Have you read about this??? I'm so upset and it wasn't even my cat!

glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
Forum Member
I was just looking at my local news and I read this :eek:

Animal welfare workers have condemned an attack on a cat in which the pet was shot and then stamped on.

The ginger Burmese called Miro was found crawling around in agony by a member of the public who took him back to his owner in Stockton-on-Tees.

Vets operated on the animal, but were unable to save him.

The RSPCA described the attack as "despicable" and the cat's owners said they "would not rest" until those responsible were found.

Owner Linda Stephenson said: "I can't believe anyone could do such a thing. We are devastated, and desperate to find out who is responsible. We won't rest until we do."

RSPCA deputy chief inspector Mark Gent said: "This poor cat suffered a great deal. He died on the operating table as a vet tried to save his life. In the end his head was so swollen he just couldn't breathe.

"This was a despicable act, and we can't allow the person responsible to do anything like this again."

Mrs Stephenson said the family had put up posters in the area where Miro was found.

She added: "Miro was part of our family. What sort of person does something like this?"

BBC News

How can somebody do that??? We've got 4 cats and if that happened to one of ours we'd be absolutely devastated.

Comments