Options

What is EE going to do with Lauren? Spoilers

Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
Forum Member
Since Lauren's returned she appears to be a completely different character and although I think the actress has fitted in well the character is already so disliked now. The original Lauren was always quite liked and was one of the most popular youngsters on the show.

So far she's shown all the traits of characters most dislike, especially teens on the show. What with also pushing Stacey out of the show due to her finding out she killed Archie she's only going to become a more disliked character.

I wonder if they are going to keep her this way. I would have thought if they wanted the character to stick around for a good few years they would have to make her more likeable or for us to become sympathetic towards her. Villians on the show can last but selfich teenagers don't as in any storyline they're in we don't like them enough to care.

What do people hope the new Lauren will get in turns of storyline? Do people want to keep the selfish teen or try and turn her around?

Comments

• Options
    angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I first thought she got on much better with max, as in as the character and as herself. She's much more likeable for me.
    But yeah i would imagine they will just change her a bit to keep her, i don;t think they will get rid of her since the actor is so new.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I heard rumours going around that they were not going to keep the character, probably just gossip going about.
  • Options
    Lola02Lola02 Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jac Josa said on her DS interview that we would be seeing a softer side to Lauren soon and that the toughness is just a front ,

I am hoping that they have turned her for her upcoming part in the Stacey stuff and when that is over they will tone her down and make her more like old Lauren ,
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I like Lauren. Maybe I'm the only one. I understand that she wants to know what is going on with her brother.

Stacey is forcing herself out of the show tbh as she shouldn't have taken Archie's life. And I'm a loyal Stacey fan :D

As for selfish characters not lasting are you kidding? Every single Mitchell except maybe Jamie and Billy are completely selfish. They go on about family but non of them really give two BEEPS! And their one of the longest serving familys on the show.
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the new Lauren, it's definitely down to the actress as much as the writing, but she's definitely easier to watch.

The last actress, no idea who she was, but i can imagine she only left the show to have that stick surgically removed from her anus. She was so wooden and stiff, good on that Kirkwood fella to have her re-cast. ;)
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Well, nothing has been confirmed but people keep talking about self harm and something with Janine coming up...

Who knows.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the new Lauren. I think we'll see a softer side to her in the months ahead... she can't just be unlikeable and selfish. I think more likeable qualities will shine through, given time.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea, Right now it seems like she is just tagging along with the other teens in the show that are all slowly being shown the door because nobody likes them. I used to like lauren before but I just can't seem to like the new one because its only been something like 6 months since the last one was seen and now she is back she looks (is) like someone totally diffrent, not just looks but personality and attitude to go. Then I go and find out they are doing it with mitchells boy too apparently it seems prison is a weird place to go to get a brain transplant. Go in looking like A and come out looking like Z. Im not a fan of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As for selfish characters not lasting are you kidding? Every single Mitchell except maybe Jamie and Billy are completely selfish. They go on about family but non of them really give two BEEPS! And their one of the longest serving familys on the show.

They all have their own issues though and own stoylines so we can care about them, teenagers who have always been presented as selfish and spoilt suddenly get a big storyline and no one cares.
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    To be fair Lauren has been through quite a lot and yeah do believe the toughness is a front.

Came to the square as a four family, found a older half brother Bradley, Bradley's wife has an affair with her dad and she finds out. Runs over her dad for whatever reason, has a little brother, mum and dad split up, mum and dad get new partners, Bradley dies, splits with Peter and new boyf from America... etc

I miss the old Lauren but the new one is better because I find the character more believable now, think Maddie looked very young to be handling s/l's like Lauren's current ones.
  • Options
    The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Lauren. Maybe I'm the only one. I understand that she wants to know what is going on with her brother.

Stacey is forcing herself out of the show tbh as she shouldn't have taken Archie's life. And I'm a loyal Stacey fan :D

Chrissy I'm always interested to read your storyline idea's. What would you give to the new Lauren? I'd like to see her physchological issues (if she does infact have any) be explored but I don't know if that would be too similar to Stacey at present.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    Since Lauren's returned she appears to be a completely different character and although I think the actress has fitted in well the character is already so disliked now. The original Lauren was always quite liked and was one of the most popular youngsters on the show.

So far she's shown all the traits of characters most dislike, especially teens on the show. What with also pushing Stacey out of the show due to her finding out she killed Archie she's only going to become a more disliked character.

I wonder if they are going to keep her this way. I would have thought if they wanted the character to stick around for a good few years they would have to make her more likeable or for us to become sympathetic towards her. Villians on the show can last but selfich teenagers don't as in any storyline they're in we don't like them enough to care.

What do people hope the new Lauren will get in turns of storyline? Do people want to keep the selfish teen or try and turn her around?
    Lauren was really liked? The actress was awful and the character was a total boring plank. There's a reason they axed her in the first place.

If she's the reason Stacey leaves, she'll be getting only praise from me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know she's disliked?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    Lauren was really liked? The actress was awful and the character was a total boring plank. There's a reason they axed her in the first place.

If she's the reason Stacey leaves, she'll be getting only praise from me.

Lauren was generally liked I think, there wasn't much agreement on the actress but the character was a bit differnt from the usual teen as she kept her troubles to herself most of the time.
    eduble wrote: »
    How do you know she's disliked?

I think just reading the forums and watching the show with people gives an idea of what people think of her. Girls haven't liked her and guys just think she's fit.