Looking for a branded Android Tabloit - £100 is my limit

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm a total newbie when it comes to tablets but would like one for light/medium use.

Bit of browsing, watching movies etc when on my night shift etc etc

Would prefer a branded one, over something unbranded that you can get from China etc - returns are impossible once things go wrong so prefer a UK supplier. Refurb with warranty is fine.

Wishful thinking?

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you can pick up a 1st gen refurbed Nexus 7 for around £100 nowadays. Or add twenty quid and bag a Hudl.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I think you can pick up a 1st gen refurbed Nexus 7 for around £100 nowadays. Or add twenty quid and bag a Hudl.

Like this

http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-refurb-32gb-nexus-7-nvidia-quad-core-1gb-android-4-1-957V.html?refs=54410000&src=3
  • ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    For your budget a first gen Nexus 7 as above is a no brainer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tabloit? :D

Thanks all
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »

I'm a newbie to tablets, fancy one, really don't know where to start,
    but that one looks good, but its been refurbed? has anyone bought a refurbed one before?
    or should I buy a 'new one?'
    am just a bit :confused: over which to get tbh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a newbie to tablets, fancy one, really don't know where to start,
    but that one looks good, but its been refurbed? has anyone bought a refurbed one before?
    or should I buy a 'new one?'
    am just a bit :confused: over which to get tbh!

Welcome to the confused club!!
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy tab 3 7inch are about £99 brand new. Not the best tablet but it does the job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This 9" nook is ideal for watching movies, Internet TV, and browsing...

http://www.very.co.uk/nook-hd-16gb-9-inch-tablet-slate-black/1216529124.prd?_requestid=385361

If you check out the voucher sites you will probably be able to get it discounted and nearer to your budget limit. I got 30 pounds off mine with a voucher.

It has a 1080p screen and is far superior to the older nexus screen.

I've got the latest nexus, but use the nook far more.
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the confused club!!

Hi there, my first post from tablet, I got a neo core off amazon,
    Have been playing with it all day, seems OK so far,,
    Hows your searching going?;-)
  • davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    When chosing any tabelt, look for processort speed and ram - and storage

1.2 ghz - 1.6 ghz dual - 1 gig ram - least 8gb storage - also be careful gemini tabelts mostly come with amazon apps - not google play! and ratings for these are poor accross all models

Sumvison - do some good ones - but its light on accessories avalible but offer good specs, now i had the sumvision cyclone voyger and although it has its downfalls and problems most where corrected with new firmware from sumvision so they do have back up.....

the samsung galx 2 or 3 - 7 inch - heard that 2 was better than 3 but you can get lots of cheap add on accessories

Low reviews mainly genimi - mid range - pretigio - good very samsung - this is from an online mail order catalouge they have lots of reveiws V@ry is the name.

But there are plenty of choices - but many are so similar really - speed / ram / memory and battery are the key elements - but always look for reviews first

although i have just ditched my sumvision for a windows 8.1 netbook - so i'm going backwards - is some terms

good luck
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi i done the same as you and asked on here about tablets before buying. i got me and my daughter a nexus 7 each with 32gb from argos clearance £81.00 ,and both of us are really pleased with them im on mine constant lol
  • happymonkeyhappymonkey Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just bought a Nook HD+ 9 inch & love it so far! Sky Go works & streaming Netflix via Chromecast is fantastic! For some reason tho it crashes on the BT Sport app? I paid £102 so very happy... So far :-o
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, the Nook is a decent 1080p screened tablet.

The main fault is lack of built in GPS but its price more than compensates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davetech wrote: »
    When chosing any tabelt, look for processort speed and ram - and storage

1.2 ghz - 1.6 ghz dual - 1 gig ram - least 8gb storage - also be careful gemini tabelts mostly come with amazon apps - not google play! and ratings for these are poor accross all models

Sumvison - do some good ones - but its light on accessories avalible but offer good specs, now i had the sumvision cyclone voyger and although it has its downfalls and problems most where corrected with new firmware from sumvision so they do have back up.....

the samsung galx 2 or 3 - 7 inch - heard that 2 was better than 3 but you can get lots of cheap add on accessories

Low reviews mainly genimi - mid range - pretigio - good very samsung - this is from an online mail order catalouge they have lots of reveiws V@ry is the name.

But there are plenty of choices - but many are so similar really - speed / ram / memory and battery are the key elements - but always look for reviews first

although i have just ditched my sumvision for a windows 8.1 netbook - so i'm going backwards - is some terms

good luck

I had a Sumvision, which when I bought it was good value for money, however, after a few months the battery life started falling off and went down to about an hour, so I got a refund on it.

For TV and video the 9" Nook HD+ offers unbeatable value. Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) also runs Flashplayer far better than later versions.