Options

Mary's House

Comments

• Options
    pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't that bad-no carpet on the stairs, it looked like they had taken up the old one, maybe they're waiting on a new one. The patio doors were filthy from the little dog doing his nut to get back in. The bathroom could do with a clean but I'd blame the daughter for that, not Mary.
    Dull women have perfect houses:D
    I was expecting worse given the comments on here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    There are many possible reasons why she had no stair carpet down - more likely down to her financial situation.

Carpets dont cost much, she does have a job. She could have even sanded them and made them more respectable, I am not well off but take great pride in my home.
  • Options
    derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really feel sorry for Mary. She was holding down 2 jobs and not living off benefits. She's been away from home for a couple of months and this was shown on national TV.

Not shame on her but shame on her daughter, and shame on the producers for putting it out. And shame on all the snooty nosed critics on here deriding her fof it. No wonder she was not herself on Saturday.

How many of you lot carrying on about her suposed lack of housekeeping skills has had to face grinding poverty day in and day out? It can get you down so low you don't give a running **** about anything except getting to the end of yet another god-damn awful week.

Leave her alone, and actually it's a good reason to vote for her, so she can get out of such a life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pixieboots wrote: »
    It wasn't that bad-no carpet on the stairs, it looked like they had taken up the old one, maybe they're waiting on a new one. The patio doors were filthy from the little dog doing his nut to get back in. The bathroom could do with a clean but I'd blame the daughter for that, not Mary.

I agree.

Also, I don't recall any threads being started about the state of 1 Direction or the Boys' rooms in the X-Factor house which was shown on the Xtra Factor on Saturday night (Way filthier than Mary's house :eek:).
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maisie74 wrote: »
    Carpets dont cost much, she does have a job. She could have even sanded them and made them more respectable, I am not well off but take great pride in my home.

They do if you have very little money to live on! Food, heating and clothing has a tendancy to take priority. Someone living on the pay of a supermarket checkout worker would have very little spare cash.

Who knows why Mary's house was so untidy. She has been away for a couple of months. Who knows if it was like that before she left. And is a happy, secure house better than an immaculately furnished and disinfected but cold and souless house?
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if that house had soul.. then god help us all..
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*whistles* :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe that someone has put a youtube of Mary's house entitled Mary's Filthy Minging House.....WHY? It's just a plain and simple NASTY thing to do. Whoever has put it up there should be ashamed of themselves,,,a person with any sense of decency would remove it.

I am not speaking as a Mary fan but as a decent human being; the woman has been away from home for weeks...its the XF production crew who should be castigated, I wouldn't put it past them to have put a word in the daughter's ear not to clean up specially for the cameras (just like they do on Jeremy Kyle when the contestants come on wearing their scruffs - "oh, no...don't go dressing up...we want to see the real you etc etc"

Same goes for the close ups of the inside of the freezer and the bathroom... it was unncessary.

As for no carpets on the stairs etc.. the woman is being castigated for not having enough money to buy carpets/new windows etc... She not sponging off the state...she's getting off her arse and working two jobs; she should be applauded and, frankly, it is up to her how she spends her hard earned money.

Frankly, this all leaves a really bad taste in my mouth; its just the worst kind of voyeurism - shame on XF for putting it out and shame on the person/people who started this thread/contributed their snide, nasty comments and linked in that YT.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent post mattadore, I agree with you!
  • Options
    PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the dog was "doing his nut" to try and keep the door closed so he didn't have to go back in the house......that muddy garden is a darn sight cleaner than the lounge!!

I blame her untidy **** of a daughter, who wouldn't know a vacuum cleaner if she tripped over it........which is easily done when its buried under a weeks worth of dirty washing. :eek:
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When was the last time the freezer was defrosted? :eek:
    I know most freezers have the auto defrost now, but that looked like the top of Mount Everest. If said Daughter is looking after the home, she really could've / should've made an effort for the Cameras at least. How embarrassing :o
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    lady*tara wrote: »
    ITS a mess c,mon how much does tesco basic cleaning range cost and she gets 20% discount bog off and double club points.mary while ye busy get ye daughter to give the place a clean it needs it.:eek::eek:

:D:DShe hasnt being home for weeks to clean it, Im sure her daughter has had a few parties since Mary's being in London
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Dull women have perfect houses?

Guaranteed that was made up by someone who doesn't clean.

Also, so frigging what if Mary's house is dirty? Some people don't do housework. Doesn't make them bad people. Perhaps she's happy like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    I really do question the producers judgement in transmitting this item like this.

Ok fair enough her house isn't the nicest, but there are ways of 'sparing their blushes'. Why did you have to show the manky, untidy bathroom, with the soap bottles all over the place? And the fridge all clogged up with ice. This is meant to be X factor not How Clean is Your House.

They should have filmed and edited it better. It was almost humiliating the way they did it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont really know myself what the idea of that was at all.. it did Mary no favours.. as to me dirty house , dirty personal hygiene .
  • Options
    PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    dont really know myself what the idea of that was at all.. it did Mary no favours.. as to me dirty house , dirty personal hygiene .

