library because of it.

Library staff are moaning too, as are locals. Maybe we all need to get a life eh? Or maybe we're just pissed off with a service WE pay for being abused!

Oh grow a pier.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Oooh, oooh, take that you filthy library.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Such as?

Racism generally on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Oooh, oooh, take that you filthy library.

How mature.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    How mature.

I'm abusing the library.

I am beating it with a chain.
This discussion has been closed.