Sue Johnston Making her Mark....

soapreturneesoapreturnee Posts: 421
Forum Member
She was fab 2nite in the drama with Stella, and the fire :) and Gloria is certainly making her mark thanks to the wonderful Sue Johnston, I think there's plenty more stories for her in the wake of the fire, can't wait to see What the writers come up with!! :L) :)

Comments

• dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    i would love if they cast ricky tomlinson as stellas dad :D has he been mentioned or seen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i agree, tonight she was different i liked her more, sticking up for Stella ect
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She certainly made a mark on the seat in the Bistro. :o
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been miles better since she returned.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's taken some time but we're now beginning to see a lot more to her character. When Eric died, we eventually saw her genuine feelings for him when she gave him a decent funeral by selling her ring. I'm really beginning to invest in her relationship with Stella and her one-liners have improved big time.
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    The character has improved massively since her return, i think they have made her far more well rounded, she is feisty/bit of a moan but they have also showed how much she cares for Stella and Eva, and her one liners are good (Ritas voice being like chalk on a board being one! :D)
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    She's been miles better since she returned.
    I agree.

Got that bit between her teeth now.
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish she'd hop off back to spain... the rain there is missing her... and she could take her daughter and granddaughter with her..
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

Got that bit between her teeth now.

Definitely. It's like she's grown into the part now and she comes across as much more relaxed and natural now. She is finally getting some decent scripts, which makes all the difference and we are now seeing her personality come one. I'm delighted for her and hope she stays for a long time to come. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll admit ive been one of her strongest critics but its looking like Sue Johnson is finally putting in the effort that is needed for the role still its a long road for me to start liking her! :cool:
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they could really develop the character properly in her first spell as she missed a lot of filming due to being sick. She's really starting to settle in the role now she's returned.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This does seem to be a new direction for Corrie - unlikely chronological gaps. For years the only 'established' one has been Audrey and Gail, with their fictional 16 or so years (and something laughable like four or five in real life); but now it seems like everyone who 'should' be about mid-50s is made out in character to be about 45 (even if their official profiles give their true age), and that's before their their 'parents' are brought in and look barely early 60s :eek:
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird. I have not liked SJ in Corrie until tonight and she really felt part of it tonight. Hope she can carry on like this.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    She's been much better since her return and she was on fine form tonight. A great addition to the cast.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never liked Gloria, but her comments to Sunita tonight were great:D. If she stays like that, she would probably be more likeable. She seems to have settled in now, not so OTT. She was awful in her first stint, best bit then was Lewis calling her an out of control buffoon:D.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Since her return I've really liked her, I couldn't stand her on her original stint - glad they sorted her out and I think tonight was her best ep yet.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been watching some old Brookside episodes on YouTube - Sue really is an outstanding actress.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always loved Gloria, so glad she came back. I agree, she's a great actress - loved her in Waking the Dead
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at first I couldn't take her serious as all i was seeing was Barbara from The Royle family, but ya im warming to her alot now (as Gloria and not Barbara :) ) and is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters on the show :D
  • SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    She certainly made a mark on the seat in the Bistro. :o

Yuk!!! Thanks for that image :(:D
  • fruitbasedfruitbased Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    She's still not working for me unfortunately...less so than ever tonight.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I love Gloria now :D Sue is fab!
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked her and her put-downs.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    I love Gloria now :D Sue is fab!

100% agreed. Her cutting remarks are straight out if Blanche's handbook.
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karl: Trouble in Paradise?'
    Gloria: It'll be Paradise Lost if he doesn't fix it soon.