You have a point, although you know what they say..........."Dirty Pants......Clean Bottom"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    mattadore wrote: »
    I cannot believe that someone has put a youtube of Mary's house entitled Mary's Filthy Minging House.....WHY? It's just a plain and simple NASTY thing to do. Whoever has put it up there should be ashamed of themselves,,,a person with any sense of decency would remove it.

I am not speaking as a Mary fan but as a decent human being; the woman has been away from home for weeks...its the XF production crew who should be castigated, I wouldn't put it past them to have put a word in the daughter's ear not to clean up specially for the cameras (just like they do on Jeremy Kyle when the contestants come on wearing their scruffs - "oh, no...don't go dressing up...we want to see the real you etc etc"

Same goes for the close ups of the inside of the freezer and the bathroom... it was unncessary.

As for no carpets on the stairs etc.. the woman is being castigated for not having enough money to buy carpets/new windows etc... She not sponging off the state...she's getting off her arse and working two jobs; she should be applauded and, frankly, it is up to her how she spends her hard earned money.

Frankly, this all leaves a really bad taste in my mouth; its just the worst kind of voyeurism - shame on XF for putting it out and shame on the person/people who started this thread/contributed their snide, nasty comments and linked in that YT.

agree completely.....it was a set up and shouldn't have been shown. Has it been done before on the show?

+ What are they trying to show... That she is a slob?

It wasn't that bad...just untidy and lacking lots of spare cash......and who hasn't been in that situation at some point.
    Min wage checkout jobs don't pay for gloss in life, just the basics..
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apparently Mary works as a part time cleaner as well.She has been away from her house for seven weeks or so : if it's untidy at the moment,it's almost certainly down to the daughter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Apparently Mary works as a part time cleaner as well.She has been away from her house for seven weeks or so : if it's untidy at the moment,it's almost certainly down to the daughter.
    maybe , but if your brought up in a tidy environment you would be used to liking it that way surely...
  • Options
    derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe , but if your brought up in a tidy environment you would be used to liking it that way surely...

My kids were brought up in a clean and tidy house, my sons room was ok, my daughters was an absolute pigs sty. This vision of loveliness would emerge every morning and leave behind a pulsating mess. I used to joke that if ever I went in there I'd have to tie a rope round my waist and the door handle in case I couldn't find my way out again. I'm also sure something else was living in there under all abandond clothes.

When she got her own house it all changed, I'm frightened to put my coffee cup down untill I've finished it incase it's whipped away half full.:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derbrain wrote: »
    My kids were brought up in a clean and tidy house, my sons room was ok, my daughters was an absolute pigs sty. This vision of loveliness would emerge every morning and leave behind a pulsating mess. I used to joke that if ever I went in there I'd have to tie a rope round my waist and the door handle in case I couldn't find my way out again. I'm also sure something else was living in there under all abandond clothes.

When she got her own house it all changed, I'm frightened to put my coffee cup down untill I've finished it incase it's whipped away half full.:D:D:D:D

Is that you Mum? :D
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this what caused Mary's breakdown? i dont think she has gone home to recover, I think she's gone home to clean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do if you have very little money to live on! Food, heating and clothing has a tendancy to take priority. Someone living on the pay of a supermarket checkout worker would have very little spare cash.

Who knows why Mary's house was so untidy. She has been away for a couple of months. Who knows if it was like that before she left. And is a happy, secure house better than an immaculately furnished and disinfected but cold and souless house?

I don't think someone removed her stair carpet since she went off to do X factor - and supermarket checkout workers are not badly paid - I could be controversial and say maybe if she ate less she could afford to have a half decent house.

Sorry but your home is a reflection of the person you are and it looks like Mary and her daughter are lazy and live like pigs.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think someone removed her stair carpet since she went off to do X factor - and supermarket checkout workers are not badly paid - I could be controversial and say maybe if she ate less she could afford to have a half decent house.

Sorry but your home is a reflection of the person you are and it looks like Mary and her daughter are lazy and live like pigs.

Rather judgemental if I may say so.There is probably a very good reason why there is no carpet on the stairs : most houses even on working class council estates like Mary's would have carpet or lino on the stairs....I doubt very much it's like that all year round.

The house didn't look that bad,a little cluttered perhaps but I've seen worse.I'm guessing the daughter has been useless at housework while Mary has been away
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Rather judgemental if I may say so.There is probably a very good reason why there is no carpet on the stairs : most houses even on working class council estates like Mary's would have carpet or lino on the stairs....I doubt very much it's like that all year round.

The house didn't look that bad,a little cluttered perhaps but I've seen worse.I'm guessing the daughter has been useless at housework while Mary has been away

My mum went on a five week holiday/cruise when I was 19, when she came home I wasn't in but she thought she'd been burgled and called the police.:eek: