Options

SumVision Cyclone Micro HD Media Player

Hi,

I have a SumVision Cyclone Micro HD Media Player.
(The original, not the '2')

Audio does not work when connected by HDMI lead to my Panasonic TV, but works fine using the red,white, yellow leads.

It appears this is a known problem and I am hoping somebody knows a fix for it.

cheers

Comments

• Options
    St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what you can do about that unless there's a firmware update that fixes it,
    but I have the "2" and audio works fine via hdmi, as the 2 is available for £23 maybe its time to upgrade?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply.
    I just wonder what makes Panasonic TV non compatible using HDMI?
    Has anybody ever been told?

Player works fine by HDMI though my mate's LG.
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could be completely barking up the wrong tree here, but if it works on your mate's TV fine, then check through the menus on your Panasonic TV to see if the particular HDMI socket you are using is set to use Analog or Digital sound.

I have 2 Panasonic TVs which have this option, enabling you to connect up an analog sound source via Phono on 1 of the HDMI ports, in place of HDMI audio. Setting it to ¨Digital¨ takes the audio from HDMI.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I could be completely barking up the wrong tree here, but if it works on your mate's TV fine, then check through the menus on your Panasonic TV to see if the particular HDMI socket you are using is set to use Analog or Digital sound.

I have 2 Panasonic TVs which have this option, enabling you to connect up an analog sound source via Phono on 1 of the HDMI ports, in place of HDMI audio. Setting it to ¨Digital¨ takes the audio from HDMI.

Thanks for the tip.:)
    Tried it, sadly no dice.
    Incidentally, I have tried all 3 HDMI inputs using the SKY HD box and the same HDMI cable.
    All work fine.:(
    Wondering if there is some sort of HDMI cable adapter available?
    Cheers