Options

Something like Word for ipad3?

alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've tried a couple of apps that say they are like Word for the ipad but neither would let me actually add to the text in a document, which is what I really want. Does anyone know if such an app exists? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple Pages
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have an Office 365 subscription you can run Microsoft Office on an iPad to edit docs.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    I've tried a couple of apps that say they are like Word for the ipad but neither would let me actually add to the text in a document, which is what I really want. Does anyone know if such an app exists? Thanks.

I use Google Documents. It allows me to open and edit documents quickly and easily. Or you could try Quick Office, that works well too.

:) Mark
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pages, google doc/drive, Polaris office.

Google Docs and Polaris Office are free. Pages is free if you have bought an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch) after September 2013.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately I don't have a 360 subscription. I do have Pages but it doesn't seem to let me do what I want to do. Basically I want to be able to send myself a report, open it on my ipad, adapt and edit what is there to make a new report and save that. It will let me add text but not in the box that already has text in, if that makes sense. Basically I make regular visits to clients and want to be able to write a similar style report on each I visit, using the previous report for that client as a basis for the new report. Sorry if that makes no sense ... It does to me!

Would I have to be online to use google docs?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    Would I have to be online to use google docs?

Not with the latest update, no.

:) Mark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorted... I realised that the document I'm using has a lot of the text in tables and to change that text wasn't obvious at first. Phew!