Is this the worst ever series?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Series 4 and 6 were pretty worst... This series has potential succesful pop singers... but is true that all the bickering and extramusical pathetic staff around the judging pannel and some contestants like Goldie, Frankie or all the overvalued artists like Janet or Craig hve made this season very difficult to watch...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Series 4 was atrocious and forgettable! I don't think this year is as bad although the standard could be a little higher though at least Frankie's gone now! But I do miss Simon! And this year there's been so many twists and what not because they're trying to get viewing figures up. :confused:
  • MarakaerMarakaer Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Up until the recent shakeup I totally would have agreed, but, and this may be controversial, but I think the events of the past week have actually tightened it into a much stronger year and race.

Getting rid of Frankie, Johnny and The Risk to me got rid of the time wasters and clones.

Getting back Amelia and adding her to Janet, Craig, Mischa, Kitty, Marcus and Little Mix has actually resulted in a fairly solid 7 strong lineup in my opinion.
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, Series 6 is the worst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    I think people think every year is the worst and as time goes by they look back on it with fondness and imagine the one they are watching is the worst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. When Danyl was tossing his mic back and forth between riffs? That was the worst year.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicey wrote: »
    I detested Series 6. Olly, Danyl, Lloyd, Jedward and Jamie all irritated me immensely and I didn't rate them. I found Joe dull and Stacey merely okay. Horrible horrible series.

I agree with you. I hated that year. I didn't rate any one of the final 12 at all. The fact the final was between a middle aged teenager, a mockney karaoke crooner and Ms Nice But Dim shows just how poor the talent pool was.

Last year was pretty poor. As I sit here, I'm actually struggling to remember more than 3 acts (Dull Matt, Dull Rebecca and Gobsh*te Cher).

This year has the potential as far as talent goes but it's not really delivering the performances for some reason.

Though looking back, in all honesty, probably 2008 is really the only vintage year for me
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its very close to being the worst.