The Sharon Watts/Mitchell/Rickman/Mitchell Appreciation Thread!

Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
Forum Member
✭✭
I did a quick search and I couldn't find another Sharon appreciation thread so I thought I'd go ahead and make one. It's about time we had somewhere to discuss the undisputed Queen of Camp!:D

Comments

• 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going mad. It's 4 in the morning on Boxing Day and I can't sleep. :(

I could go to Asda and wrestle someone for a cut price toaster but l'll come and whine about Sharon in this thread. :D

On a positive note it was great to see Sharon win the Queen of the Square poll. I didn't expect that at all. I really hope 2015 is the year she awakens from her coma!
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't surprised Sharon won the poll to be honest. Despite a concerted effort by some to depict her as an incidental character it was never going to work. History speaks for itself. Sharongate, Shannis, I Bet You Never Thought You'd See Me Again, Sharon and Michelle, Den's Return, Dennis's Death, Den and Angie's Marriage and Den's Murder are just some of the storylines and relationships that have cemented Sharon as a soap legend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great points as always BA! Such a shame there's been nothing worthy of that list since she returned. Maybe that one post attack Marcus episode and the Hurricane trailer!!!
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so pleased that Sharon won the poll. She is the Queen of Walford. Sharon is a true legend of the show and she needs more storylines. I'm gonna post a lot of Sharon videos soon. Long live Sharon Watts :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff Al!
    Bring em on and nice to have you on the thread. :D
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Considering they are filming late Feb now I am guessing this isn't linked to the NYD death. So whose funeral are Sharon and Linda attending? Unless of course these pictures were taken months ago then it is the NYD death.
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/417256/EastEnders-picture-exclusive-Pregnant-Linda-and-the-coffin-mystery
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting AP. I'm trying to avoid the NYD spoilers in an attempt to get more excited about EE again but in the current set up I would assume Yvonne is expendable and they would probably go for Dot. Unless TPTB have decided to bump off Vicky and Sharon drags L along like she randomly did to Dennis's grave after knowing her for a week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    If it was Vicky she would probably be in a funeral car. I hope its do with Sharon getting her own storyline.
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon owned Peggy in this scene :D

http://youtu.be/zaaXT8Uv8sQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALowsley wrote: »
    Sharon owned Peggy in this scene :D

http://youtu.be/zaaXT8Uv8sQ

My favourite is the 'Over my dead body' one. Can't recall when exactly it was but its hilarious. :D
  • wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon's reaction about Linda was so realistic and Letitia Dean acted it really well. She didnt know what to say but she felt sad for Linda.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a nice scene wiz. Phil was hilarious too. :D
    Forum Member
    Have you guys heard the rumour about Lola dying? I hope it isn't true I love the Sharon and Lola scenes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Lola. If she dies I'll be really annoyed. Not least because DTC hasn't given her anything to do since he became EP. She was shaping up to be a great character before he joined.

Sharon and Yvonne were hilarious tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto, I hate how Sharon got dumped with Phil but it is nice to see her more rooted now. And yes, I enjoyed her as a surrogate mum to Lola.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I think sharon should feature more in future episodes and I want her to be landlady of the Queen Vic in 2015. This makes sense because the show started with her parents being the land lords of the pub and 30 years on its only fitting that Sharon should own it and run it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still hope Sharon will end up back in The Vic some day but I don't mind The Carters for now. I just wish they'd appear a bit less as it's become overkill. It looks like The Albert will finally be used again in the next few episodes for Ronnie's wedding reception.

Speaking of Ronnie, I'm glad they seem to have found a mutual respect for each other. Fighting over Jack Branning was a real low point for both of them. The writers missed a trick not having them reference the fact Den and Archie died in the same way in the same spot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie and Sharon's first interactions with each other were horrendous. The modern tragedy queen meeting her predecessor, so much in common in terms of the Vic, Mitchells etc and they had a bitch off over Jack Branning! :(

I much prefer them this way and I would like some dialogue where Sharon and Ronnie's roles history within the Mitchells are mentioned.
    Forum Member
    So now we know it isn't Lola. The spoiler pics show loads of Sharon. Will she take over Phil's businesses while he is in prison? I would love her to be the boss of the square.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    I'm going mad. It's 4 in the morning on Boxing Day and I can't sleep. :(

I could go to Asda and wrestle someone for a cut price toaster but l'll come and whine about Sharon in this thread. :D

On a positive note it was great to see Sharon win the Queen of the Square poll. I didn't expect that at all. I really hope 2015 is the year she awakens from her coma!
    Im glad my Queen Poll was won by a wide decisive margin by Sharon.I actually knew shed do well but I wasnt confident that DS would deliver a win for the Queen of Camp:D Just goes to show that Sharon has more rock solid fans even on DS than assumed and that when it comes to the crunch and people have to think about what REALLY makes a soapqueen then Sharon becomes the obvious choice to many.
    I wasn't surprised Sharon won the poll to be honest. Despite a concerted effort by some to depict her as an incidental character it was never going to work. History speaks for itself. Sharongate, Shannis, I Bet You Never Thought You'd See Me Again, Sharon and Michelle, Den's Return, Dennis's Death, Den and Angie's Marriage and Den's Murder are just some of the storylines and relationships that have cemented Sharon as a soap legend.

If anyone should have Started a Sharon/Letitia appreciation thread it definitely had to be you-How very fitting!:D

All I can say is this past week it really started to feel like the real Sharon is within grasp and may be with us permanently better written and not just as a blip.

I for one have been delighted with her this week -a real joy to watch.
    Forum Member
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed Sharon's performances so much better lately it just show what a bit of work can do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belated Happy New Year fellow Sharonistas! :D
    I do like the scenes we've had this year, even though I don't like the vision for Sharon since her return. Gotta suck it up I suppose.
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Belated Happy New Year fellow Sharonistas! :D
    I do like the scenes we've had this year, even though I don't like the vision for Sharon since her return. Gotta suck it up I suppose.

Lets hope its a year were the queen of camp reigns long!:D

Belated Happy New Year to you too:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope its a year were the queen of camp reigns long!:D

Belated Happy New Year to you too:)

Yes, but hopefully she gets to show her other sides too. I really wanted a gothic Sharon but I ssuppose Ronnie covers that ground now. Incidentally don't forget to vote for laShazz in the EE characters poll in the games room!