East Edinburgh Labour Party is another Falkirk in the making.

Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Recently it has come to be known that there is something rotten in the EELP, members are at war and we have recently had to endure the embarrament that a councillor named David Walker has links to a well known thug named John Lindsay who runs a security company which is nothing more than a front for rather sleazy dealings, well a few weeks ago we learn that same councillor wrote a letter on council notepaper in way of a character reference for the same thug mentioned above who tortured and poured boiling water other another man. Thankfully the thug has been locked up but it looks like the intimidation from Lindsay and his associates will continue though against party members who want rid of Walker.

I have only recently rejoined the party but I'm appalled at the allegation that all the names and addresses of members where passed on to those with an interest in keeping Walker as a councillor and as canditate for next council elections. We need an investigation into the corruption and party links with families/companies allegedly involved in criminal activities but strangely we cannot get Ed to take an interest.

I'm hearing mumbling from other members that EELP is firmly in the pocket of the Lindsay family, local politics has always been a quagmire but when party members feel intimidated to support certain members then local democracy suffers.

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simple solution to all this crap

ANYONE WANT TO BE A MP?

put your name in the hat and the local party will vote on who they want

SCREW LISTS
    SCREW FAVOURITISM
    SCREW POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

one list
    one vote
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Is the East Edinburgh Tory deputy chairman a Walter Mitty character who invented his army career as well? Just wanting to check the analogy works fully.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully the thug has been locked up but it looks like the intimidation from Lindsay and his associates will continue though against party members who want rid of Walker.
    Here's the case

Don't know how it shows intimidation against Labour Party members
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Here's the case

Don't know how it shows intimidation against Labour Party members

Well I have been threatened by associates of walker and that vile thug Lindsay because I'm vocal about a councillor who is as sleazy as the jailed thug, I only rejoined because I wanted to support other party members in trying to have walker removed as candidate for councillor.

When criminals hold sway over elected members then only bad things can come of it.
  • boardboyboardboy Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Recently it has come to be known that there is something rotten in the EELP, members are at war and we have recently had to endure the embarrament that a councillor named David Walker has links to a well known thug named John Lindsay who runs a security company which is nothing more than a front for rather sleazy dealings, well a few weeks ago we learn that same councillor wrote a letter on council notepaper in way of a character reference for the same thug mentioned above who tortured and poured boiling water other another man. Thankfully the thug has been locked up but it looks like the intimidation from Lindsay and his associates will continue though against party members who want rid of Walker.

I have only recently rejoined the party but I'm appalled at the allegation that all the names and addresses of members where passed on to those with an interest in keeping Walker as a councillor and as canditate for next council elections. We need an investigation into the corruption and party links with families/companies allegedly involved in criminal activities but strangely we cannot get Ed to take an interest.

I'm hearing mumbling from other members that EELP is firmly in the pocket of the Lindsay family, local politics has always been a quagmire but when party members feel intimidated to support certain members then local democracy suffers.

Any member of the Labour Party who has a complaint can contact the General Secretary
    Ian Price
    Scottish General Secretary
    290 Bath Street, Glasgow
    G2 4RE
    http://www.scottishlabour.org.uk
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have been threatened by associates of walker and that vile thug Lindsay because I'm vocal about a councillor who is as sleazy as the jailed thug, I only rejoined because I wanted to support other party members in trying to have walker removed as candidate for councillor.

When criminals hold sway over elected members then only bad things can come of it.

If all you do is moan then they will get away with it