crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talentless for me.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I love Britney and I agree that nostalgia and memories from childhood have something to do with it, but it's not just about that.If she wasn't delivering, I wouldn't LOVE her anymore; I would still have a soft spot for her, but not love her.Her music is amazing post-breakdown, even more so than her music pre-breakdown (bar ITZ)!

I really do think that people are underestimating her (:eek: YES, I said it!).We all tend to compare her with what she was capable of in the past.She had better videos, she had MUCH better performances, she had more energy, she had more passion for music etc etc.But what will happen if we stop comparing her to her past self and start comparing her to her peers??People bash her to death for her performances, but they seem to forget that Britney is the only current popstar that can still dance on stage. Even though her dancing is stiff compared to the past, she is still a much better dancer than all of those young popstars combined. Nobody else even tries to dance!Rihanna?Ke$ha?Katy?And even GaGa is a more awkward dancer than Britney!When it comes to singing live, Britney proved in her tour that she can outperform most popstars in that department too!As far as success and popularity is concerned, the people that criticize her seem to forget that all the popstars right now are struggling in a way.Katy is supposed to be in her peak era, yet she is having massive trouble selling 2 million in the U.S (where she had 5 No.1 hits) and 4 million ww.Ke$ha's album didn't sell that well and her EP completely flopped.Rihanna's 'Loud' was kind of her career-defining moment so far and it still sold about 4 million ww with 6 singles!And GaGa at this point is considered the biggest popstar in the world (and her fans are casually slating Brit) but with all this promo and all the singles, she hasn't even sold half of what Britney used to.If none of the brand new and fresh popstars can reach Britney's peak time period, then isn't this hightime we came to terms with the fact that Britney does not have to surpass or tie her peak eras either?

Aren't you forgetting Beyoncé lol ;)???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Aren't you forgetting Beyoncé lol ;)???
    I knew I would be corrected about it...I excluded her because I was talking about popstars.Beyonce has done pop songs and all her albums have some pop orientation at some extent, but she's not a popstar in the Britney/Christina/Madonna sense. :cool:
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed she still has so many fans. I'm not insulting her. For a a manufactured pop singer she's done well to stay relevant
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when i went to see madonna 2009, she was definitely dancing on the stage. also lady gaga was dancing on her tour too. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I knew I would be corrected about it...I excluded her because I was talking about popstars.Beyonce has done pop songs and all her albums have some pop orientation at some extent, but she's not a popstar in the Britney/Christina/Madonna sense. :cool:

What would you class her as? Are you saying that Xtina is bigger than her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What would you class her as? Are you saying that Xtina is bigger than her?
    When did I say that?Just because they're both women, famous and rich that doesn't mean that I compared them or that I want to do so. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I didn't compare anyone to Beyonce in general and I would class her as an urban star/r'n'b' star but not as a popstar simply because apart from the IASF era there is hardly anything POP about Beyonce.Her visuals are not POP, her songs have pop influences but they are not POP etc etc.That's all I said.She is not a popstar in the traditional sense of popstar.I consider Britney, Christina and Madonna to be popstars and that's why I mentioned them...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When did I say that?Just because they're both women, famous and rich that doesn't mean that I compared them or that I want to do so. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I didn't compare anyone to Beyonce in general and I would class her as an urban star/r'n'b' star but not as a popstar simply because apart from the IASF era there is hardly anything POP about Beyonce.Her visuals are not POP, her songs have pop influences but they are not POP etc etc.That's all I said.She is not a popstar in the traditional sense of popstar.I consider Britney, Christina and Madonna to be popstars and that's why I mentioned them...
    I didn't say you said that, I just thought you might have been trying to say that those 3 are above Beyoncé. It's just that a lot of people still class her as a popstar, so thought she deserved a mention :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't say you said that, I just thought you might have been trying to say that those 3 are above Beyoncé. It's just that a lot of people still class her as a popstar, so thought she deserved a mention :).
    Well, I disagree with those people then ;)
    Imo she is not a popstar, so I didn't include her.If my post was about good dancers in the industry, she would get a mention, strictly thanks to her RTW footwork and her 'Single Ladies' flexibility, not for overall technique and natural gift at dancing...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I disagree with those people then ;)
    Imo she is not a popstar, so I didn't include her.If my post was about good dancers in the industry, she would get a mention, strictly thanks to her RTW footwork and her 'Single Ladies' flexibility, not for overall technique and natural gift at dancing...

http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/8/3/upload/1c07562a.gif

Joking :p

I will say that Ciara is one of the best technical dancers out of the woman, but that's for another thread I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/8/3/upload/1c07562a.gif

Joking :p

I will say that Ciara is one of the best technical dancers out of the woman, but that's for another thread I guess.
    (I'd add Janet and Aaliyah first and then 1999-2004 Britney, Madonna and J Lo -she always gets forgotten- as well.Just saying...Beyonce is still a solid dancer, but not on that level.Her footwork is getting better, though.)